Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 896

Thread: Iran sending warships close to US borders[W:623]

  1. #811
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Iran hated us LONG before the Afghanistan/Iraq wars. Are you for real?
    Jesus Christ girl, do you read much? I told you already that Iran has hated us at least since we facilitated the overthrow of their government in 1953. You have no historical knowledge of this subject, talking to you is wasting my time!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #812
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Jesus Christ girl, do you read much? I told you already that Iran has hated us at least since we facilitated the overthrow of their government in 1953. You have no historical knowledge of this subject, talking to you is wasting my time!!
    You were talking about the drone strikes. Don't try to back pedal now because you were wrong. We weren't using drones in the 1950s.

  3. #813
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    we don't have to be "friends" -what good does it do to keep them as strategic enemies? Saudi Arabia (our so called "friend") also hangs drug dealers -they are a FUNDAMENATALIST religious country.
    Yet we have a strategic partnership with them.

    You know what detente' is right? If it was good enough for the USSR , it's good enough for Iran. I don't trust them not to get nukes either (hiding centrifuges) ; but I don't really care.
    Nuclear proliferation is going to happen -Saudi Arabia is looking for new partners, no reason they can't buy nukes from Pakistan ( the biggest proliferator).

    Nukes aren't that big a deal; it's the one weapon that cannot be used. By marginalyzing Iran; it sets up tensions for no reason.
    we have the 6th fleet there - they know they cannot use any strategic weapons - they are training foreign jihadists for Syria.

    If we are ever going to 'solve Syria" we have to be able to talk. Talk is always better then cold wars.
    Yes, and Obama tried this tactic, and it failed. I'm quite sure he isn't the only one who has tried to negotiate with the insane regime and failed, therefore resorting to "bully" tactics.

  4. #814
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, and Obama tried this tactic, and it failed. I'm quite sure he isn't the only one who has tried to negotiate with the insane regime and failed, therefore resorting to "bully" tactics.
    it hasn't "failed". Talks are in an interim agreement - supposed to pick up again. Not going to go over this continually with you; what bully tactics do you want? I respect your opinion.

  5. #815
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Personally I don't defend Iran's human rights record. I'm critical of US menacing foreign policy with them. Funny how so many are dismissive of our toppling of their government in 1953. It's absolutely no wonder that Iran hates us.
    Nonsense. The US has a responsibility to the world, or at least so we are told whenever the world gets itself into trouble....You opine that the US is a bully because we try and keep the world from annihilating itself in skirmishes over trivialities that bring centuries long wars, cold, or hot, to modern catastrophes.

    We are damned if we do, and damned if we don't....We have tried both....But when the chips are down the overwhelming cry of the world is "where is the US?" So spare me the self loathing, or self guilt over being born in the greatest country on the face of the earth, with the strongest military ever seen since the Roman empire, that is not used for conquest.

    Get with the program here, because the voices that are tearing down, or eroding the authority of America to remain as the preeminent force for peace, and good in the world, are the same voices that turn a blind eye as Assad kills hundreds of thousands, the same that refuses to lift a finger as millions die in Rwanda by the machetes blade, and the same voice that choose the naive path of considering every despot in the world as equal in moral authority, when that despot would kill you first, after your defense of them achieved their dominance.

    Neville Chamberlain was not wrong in the 30s because he wanted peace in our time, he was wrong because in his aspiration of that peace he refused to see his adversary for who they were. And that type of miscalculation of others lives on in today's liberal.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #816
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You don't know anything about the drone program, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    it hasn't "failed". Talks are in an interim agreement - supposed to pick up again. Not going to go over this continually with you; what bully tactics do you want? I respect your opinion.
    When I say "bully tactics," I am referring to what others call it. I don't consider sanctions to be bullying Iran but to be a necessary reaction to their actions and threats. They cannot get away with constantly threatening the economic welfare (and the welfare in general) of the international community. They just cannot. The onus is on them to learn how to cooperate with everyone else, not the other way around.

    I mean, if they want to hold a grudge forever, then so be it, although that scenario really doesn't make sense either since our alleged meddling resulted is the reason why the current leadership is in control of Iran. According to some, we pull all the strings, so why would the leadership hate us?

    In this world, we have to watch out for our own best interests to survive as a country. We support Israel and NOT Iran because it benefits us to do so obviously.

    Of all the things Iran does to PROVE it is run by irrational leaders, I don't know what you would expect from anyone. Like I keep saying, you cannot negotiate with insanity. It's like trying to reason with a drunk!! Then, you are left with few options, but these kinds of threats cannot just go ignored.

  7. #817
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,044
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    It's remarkable for anyone to consider Iran a belligerent when Saudi Arabia is in the region. Heck, Pakistan is a bigger antagonist than Iran and they're a nuclear power.

    chrisL needs to brush up on her geopolitics because she is way off. Probably has some connection to Defense contractors.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  8. #818
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Well, the one thing we KNOW, is that they aren't being repaired by democrats.
    They won't be repaired by partisans of either stripe, as their objective is to get as much power to their party as possible, and not to fix anything that needs fixing.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #819
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    It's remarkable for anyone to consider Iran a belligerent when Saudi Arabia is in the region. Heck, Pakistan is a bigger antagonist than Iran and they're a nuclear power.

    chrisL needs to brush up on her geopolitics because she is way off. Probably has some connection to Defense contractors.
    Oh, a straw man. Belligerent Saudi Arabia or Pakistan is not the topic of the thread. This thread is about IRAN and their belligerence.

  10. #820
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    They won't be repaired by partisans of either stripe, as their objective is to get as much power to their party as possible, and not to fix anything that needs fixing.
    Totally agree. The partisans are not interested in fixing problems but only in gaining voters and power. There has to be a happy medium between kissing their arses and going to war.

Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •