Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 450

Thread: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

  1. #201
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh so if you say "no" but lie there spread eagle naked on the bed in front of your boyfriend, and he starts touching you and trying to get you in the mood, is that rape in your opinion?
    Are you claiming that's what happened?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  2. #202
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You are just wrong. She herself says she was not forced nor threatened, nor was she drugged (that would be an easy conviction). Therefore, she had consensual sex and is bitter and probably a little loopy to begin with.
    I honestly don't know whether you've been trolling me all this time. Seriously, as a woman, I have no idea how you can say the things that you've said. If I were to meet you out in public somewhere, slip a drug into your drink while you weren't looking, and take you home and have sex with you while you were unconscious, then by your logic, that would not be rape. Since it's not rape, you'd probably enjoy it. But even if it were a legitimate rape, then you wouldn't have to worry about getting pregnant. Besides, you were probably asking for it anyway.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  3. #203
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    The definition of rape depends on the presence of consent. This entire debate comes down to consent. You need to know what consent is before you can proceed.


    I will not be lectured as if I were ignorant thank you. I know perfectly well what informed consent is. That isn't even under question.

    The question is this one person making contradictory statements about physical coercion that do not make sense in context.

    I have not asserted that she is lying, nor have I asserted that she was not raped. I have simply asked how in the hell can there be PHYSICAL coercion as she claimed, when she also asserted he did not pin her or threaten violence (or presumably USE violence), yet asserts there was physical coercion.

    I'm asking for a phrase that she used in a self-contradictory way to be resolved and explained.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #204
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    That happens all the time. Survivors of domestic violence, whether sexual assault is involved or not, often feel trapped and helpless. And police typically give them markedly less attention than they deserve.
    This is simply a falsehood.

    The police give them more than adequate attention in fact they are required to make an arrest even if in doubt, the problem is the police are well aware of the dangers of false accusations and what can happen to a person who is fraudulently accused. Therefore the authorities have to have evidence which will allow formal charges and a trial.
    Examples of domestic violence accusations which are one persons word against anothers are enormolus and yet they still end up in court where a judge or jury must decide based on NO evidence who is telling the truth. Such a situation is a disgrace to a nation founded on ideals such as innocent until proven guilty and this situation is heavily biased against men which is one more piece of evidence that the patriarchal theory is a myth.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Are you claiming that's what happened?
    Well that's a form of "physical coercion" that doesn't involve violence or threats - and it is the only form of "physical coercion" I can think of that wouldn't involve some type of violence, pinning down or threatening.

  6. #206
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    It's hard to get your **** straight when you've been sufficiently traumatized. Depending on the severity of your experience and where you are in the recovery process, sometimes you don't even know where you are or who you're talking to.

    I'm not saying I automatically believe her because she said it, I'm just not automatically disregarding her for the same reason the university didn't automatically punish the man she accused.

    Sure, people get their **** confused... in the immediate aftermath of a traumatic incident.

    This is, apparently, YEARS later, and she's saying something that doesn't make sense to me.

    I was wondering if anybody could explain it. Apparently the answer to that is no.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #207
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,707

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh so if you say "no" but lie there spread eagle naked on the bed in front of your boyfriend, and he starts touching you and trying to get you in the mood, is that rape in your opinion?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I honestly don't know whether you've been trolling me all this time. Seriously, as a woman, I have no idea how you can say the things that you've said. If I were to meet you out in public somewhere, slip a drug into your drink while you weren't looking, and take you home and have sex with you while you were unconscious, then by your logic, that would not be rape. Since it's not rape, you'd probably enjoy it. But even if it were a legitimate rape, then you wouldn't have to worry about getting pregnant. Besides, you were probably asking for it anyway.
    She was not drugged obviously. You are using strawmen. I am going by her own words and description of the situation, in which she clearly states that she was not pinned down or threatened in any way, yet was "physically coerced."

    Please give us some examples of this type of "physical coercion" when it involves an adult female of legal age to consent.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I'm not saying it was her fault. I'm saying that it doesn't sound as if she raped but rather had consensual sex with a guy that she now thinks is an ass and wants to call it rape.

  10. #210
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well that's a form of "physical coercion" that doesn't involve violence or threats - and it is the only form of "physical coercion" I can think of that wouldn't involve some type of violence, pinning down or threatening.
    Your response indicates that you are speculating. You don't think that "maybe" the information at hand warrants postponing the dismissal of her claims every bit as much as it warrants jumping to condemning the man she is accusing?
    Last edited by opendebate; 02-09-14 at 04:28 PM.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •