Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 450

Thread: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

  1. #251
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    This post is an example of one of the major causes of the problem-the double standard and slut shaming.



    There is no double standard ... I and all men I know readily admit each are as 'slutty' as any woman could ever achieve.... I might suggest 'slutty-er' than any woman but that might sound as if I am a sexist promoting male superiority of accomplishment over equality.

    It's a strange life, indeed

    Thom Paine

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    You are a woman, right?
    Not that it's any of your business, but yes I am. An adult woman who KNOWS that I could not be coerced into sex unless there was some degree of force/threat involved.

  3. #253
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,712
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You are implying that you have a "right" to sex once someone has done it with you. You never have a "right" to sex. If only one person consents, it doesn't matter how many times you've done it already, it's rape.
    I quite agree. At what point does she have a responsibility to end a relationship that includes coercion?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #254
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Ahh, finally some additional voices of reason are starting to show up and call out the blatant misogyny on this thread.
    There has been no misogony on this thread but blatent masandry abounds.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,704

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Been married 45 years, thank you. And no, I did not condone rape, so knock off the phony PC police routine. Once is certainly rape. Twice might be rape. If she stays in the relationship after that she really can't claim that.
    Hey, you should offer that as a defense against the next school shooting. One kid? Yeah, that was murder. The second one? Maybe. If the kids didn't get out of the school after they heard the first shots fired, then they weren't really murdered, they were asking for it.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #256
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,704

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Not that it's any of your business, but yes I am. An adult woman who KNOWS that I could not be coerced into sex unless there was some degree of force/threat involved.
    How do I know if you're a woman? Because you say so? Because of your gender icon?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #257
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,712
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Hey, you should offer that as a defense against the next school shooting. One kid? Yeah, that was murder. The second one? Maybe. If the kids didn't get out of the school after they heard the first shots fired, then they weren't really murdered, they were asking for it.
    False analogy. Juvenile, actually.

    An adult takes responsibility for his/her choices.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    To be clear, because the typical tactic is to try to villanize those who disagree with a lot of "posters" here, I want to say that I have nothing but sympathy for any rape victims. One of my best friends was sexually molested when she was only 12 years old by her mother's boyfriend, and I have been her shoulder and her ear for YEARS.

    I also feel for those who are involved in an abusive relationship and can't find the confidence and support to escape. It's sad that some people are able to take advantage of other people in that way and it's sad that they would do that to another person, but that is not "rape." If she was not held down or forced in some manner after saying no, beaten in some manner or threatened in some way, then she did willingly consent to have sex with the person. Maybe it's not what she really wanted to do, but that doesn't change the fact that she did it, and it doesn't make the other person a "rapist" either.

  9. #259
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    My point is, you don't know the details of what she is calling psychological and physical coercion. So why dismiss her claims so easily?
    Because she ( and others here ) are pursueing an agenda and that agenda is based partly on believing any such accusations without credible details.

    The fact is her accusation is serious but her support for the accusation is not.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,704

    Re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    There has been no misogony on this thread but blatent masandry abounds.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •