Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war’

  1. #1
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war’

    A group of individuals with sniper rifles disabled 17 giant transformers in Silicon Valley in April — an attack labeled as “the most significant incident of domestic terrorism involving the grid that has ever occurred.”

    No one has been charged with the April 16 attack on PG&E Corp.’s PCG Metcalf transmission substation, which suffered almost a month’s work of damage, according to the Wall Street Journal.

    For almost 20 minutes, the snipers took out the grid before disappearing into the darkness.


    Read more: Snipers' attack on Silicon Valley power stations a 'preparation for an act of war' - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter


    I heard about this a couple of days ago but didn't remember seeing it here and was unable to find in search.

    Shouldn't we have known about this sooner??

  2. #2
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war

    BTW: This happen 2 days after the Boston bombing so, I wonder if the authorities thought they were connected?

  3. #3
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    A group of individuals with sniper rifles disabled 17 giant transformers in Silicon Valley in April — an attack labeled as “the most significant incident of domestic terrorism involving the grid that has ever occurred.”

    No one has been charged with the April 16 attack on PG&E Corp.’s PCG Metcalf transmission substation, which suffered almost a month’s work of damage, according to the Wall Street Journal.

    For almost 20 minutes, the snipers took out the grid before disappearing into the darkness.


    Read more: Snipers' attack on Silicon Valley power stations a 'preparation for an act of war' - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter


    I heard about this a couple of days ago but didn't remember seeing it here and was unable to find in search.

    Shouldn't we have known about this sooner??
    The lack of the press knowing or printing this is disturbing. Why did it take 9 months to come out? Certainly whomever was brought in to investigate this by the government - state or federal, knew this wasn't a couple HS kids - this was a coordinated attack. Even now, hardly anyone knows about this and even when they do, it's like "meh". Given the amount of time, the breadth of this attack, that it's being framed as "domestic terrorism" yet the story is amazingly brief, lacking detail, lacks scope or any sort of additional information like, how many snipers? What caliber of bullets and how many were fired over the 20 minutes? Who is investigating this by the FBI, and is there an expectation of more attacks? This is being treated like a fender bender at the local convenience store when in reality, it's a significant and terrifying story.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #4
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The lack of the press knowing or printing this is disturbing. Why did it take 9 months to come out? Certainly whomever was brought in to investigate this by the government - state or federal, knew this wasn't a couple HS kids - this was a coordinated attack. Even now, hardly anyone knows about this and even when they do, it's like "meh". Given the amount of time, the breadth of this attack, that it's being framed as "domestic terrorism" yet the story is amazingly brief, lacking detail, lacks scope or any sort of additional information like, how many snipers? What caliber of bullets and how many were fired over the 20 minutes? Who is investigating this by the FBI, and is there an expectation of more attacks? This is being treated like a fender bender at the local convenience store when in reality, it's a significant and terrifying story.
    This was way too easy to do.

    We had a buzzard sit atop a brand new power pole, spread it's wings and catch on fire, knocking out power for blocks around. Not sure a lot of thought went into that design.

    Our infrastructure is wide open to attack.

  5. #5
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    This was way too easy to do.

    We had a buzzard sit atop a brand new power pole, spread it's wings and catch on fire, knocking out power for blocks around. Not sure a lot of thought went into that design.

    Our infrastructure is wide open to attack.
    Power grid, water supply, food supply... a biological attack - this winter we're seeing all these outbreaks on cruise ships of sickness, the latest one in a NY resort which had to be closed down. What do you think would happen with a biological attack at a major airport say, Hartsfield, or O'Hara, or Laguardia. The contaigen would spread all over the country which is why there have been so many horror / thriller / zombie movies made. Lastly, we're 100% unprepared for any of it.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #6
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Power grid, water supply, food supply... a biological attack - this winter we're seeing all these outbreaks on cruise ships of sickness, the latest one in a NY resort which had to be closed down. What do you think would happen with a biological attack at a major airport say, Hartsfield, or O'Hara, or Laguardia. The contagion would spread all over the country which is why there have been so many horror / thriller / zombie movies made. Lastly, we're 100% unprepared for any of it.
    And I thought you weren't a gloom and doom kind of a guy?? LOL!

    I completely agree.

    The power grid going down alone would have a deep psychological affect on everyone who is addicted to their smart phones.

  7. #7
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war

    I would imagine that details have been slow to come because the feds locked that crime scene down tight. Would not be surprised if there was some ... convincing journalistic outlets to keep the story quiet.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #8
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    And I thought you weren't a gloom and doom kind of a guy?? LOL!
    Ultimately I'm a realist, but I'm very curious why this was apparently kept under wraps. Too bad no one is asking that question and the skill of investigative reporting is extinct.


    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The power grid going down alone would have a deep psychological affect on everyone who is addicted to their smart phones.
    Well, they have those solar powered chargers and battery operated chargers. What will really pinch the conically addicted to mobile devices is if their data service is interrupted. Maybe THEN outrage would force some sort of response by those investigating it - otherwise I'm afraid it's a ho-hum affair.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,765

    Re: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war

    Thank you for printing this here. I would like to know much more about this.

    as an aside, after 911 and all the attention to air travel and security, it amazed me that low tech terrorism would be much much more difficult to fight and stop and the damage could be far more devastating and widespread. Imagine what five pairs of terrorist could do with a moderate supply of gasoline and matches in our national park system some summer. You could literally burn them to the ground especially if you coordinated many attacks at once. There has to be other easy targets like that also and perhaps this story about the power grid is one such example.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #10
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,068
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Snipers’ attack on Silicon Valley power stations a ‘preparation for an act of war

    after 9/11 the U.S. government saw it as an opportunity to spy on the American people and expand its ability to track it's own citizens. I pretty much gave up on expecting the government to actually do anything meaningful about terrorism.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •