Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 657

Thread: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

  1. #551
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    And yet some people don't believe governments pander to gays (or sexual preference)?

    This is not an issue governments should be dealing with, North America is going to **** and these clowns are embracing sexuality????

    It really goes to show how ****ing dumb some politicians actually are and what their priorities and agendas are.

    I'm also sure there are plenty of gay people that find flying that flag is in bad taste - considering it has no meaning other than "we support gays" which IMO, is pretty biased as well considering that flag excludes a lot of people and doesn't speak for a nation - just a bunch of delusional politicians that make a living sparking controversy and focusing on social issues rather than real issues such as economy.

    In short I find flying the flag ignorant - it's just as bad as some schools in California flying the Mexican flag above the United States flag.
    We passed same-sex marriage a decade ago and a majority of the population supports it. We are protesting Russia.

  2. #552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It really goes to show how ****ing dumb some politicians actually are and what their priorities and agendas are.
    From news stories I understand that some Canadian politicians have been hitting the pipe. The crack pipe that is.

  3. #553
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    We passed same-sex marriage a decade ago and a majority of the population supports it. We are protesting Russia.
    That's not how you "protest Russia."

    The logical way to protest Russia is by boycotting the Olympics...

    Flying a "rainbow flag" just makes Canada look, passive, stupid and weak.

    As far as I'm concerned flying that rainbow flag pretty much implies that all Canadians are gay or support gay marriage at the minimum, and that is just wrong.

  4. #554
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    From news stories I understand that some Canadian politicians have been hitting the pipe. The crack pipe that is.
    Yes sir, they certainly do love their crack up there in Toronto.

    But I believe this whole gay flag nonsense thing is happening in Quebec - an area of North America where many of it's own Canadian citizens cant even speak English so .... Quebec has always been an arrogant providence - their refusal to learn English is just one example. They think they're better and more sophisticated than everyone else up there. They also don't like the US either.

  5. #555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yes sir, they certainly do love their crack up there in Toronto.

    But I believe this whole gay flag nonsense thing is happening in Quebec - an area of North America where many of it's own Canadian citizens cant even speak English so .... Quebec has always been an arrogant providence - their refusal to learn English is just one example. They think they're better and more sophisticated than everyone else up there. They also don't like the US either.
    The French Canadians are nothing but Canadian frogs.

  6. #556
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yes sir, they certainly do love their crack up there in Toronto.

    But I believe this whole gay flag nonsense thing is happening in Quebec - an area of North America where many of it's own Canadian citizens cant even speak English so .... Quebec has always been an arrogant providence - their refusal to learn English is just one example. They think they're better and more sophisticated than everyone else up there. They also don't like the US either.
    Toronto is doing ti as well against the wishes of Rob Ford. We are a bilingual country as numerous statues and the constitution says, Quebec and part of Ontario and New Brunswick speak French and they have right to. Quebec also has fairly large Anglophone population. In order to understand Quebec you have to know it's history.

  7. #557
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Toronto is doing ti as well against the wishes of Rob Ford. We are a bilingual country Quebec and part of Ontario and New Brunswick speak French and they have right to. Quebec also has fairly large Anglophone population. In order to understand Quebec you have to know it's history.
    I wouldn't exactly call it bilingual considering many don't speak English which is bizarre considering the majority of Canadians speak English and English is their first language.

    I have no problem with them speaking French, however I do find it arrogant how some refuse to learn to speak English.

    What, do they believe they're too good to speak English? or are they just lazy or stupid?

  8. #558
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call it bilingual considering many don't speak English which is bizarre considering the majority of Canadians speak English and English is their first language.

    I have no problem with them speaking French, however I do find it arrogant how some refuse to learn to speak English.

    What, do they believe they're too good to speak English? or are they just lazy or stupid?
    Canada as a country and New Brunswick are officially bilingual. Quebec's official language is French but most government services are available in English, the opposite happens in Ontario my IDs are all in both languages. Most English speakers refuse to learn French. Well Quebeckers don't need to learn English for the same treason the French or English don't, they can get everything they need in their own language. Quebec is trying to teach more English, it was of the goals of the Charest Liberal government.
    Last edited by Carjosse; 02-11-14 at 07:22 PM.

  9. #559
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Also, one question I would love to ask the Canadians posting here is why are Canadians so obsessed with US politics in the first place?

    I know this topic is about Canada er Quebec but I just don't understand why you even care about US politics... Is the political atmosphere in Canada just that boring?

    No offense to any Canadian posting here I just find it baffling...

  10. #560
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Also, one question I would love to ask the Canadians posting here is why are Canadians so obsessed with US politics in the first place?

    I know this topic is about Canada er Quebec but I just don't understand why you even care about US politics... Is the political atmosphere in Canada just that boring?

    No offense to any Canadian posting here I just find it baffling...
    Well actually yes when there is not an election or controversial legislation (kind of rare) it gets rather boring and also the U.S. is just one of the biggest and most influential countries in the world that we happen to be next to and has great influence on our country.

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •