Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 450

Thread: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    How do I know if you're a woman? Because you say so? Because of your gender icon?
    Hey, just because you have no valid argument, don't try to make this personal. Stick with the topic, and it is NOT me.

  2. #262
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Thanx for proving my point

  3. #263
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    The article stated that she was psychologically and physically coerced.

    Abusive people, such as the mentioned boyfriend, are masters of emotional manipulation. They use threats of violence, abandonment, etc to coerce people into sex.

    As for physical, he could have made it so she couldn't say no. Sometimes its really not as easy to say no.
    Perhaps you can share your sources. if we are reading fromt he same article there is no way you can even BEGIN to make the claim about "abusive people, such as her boyfriend."

    Theres a whole lot of projecting going on...

  4. #264
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Why would she want to reveal that when she knows she would have to deal with attitudes like yours?
    you mean an attitude asking her to explain her seemingly contradictory words? That isn't an unreasonable level of scrutiny

  5. #265
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Ending Rape On Campus[W 228] Last time: no more personal attacks, no more baiting.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #266
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    You are out of your mind if you think I am going to divulge ANY info about that. You have not established any credibility, let alone trust, on the matter of rape and sexual assault.
    nothing requires you to divulge anyone's personal details while giving a general account of it ...

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Well, since no one can come up with a form of "physical coercion" that doesn't involve holding a person down, threatening a person, drugging a person, or violence, then the only kind of physical coercion I can think of would be sexual touching.

    Now, there is a segment of feminists out there who DO believe that once they say "no" that word is final and if a man so much as lays a HAND on her after that, she might consider that rape or attempted rape. THAT is a very extremist and rigid point of view though IMO, and I personally don't consider trying to coax your girlfriend into having sex as rape at all.

  8. #268
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Sure, people get their **** confused... in the immediate aftermath of a traumatic incident.

    This is, apparently, YEARS later, and she's saying something that doesn't make sense to me.
    Again, it depends on where you are in the recovery process, and that's not something you can put on a schedule. People recover from trauma in their own way at their own pace, with as little or as much help as they can tolerate. It's not so cut and dried.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I was wondering if anybody could explain it. Apparently the answer to that is no.
    That's why I've been looking for details -- not so much because it's a confusing story but because it's light on information. Also, it might be a good idea to keep in mind that the portion of her story we're most hotly contesting wasn't a direct quote, maybe that's the ultimate source of the misunderstanding.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #269
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, since no one can come up with a form of "physical coercion" that doesn't involve holding a person down, threatening a person, drugging a person, or violence, then the only kind of physical coercion I can think of would be sexual touching.

    Now, there is a segment of feminists out there who DO believe that once they say "no" that word is final and if a man so much as lays a HAND on her after that, she might consider that rape or attempted rape. THAT is a very extremist and rigid point of view though IMO, and I personally don't consider trying to coax your girlfriend into having sex as rape at all.
    You are correct. That same segment would consider reasonable positions such as yours to be that of a rape apologist.

    I have yet to hear of a court case in the last 50 years where rape was defended in such a fashion as claiming the victim inticed the criminal or did not resist enough. On the other hand many people raise very reasonable considerations and criticisms as you are doing here and of course you are called an apologist.

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    There is no double standard ... I and all men I know readily admit each are as 'slutty' as any woman could ever achieve.... I might suggest 'slutty-er' than any woman but that might sound as if I am a sexist promoting male superiority of accomplishment over equality.

    It's a strange life, indeed

    Thom Paine
    I don't recall a nation wide campaign to label a particular man as a slut or making fun of his appearance because he advocated for more access to contraceptives.

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •