Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 896

Thread: Iran sending warships close to US borders[W:623]

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Point being that when you interfere with and provoke nations, they may be inclined to attack you, and that is preventable.
    Only to a leftist is ww2 the US's fault.

  2. #762
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders[W:623]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Because it's impossible to prove a negative. That's why the burden of proof belongs on the claim and not the negative.

    For example: One cannot prove unicorns don't exist. The burden of proof is on the claim that they do.


    This simple logic and reason is the basis of the scientific method and our justice system.
    Right, so you're not going to provide any evidence to back up your claim.

    Thought so.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  3. #763
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders[W:623]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Right, so you're not going to provide any evidence to back up your claim.

    Thought so.

    Wow


    .

  4. #764
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders[W:623]

    This is an interesting piece of history on the Iranian frigate headed our way: Iran Warship Heading to Atlantic Barely Survived Earlier Tangle With U.S. Navy | CNS News

  5. #765
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Point being that when you interfere with and provoke nations, they may be inclined to attack you, and that is preventable.
    Oh really? Well since you seem to be an expert at foreign relations, why don't you tell us how we should go about establishing "relations" with a country like Iran, and give details please.

    What? Are you going to say to just "leave them alone?" Well that's just not feasible in our "global" community, now is it?

  6. #766
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,044
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Iran destabilized the ME, disrupted commerce to the world, and funds or supplies more of the worlds terrorists than anyone else.
    No you're thinking of Saudi Arabia. Thanks to their oil they can do these things and still be our very best friends. Most of the hi-jackers from 9-11 came from there.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  7. #767
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Only to a leftist is ww2 the US's fault.
    That's stupid, that we were involved in it is our fault. I never said the entire war was our fault. Germany and Japan were making war, not on the US, but FDR's interest in involvement led to provocations to both countries, Germany never took the bait, Japan did.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #768
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh really? Well since you seem to be an expert at foreign relations, why don't you tell us how we should go about establishing "relations" with a country like Iran, and give details please.

    What? Are you going to say to just "leave them alone?" Well that's just not feasible in our "global" community, now is it?
    No, I suppose that in our global community we need to be menacing Iran. I think its funny how easily people excuse the US doing all manner of things to countries that we would never tolerate ourselves.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #769
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, I suppose that in our global community we need to be menacing Iran. I think its funny how easily people excuse the US doing all manner of things to countries that we would never tolerate ourselves.
    Um, sorry, but it is Iran who does the menacing of everyone else on the planet. They are constantly making threats to close down the canal, which is of the utmost importance to a lot of other countries in the world and keeping that canal open is imperative to the economic well-being of at least SEVERAL countries. Iran is a thorn in the side of many different countries. Don't know why that's hard to see. It's pretty clear.

    No, Iran cannot throw temper tantrums and do these things which effect the rest of the world. Sorry, but whatever they're still "mad" about is just not as important.

  10. #770
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Um, sorry, but it is Iran who does the menacing of everyone else on the planet. They are constantly making threats to close down the canal, which is of the utmost importance to a lot of other countries in the world and keeping that canal open is imperative to the economic well-being of at least SEVERAL countries. Iran is a thorn in the side of many different countries. Don't know why that's hard to see. It's pretty clear.

    No, Iran cannot throw temper tantrums and do these things which effect the rest of the world. Sorry, but whatever they're still "mad" about is just not as important.
    I think you mean the Straight of Hormuz
    Strait-of-Hormuz.jpg

    They make some noise, but it is to their economic interest to keep the oil flowing

Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •