Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 450

Thread: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    BS. If you had to take a day off from work because of personal issues, shouldn't your boss have a right to know exactly what those personal issues are? Why would you keep your boss in the dark?
    She is accusing someone of a SERIOUS CRIME! Yet states she was never forced to have sex!!!

  2. #112
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,731

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No, you are wrong. Coercion (unless blackmail or death threats) is NOT rape. It is insulting to actual rape victims to claim that this is rape. She stayed with this man for 3 years of her own will. She had a BAD relationship, not rape.
    Ah yes, the old "they were in a relationship, so it couldn't have been rape" lie. Tell that to two of the rape survivors I personally know that were raped by their significant other.

    Furthermore, I seriously question whether you understand what "informed consent" means. By your definition, date rape drugs don't count.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  3. #113
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    How would you be "physically" coerced into sex if it is not forced? Please list some examples because it sounds like a contradiction of terms IMO.
    She didn't say she wasn't forced.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,731

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    She is accusing someone of a SERIOUS CRIME! Yet states she was never forced to have sex!!!
    Did you even read the article, Chris? As in, the second paragraph, where she clearly claims to have been coerced into sex?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  5. #115
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,731

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Taking a day off from work and publicly talking about being raped are two very different things.
    Oh really? That's it, huh? So you get the right to privacy, but a rape survivor doesn't? That's a cute little trick right there.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #116
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    You would be wise to read up on rape myths before continuing to make such categorically false statements.

    "Only two percent of reported rape and related sex offences are false (which is approximately the same rate of false reports for other crimes). Although many cases are dropped because of insufficient evidence for conviction, this should not be confused with false reporting."

    I've seen the estimated percentage of false rape allegations vary a bit, but I have never seen a reliable source place it anywhere outside the single digits. Really, all the rape myths exist to maintain a patriarchal system of power over women, not to discern the truth.
    No it is you needing education and reading up on myths and it is you stating categorically false claims.

    Youyr source is not backed up by empirical evidence or scientific evidence it is merely a university website with no supporting evidence. Some of the rape myths published on your source are quite true but they are well known to be true. In other words what your source claims to be myth has never been myth such as the claim of myth that a man cannot rape his wife. Of course a man can rape his wife and that is nothing new. Rape is rape whether in or out of marriage.

    The source shows no evidence whatsoever to supprot the outrageous and easily proven false claim that 2% of reported rape claims are false. It is a typical feminist lie which cannot be supported.

    You ignore any reliable source which places the percentage of false rape accusations outside the single digits because they are common and ruin your perception. After all if you faced the fact that false accusations are common it would ruin the myth you believe in which is a patriarchal system.

  7. #117
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Oh really? That's it, huh? So you get the right to privacy, but a rape survivor doesn't? That's a cute little trick right there.
    Let's compare apples to apples. If I publicly addressed a group of people about how I asked my boss for a personal day and he refused, it's reasonable for me to be asked why I asked for the personal day or how I asked for it. You can't go public about something and then claim a right to privacy on that very same something.

    Now, if she'd gone public about being refused a personal day and then someone demanded to know the details of her rape, that would be inappropriate.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #118
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    What content?
    You made a blanket statement about people questioning allegations of rape and sexual assault in your first reply in this thread. In response to this, I pointed out that only one accusation of rape was being questioned here, and it's the one that has very questionable characteristics surrounding it.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Ah yes, the old "they were in a relationship, so it couldn't have been rape" lie. Tell that to two of the rape survivors I personally know that were raped by their significant other.

    Furthermore, I seriously question whether you understand what "informed consent" means. By your definition, date rape drugs don't count.
    She was an adult!!! She said she was never forced, and using date rape drugs would be force, as would blackmail or any other such situation. I'm still waiting for an adequate explanation of how one can be raped when they weren't forced into it.

  10. #120
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    She was an adult!!! She said she was never forced, and using date rape drugs would be force, as would blackmail or any other such situation. I'm still waiting for an adequate explanation of how one can be raped when they weren't forced into it.
    Physical coercion is force. She said she was physically coerced, ergo she said she was forced.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •