Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64

Thread: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    House GOP Blasts State Dept. over Benghazi Review - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

    Adm. Mike Mullen, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff:



    It is unsurprising how badly conservatives want to milk Benghazi for all it's worth.
    Milk Benghazi?

    Benghazi was a gaff by a bunch of politicians who didn't know what the **** they were doing.

    These morons viewed the mob outside of the Embassy as something similar to OWS - so they enjoyed it in their anti-American ways.

    Those ****s over there don't "peacefully assemble and piss on your sidewalk" when they mob they mean business.

    That's the fault in the elitists broken brains such as Obama and Hillary...

    There is a big ****ing difference between mob and mob action.

    That's why I would have set the mob on fire...

  2. #32
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's disappointing that some would rather just sweep this whole thing under the rug rather than acknowledge anything that might cast the current administration in a less than perfect light.
    Truly sad and disappointing.

    My concern is that may be something more that we don't know... arms deals or the like... Iran-Contra comes to mind... but we may never know given the push back from the Democrats and the lack of investigative reporting by the media.

    I bet if there would have been a bridge and cones involved, the media would have gotten to the bottom of it by now.

  3. #33
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Benghazi Attack: U.S. Special Forces Team Stopped From Going To Libya, Former Diplomat Gregory Hicks Claims

    Benghazi Attack: U.S. Special Forces Team Stopped From Going To Libya, Former Diplomat Gregory Hicks Claims


    Four members of Army special forces ready to head to Benghazi, Libya, after the deadly assault on the American diplomatic mission had ended were told not to go, according to a former top diplomat.
    Gregory Hicks also argued in an interview with Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that if the U.S. military had flown aircraft over the Benghazi facility after it came under siege it might have prevented the second attack on the CIA annex that killed two CIA security officers.

    Hicks also contended that if the U.S. military has scrambled jet fighters after the first attack that it would have prevented the mortar attack on the CIA annex around 5:15 a.m.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    That in and of itself doesn't make it political, except that we need to know what happened and who ordered it so we as the electorate can make an informed choice in 2016.

    That's true...


    Had to laugh... That's one view. I don't totally agree, nor disagree.
    Who else can order it beyond the POTUS?

    I'm sure there were several generals that has similar ideas but the POTUS is the commander in chief.

  5. #35
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Who else can order it beyond the POTUS?

    I'm sure there were several generals that has similar ideas but the POTUS is the commander in chief.
    SecDef for one. There are others, to include State, by limiting the request for assistance to DOD preventing DOD from moving beyond the mission parameters (for example, State says that they want DOD to stay in Tripoli and not move outward). In an international event such as this one, State has lead, with DOD in support only.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    SecDef for one. There are others, to include State, by limiting the request for assistance to DOD preventing DOD from moving beyond the mission parameters (for example, State says that they want DOD to stay in Tripoli and not move outward). In an international event such as this one, State has lead, with DOD in support only.
    Orders go out the window when someone is trying to kill you...

    If I was there you think I would give **** about orders?

    If I was there everyone would have lived because I would have set everyone on fire, and fire disperses crowds rather quickly.

    Then I would have burnt the damn embassy down.

  7. #37
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Orders go out the window when someone is trying to kill you...

    If I was there you think I would give **** about orders?

    If I was there everyone would have lived because I would have set everyone on fire, and fire disperses crowds rather quickly.

    Then I would have burnt the damn embassy down.
    The guys that were there sis exactly that. The problem was with the guys in Tripoli and Mombasa that were ordered to not deploy to Benghazi. If they had been allowed to deploy, things may have been different. Maybe not... other than actually taking the fight to al Qaeda instead of letting them have free rein.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    The guys that were there sis exactly that. The problem was with the guys in Tripoli and Mombasa that were ordered to not deploy to Benghazi. If they had been allowed to deploy, things may have been different. Maybe not... other than actually taking the fight to al Qaeda instead of letting them have free rein.
    Sometimes survival takes priority over "orders", but perhaps my techniques for survival might be a bit to creative or intelligent, potentially harsh or barbaric to some.

    I'd seriously set them all on fire.

    But I wouldn't expect delegates or appointed officials to think of such an act of defense. They would probably call it defiance and I would end up in military prison for saving lives.... Small price to pay if everyone made it out ok and no intelligence was lost.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 02-11-14 at 11:46 PM.

  9. #39
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    The guys that were there sis exactly that. The problem was with the guys in Tripoli and Mombasa that were ordered to not deploy to Benghazi. If they had been allowed to deploy, things may have been different. Maybe not... other than actually taking the fight to al Qaeda instead of letting them have free rein.
    They may have been different -- or terrorists could have attacked assets in Tripoli while our guys were rushing off to Benghazi. Nobody knew at the time. According to the report, the Pentagon was concerned that there would be other attacks against U.S. interests in Libya. That's why the Tripoli team was held.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Republicans investigating Benghazi blame White House, State Dept. for failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    They may have been different -- or terrorists could have attacked assets in Tripoli while our guys were rushing off to Benghazi. Nobody knew at the time. According to the report, the Pentagon was concerned that there would be other attacks against U.S. interests in Libya. That's why the Tripoli team was held.
    This nation you adore seems to be extremely unorganized, not only that but you're willing to believe any excuse they give you.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •