Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 450

Thread: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

  1. #401
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Greetings. As you rightly noted, it's not the thread for a racism discussion, but I doubt a country with an African American POTUS presents entrenched racism at every level of society.
    For another time, Jack.

    Sorry, Jack. I inadvertently quoted your earlier post again.
    Last edited by NoC_T; 02-09-14 at 09:39 PM.

  2. #402
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    from the article:

    Espinosa insists that he coerced her, psychologically and physically, into having sex against her will for most of their three-year relationship. She resisted, told him no, pushed him away.

    reference the DOJ definition of rape from my earlier post.

    People are turning this into a battle between him and her. I haven't taken a side. I am defending her right to speak up and heard and not immediately dismissed. I find the ease and the immediacy with which she was dismissed here disturbing
    I wouldn't think that a woman who had been raped would be willing to tell the whole world about it, especially since she said she had been with him for three years, so I am curious about her reasons here, whether it occurred or not. We have heard about several "rape" stories recently, that turned out to be completely untrue, but very damaging to those accused until the truth emerged, so I'm willing to wait and see what happens with this one.

    Greetings, Opendebate.

  3. #403
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,189

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Apparently I was raped once. Didn't know it at the time...

    Went out with a gal. Took about 15 min to decide "oh HELL no, she crazy". Made mental note: do not get drunk, do not sleep with crazy bitch.

    She bought me drinks and swapped them out behind my back when they got low. I got drunk. Close to off-my-ass drunk.

    Took her home. Remembered mental note "do not sleep with crazy bitch". Tried to leave. She literally glommed onto me and tried to physically prevent me from leaving. Managed to make me fall down. Climbed on for the ride. I was drunk enough that my resolve to not sleep with crazy bitch got hazy, and "when in Rome, make out with a Roman" took over.

    Well she had her way with me while I was too drunk to really give informed consent.

    I guess I should go file charges, never mind its been 20 years, it was rape dammit! Well at least by modern standards, back in the day I'd of been laughed out of court...


    The world turns I suppose...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #404
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Actually I haven't been able to find this fellow's name, much less any kind of an official report on what happened.
    Are you not looking on Facebook? Check her friends.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Ending rape on campus
    Student-led activists movement fights to end rape on campus - CNN.com

    Well. I don't know exactly how this makes me feel. I read through the entire article and it is nice to see action. There is a problem and something needs to be done. For that I am happy.

    But one of those incidents does not fit in with the rest. Espinosa's. I don't understand how that is rape? Maybe I misread it. But it just struck me somewhere as...odd. And. Maybe. A little bit off. Everyone else can someone explain that to me?
    So going after the school is going to help?
    Concealed carry will help.

  6. #406
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    So going after the school is going to help?
    Concealed carry will help.
    I am pro campus carry, but I think there is more than the to the issue. Obviously it would help if college was not a drunken slob fest. But I know that many organizations have formed that give a way for women to go to parties with friends and such.

    Honestly...one death sentence for some college puke who date rapes might change the tune a little. But such statements are only a dream even in a world where one could PROVE that someone did such an action.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #407
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I am pro campus carry, but I think there is more than the to the issue. Obviously it would help if college was not a drunken slob fest. But I know that many organizations have formed that give a way for women to go to parties with friends and such.

    Honestly...one death sentence for some college puke who date rapes might change the tune a little. But such statements are only a dream even in a world where one could PROVE that someone did such an action.
    I agree with everything you just said, and if every lawyer that went after these schools instead put their effort into making up such "groups" it would probably do more good. Im sick of the finger always being pointed at someone else. These are college kids, they should be smart enough to figure this out.

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Apparently I was raped once. Didn't know it at the time...

    Went out with a gal. Took about 15 min to decide "oh HELL no, she crazy". Made mental note: do not get drunk, do not sleep with crazy bitch.

    She bought me drinks and swapped them out behind my back when they got low. I got drunk. Close to off-my-ass drunk.

    Took her home. Remembered mental note "do not sleep with crazy bitch". Tried to leave. She literally glommed onto me and tried to physically prevent me from leaving. Managed to make me fall down. Climbed on for the ride. I was drunk enough that my resolve to not sleep with crazy bitch got hazy, and "when in Rome, make out with a Roman" took over.

    Well she had her way with me while I was too drunk to really give informed consent.

    I guess I should go file charges, never mind its been 20 years, it was rape dammit! Well at least by modern standards, back in the day I'd of been laughed out of court...


    The world turns I suppose...
    You should sue the bar and whomever made the liquor you were drinking...and the architect of the building.

  9. #409
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    The schools where I live have Co-ed dormitories, though same sex (at least in theory) floors. The whole sexually liberated concept is only fuel for date rape or acquantiance (sp) rape situations.

    Though these forms of rape will occur with same sex dorms, the amount of opportunities sky rockets if men have constant access to women's rooms.


    This is especially so as the women dont even have total control of their room: (Gee, why are you in my room? Because your roomate gave me permission and its her room to- Now, scoot over and have a drink...)
    Meh, we had the same thing, same co-ed set up, when I was in college and there wasnt much, if any, rape. Some women reported...to friends...regrets from drunken exploits the night before but not rape.

    What you described (part that I split out) never happened that I'm aware of....seems far-fetched to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #410
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You must be kidding. She specifically said she was not forced into sex. Unless she is mentally deficient, then no this is not rape. Emotional manipulation does not equal rape anyway. That is utterly ridiculous.
    Sounds more like a domestic abuse situation to me, not rape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •