Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 657

Thread: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

  1. #31
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    I agree. The gay community is what, 1.3% of the population? One that "just wants to be equal" but seem to want a whole lot more than 1.3% of the spotlight. It's getting annoying actually. We get it, your gay. Good for you. Now can we get back to everything else?
    How do you take that from my post and how does protesting discrimination or persecution amount to being drama queens?

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    So why don't you just offer the same protections others have and be done with it. The gay population is 3% but probably higher and growing.
    Because it's not my issue. I'm more concerned with things like Constitutional rights and trying to stay ahead of an anti business administration.

  3. #33
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Because it's not my issue. I'm more concerned with things like Constitutional rights and trying to stay ahead of an anti business administration.
    But it is an issue that needs to be solved. Just support passing it then.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    I agree. The gay community is what, 1.3% of the population? One that "just wants to be equal" but seem to want a whole lot more than 1.3% of the spotlight. It's getting annoying actually. We get it, your gay. Good for you. Now can we get back to everything else?
    In America it started out that the gay community just wanted states to get rid of their sodomy laws. They said that's all they wanted, nothing more.

    So it happened.

    Then eventually they wanted the whole nine yards.

    So it happened.

    Now they want more than the whole nine yards.

  5. #35
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    The cities of St. John's, Quebec City, and Montreal will fly the rainbow LGBT flag to protest the treatment of gays in Russia for the duration of the Olympics in Sochi.



    This article can be found at the Montreal Gazette.

    I hope more cities will choose to protest the anti-gay laws in Russia by doing this. Hopefully we can get more Canadian cities to do it as well as some American cities. Do you think that your/nearest city would raise the LGBT flag?
    Fly the American flag with 13 stars. It's the ultimate symbol of freedom and liberty. That way everyone, who's rights are being oppressed and not just one politically correct group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #36
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Fly the American flag with 13 stars. It's the ultimate symbol of freedom and liberty. That way everyone, who's rights are being oppressed and not just one politically correct group.
    You can also fly the Canadian flag, it represents freedom as well, even for those groups that did not have freedom under the 13 stars and for homosexuals.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    But it is an issue that needs to be solved. Just support passing it then.
    Wanna trade? I could use some help getting a bunch of asshats to understand that SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is pretty damned simple and is not open to discussion.

  8. #38
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Wanna trade? I could use some help getting a bunch of asshats to understand that SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is pretty damned simple and is not open to discussion.
    There wouldn't be a giant political issue about this if conservatives would just support gay rights. If it is not a big deal why not just support it?

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    The law is used to arrest homosexuals and allow LGBT activists to be dehumanized.
    Sounds like a winner to me!

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    There wouldn't be a giant political issue about this if conservatives would just support gay rights. If it is not a big deal why not just support it?
    I feel the same way about infringement. BTW few years back there was a referendum vote on gay marriage here in Georgia. It was on the ballot with a bunch of other stuff and I did support it. How do you feel about open carry?

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •