Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 450

Thread: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

  1. #101
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    It is none of our damn business how the alleged coercion occurred. That is an extremely personal and upsetting chapter in her life, and she has the absolute right to keep that information private.
    Given how public she's been on the subject of rape, even participating in symposiums on the subject, I think it's reasonable to ask for the details of her own violation. If she doesn't want to be asked questions, she shouldn't put herself out there.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Few things in life as ironic as a woman justifying rape.

    It is none of our damn business how the alleged coercion occurred. That is an extremely personal and upsetting chapter in her life, and she has the absolute right to keep that information private. If you had problems in your sex life--and unless rape was involved, then I can assure you, you are almost certainly going through nothing anywhere nearly as traumatic--shouldn't we know the details? Shouldn't we be allowed to judge for ourselves whether your positions, technique, body weight, shaving habits, and all sorts of other intimate details about you? Or would that feel like a gross intrusion of your privacy, not to mention horribly creepy? Guess what: Many rape survivors that I have talked to have expressed the exact same sentiment about having the particulars of that horrible night, or nights, or days, discussed. Why should you get a pass when she does not?



    Our society has finally gotten serious about the epidemic of pedophilia--almost paranoid at times, I say. But when it comes to rape of teenage and grown women, society remains remarkably silent. Your sentiment accurately reflects this.
    No, you are wrong. Coercion (unless blackmail or death threats) is NOT rape. It is insulting to actual rape victims to claim that this is rape. She stayed with this man for 3 years of her own will. She had a BAD relationship, not rape.

  3. #103
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Did he force her to stay against her will? Was she an adult at the time?

    She was with him for THREE years!!! I'm assuming she wasn't being held prisoner because if that had been the case, surely charges would have been filed. She has to take responsibility for her bad relationship decisions.
    Heh, it's like you totally skipped pas the part where I posted information from a reputable source about people who stay in abusive relationships.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Heh, it's like you totally skipped pas the part where I posted information from a reputable source about people who stay in abusive relationships.
    That is not rape. Those are abusive relationships. She herself says she was NOT forced. I've been saying all along that it sounds like a "bad" relationship, perhaps even abusive, but THAT is not rape, and she stayed for 3 years, and while I have sympathy for them because I know about psychological damage from such things, it is still not the equivalent of actual rape.

    Her story doesn't jive anyway. On the one hand, she says that she was NEVER forced to have sex with him, and then she goes on to say that there was "physical coercion." Well? WTH is she talking about?

  5. #105
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,770

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    They are given the same defference IF there is proof that the crime took place.

    Notice the specific types of crimes you named in comparison. Arson, robbery, burglary, all of these crimes are difficult to fake. One cannot accuse someone of commiting arson unless someones property has been set fire to and burned down. You might burn your own property and blame someone else but the crime still happened and is undeniable. The same basic truth applies to robbery and burglary. It is hard to accuse somone of stealing something which has not been stolen. Some people for example hide their own property and attempt to report it stolen while making an insurance claim. In general the authorities are very good at solving those crimes and such people tend to get charged with insurance fraud because they usually do not want to completely get rid of the property they report stolen and so they get caught.

    Rape in contrast is most often one persons word against anothers ( assault or domestic violence fits the same description ) especially because no rape test kit is completed in over half of all accusations of rape. Therefore it is simple easier to lie and falsely accuse people of this crime.
    You would be wise to read up on rape myths before continuing to make such categorically false statements.

    "Only two percent of reported rape and related sex offences are false (which is approximately the same rate of false reports for other crimes). Although many cases are dropped because of insufficient evidence for conviction, this should not be confused with false reporting."

    I've seen the estimated percentage of false rape allegations vary a bit, but I have never seen a reliable source place it anywhere outside the single digits. Really, all the rape myths exist to maintain a patriarchal system of power over women, not to discern the truth.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #106
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,770

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    If you want to avoid addressing the content of my posts
    What content?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #107
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is not rape. Those are abusive relationships.
    The point was to illustrate how adults remain in bad situations.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    She herself says she was NOT forced.
    That's not what she said. She said she was physically coerced.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,770

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Given how public she's been on the subject of rape, even participating in symposiums on the subject, I think it's reasonable to ask for the details of her own violation. If she doesn't want to be asked questions, she shouldn't put herself out there.
    BS. If you had to take a day off from work because of personal issues, shouldn't your boss have a right to know exactly what those personal issues are? Why would you keep your boss in the dark?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  9. #109
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    BS. If you had to take a day off from work because of personal issues, shouldn't your boss have a right to know exactly what those personal issues are? Why would you keep your boss in the dark?
    Taking a day off from work and publicly talking about being raped are two very different things.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Ending Rape On Campus[W 228]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    The point was to illustrate how adults remain in bad situations.



    That's not what she said. She said she was physically coerced.
    How would you be "physically" coerced into sex if it is not forced? Please list some examples because it sounds like a contradiction of terms IMO.

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •