Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 896

Thread: Iran sending warships close to US borders[W:623]

  1. #691
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,513
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The left is about diversity of appearance-NOT diversity of ideas.
    For an example, see how they treat conservative blacks or women-they are the subjects of ridicule and scorn for daring to form their own opinions.
    It is curious. I am only recently back at DP and therefore don't know any of you well yet. But those I perceive as leaning more right than left seem to be uniformly curious about why Iran would choose to park a warship off the coast of America. I find the topic very interesting myself and have absolutely no conclusive opinion about it. But find it interesting to discuss.

    Those I perceive as leaning more left than right seem to be uniformly contemptuous of those on the right who are discussing this topic.

    I have a theory about that, but not sure it would be appropriate to express it here.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  2. #692
    User theaterofdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    63

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Only a Libbo would call it murder.
    That is true, liberals do tend to have a greater grasp of the English language

  3. #693
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by theaterofdreams View Post
    That is true, liberals do tend to have a greater grasp of the English language
    Um...yeah...lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #694
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    It is curious. I am only recently back at DP and therefore don't know any of you well yet. But those I perceive as leaning more right than left seem to be uniformly curious about why Iran would choose to park a warship off the coast of America. I find the topic very interesting myself and have absolutely no conclusive opinion about it. But find it interesting to discuss.

    Those I perceive as leaning more left than right seem to be uniformly contemptuous of those on the right who are discussing this topic.

    I have a theory about that, but not sure it would be appropriate to express it here.
    Does everything have to be left/right?? Did Iran say they were parking a ship off our coast?? And if they did, wouldn't we have more "war ships" parked off their coast. Can't understand why the double standard perpetuates.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #695
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,513
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Does everything have to be left/right?? Did Iran say they were parking a ship off our coast?? And if they did, wouldn't we have more "war ships" parked off their coast. Can't understand why the double standard perpetuates.
    No, everything doesn't have to be left/right, but on a message board it usually shakes out that way in discussions like this. I'm just noting what is, not what has to be.

    The coast in the Persian Gulf is shared by numerous countries. The coast off America is shared by just us.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  6. #696
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    I want to apologize to others for minimizing their notions that Iran's boats posed, no threat. After reading this article, I believe I could've been off.

    This ain't good if our gov allows them to knock out, half the eastern seaboard, with a nuclear-EMP. I'm sure our response, would be to turn Iran into a parking lot, which may set off other reactions.

    Iran's surprising decision to move warships off the Atlantic coast poses a potential catastrophic threat to America from a nuclear or electromagnetic pulse attack, according to an expert who foresaw Iran's move.

    Peter Pry, an expert on EMP attacks, said the ships are likely a dry run for a future attack, a maneuver meant to lull Washington into complacency while also embarrassing President Obama and his effort to convince Tehran to give up production of a nuclear bomb in return for a lifting of some economic sanctions.

    “Yes, patrols by the Iranian Navy off our coasts could pose threat of a surprise EMP attack,” said Pry, who with others such as former CIA Director R. James Woolsey, has convinced several state legislatures to take moves to harden their electric and energy grids from EMP attack because Washington won't.

    Pry said the ships are probably conducting a test for a future visit from an Iranian freighter that would launch the attack.

    “I think the Iranian Navy patrols off our coasts may be intended to lull us into complacency, to get the U.S. Navy accustomed to an Iranian naval presence in our hemisphere, so eventually they could contribute to 'Zero Hour' and the great day when the Mullahs decide to drop the nuclear hammer on America,” said Pry, who staffed a former congressional EMP commission.
    Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama | WashingtonExaminer.com
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #697
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,513
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I want to apologize to others for minimizing their notions that Iran's boats posed, no threat. After reading this article, I believe I could've been off.

    This ain't good if our gov allows them to knock out, half the eastern seaboard, with a nuclear-EMP. I'm sure our response, would be to turn Iran into a parking lot, which may set off other reactions.

    Expert: Iran ships a dry run for later nuclear/EMP attack; humiliate Obama | WashingtonExaminer.com
    But again, would they be stupid enough to do that? Unless the motive was to provoke a shooting war? And given the general craziness of islamofacist fanatics, that cannot really be ruled out can it? And would Russia and other Iranian allies stand by with their hands in their pockets while we took out Iran's military and nuclear capability in retaliation?

    Inquiring minds want to know.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  8. #698
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    But again, would they be stupid enough to do that? Unless the motive was to provoke a shooting war? And given the general craziness of islamofacist fanatics, that cannot really be ruled out can it? And would Russia and other Iranian allies stand by with their hands in their pockets while we took out Iran's military and nuclear capability in retaliation?

    Inquiring minds want to know.
    They're not stupid, but they are unpredictable and delusional. If they thought they could anonymously detonate an EMP over our population, without retaliation they might try it. I now think, they're pushing this scenario by plausibility alone, to strengthen their hand in nuke negotiations with the State Department against Israel. Just the threat of an EMP is enough to freak out civilian leadership, because of the enormous financial and economic damage it would cause.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  9. #699
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    No, everything doesn't have to be left/right, but on a message board it usually shakes out that way in discussions like this. I'm just noting what is, not what has to be.

    The coast in the Persian Gulf is shared by numerous countries. The coast off America is shared by just us.
    Point is that conservatives aren't the only ones that are concerned about security. That's an American thing. It's just that not everyone is concerned that Iran is a threat to it or that Iran's pre-mature navy sailing around our shores, is call for alarm, or seen as anything anymore provocative than the US navy lurking about their shores.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #700
    User theaterofdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    63

    Re: Iran sending warships close to US borders

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Um...yeah...lol!
    Case in point

Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •