Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 657

Thread: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

  1. #341
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Here's Putin's agenda and why he has taken this route.

    “Many Euro-Atlantic countries have moved away from their roots, including Christian values,” Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a recent keynote speech. “Policies are being pursued that place on the same level a multi-child family and a same-sex partnership, a faith in God and a belief in Satan. This is the path to degradation.”

    In his state of the nation address in mid-December, Mr. Putin also portrayed Russia as a staunch defender of “traditional values” against what he depicted as the morally bankrupt West. Social and religious conservatism, the former KGB officer insisted, is the only way to prevent the world from slipping into “chaotic darkness.”

    As part of this defense of “Christian values,” Russia has adopted a law banning “homosexual propaganda” and another that makes it a criminal offense to “insult” the religious sensibilities of believers.

    The law on religious sensibilities was adopted in the wake of a protest in Moscow’s largest cathedral by a female punk rock group against the Orthodox Church’s support of Mr. Putin. Kremlin-run television said the group’s “demonic” protest was funded by “some Americans.”

    Mr. Putin’s views of the West were echoed this month by Patriarch Kirill I of Moscow, the leader of the Orthodox Church, who accused Western countries of engaging in the “spiritual disarmament” of their people.

    In particular, Patriarch Kirill criticized laws in several European countries that prevent believers from displaying religious symbols, including crosses on necklaces, at work.

    Who's 'godless' now? Russia says it's U.S. - Washington Times
    i was aware of this already but thanks for posting it because its exactly what make shim a nut and thank god thats not my country
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    well since the smoking is harm full to others and being gay is not

    and since its citizens of Russia that are primarily being oppressed

    and since you can talk about smoking and protest for how you would like smokers and smoking to be treated

    id have to say your full of it
    Not sure how old you are, but remember the Marlboro Man ? He was outlawed in the USA from being on television, magazine advertisements and on billboards.

    Watch a little of Americana that has been outlawed in America. -> https://archive.org/details/tobacco_yyp23e00

  3. #343
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Here's Putin's agenda and why he has taken this route.

    “Many Euro-Atlantic countries have moved away from their roots, including Christian values,” Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a recent keynote speech. “Policies are being pursued that place on the same level a multi-child family and a same-sex partnership, a faith in God and a belief in Satan. This is the path to degradation.”

    In his state of the nation address in mid-December, Mr. Putin also portrayed Russia as a staunch defender of “traditional values” against what he depicted as the morally bankrupt West. Social and religious conservatism, the former KGB officer insisted, is the only way to prevent the world from slipping into “chaotic darkness.”

    As part of this defense of “Christian values,” Russia has adopted a law banning “homosexual propaganda” and another that makes it a criminal offense to “insult” the religious sensibilities of believers.

    The law on religious sensibilities was adopted in the wake of a protest in Moscow’s largest cathedral by a female punk rock group against the Orthodox Church’s support of Mr. Putin. Kremlin-run television said the group’s “demonic” protest was funded by “some Americans.”

    Mr. Putin’s views of the West were echoed this month by Patriarch Kirill I of Moscow, the leader of the Orthodox Church, who accused Western countries of engaging in the “spiritual disarmament” of their people.

    In particular, Patriarch Kirill criticized laws in several European countries that prevent believers from displaying religious symbols, including crosses on necklaces, at work.

    Who's 'godless' now? Russia says it's U.S. - Washington Times
    Sounds like a social conservatives utopia.

  4. #344
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Nah...they will move forward comfortably in their lives. They arent the ones clamoring for 'normalcy'. Then again...they dont run around in the streets in parades wearing assless chaps and boas trying to prove how 'normal' they are. Until THAT group gets the memo...with or without marriage, their lives will continue to be ****ed up. Shame, that.
    ok but can we give all of them and us the option of marge to some 1 of the same gender in the mean time and moral support when it comes to having the same freedoms that we enjoy

  5. #345
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Not sure how old you are, but remember the Marlboro Man ? He was outlawed in the USA from being on television, magazine advertisements and on billboards.

    Watch a little of Americana that has been outlawed in America. -> https://archive.org/details/tobacco_yyp23e00
    And they use to try to sell them to kids:

    Last edited by winston53660; 02-09-14 at 03:40 AM.

  6. #346
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Could you please rephrase your post, you're not getting your message across.

    BTW: If someone post's something that they believe to be factual, it's not a lie if it's not factual.
    ya he might just be ignorant and wrong not dishonest and that's perhaps why he cant get his points across shame on you j

  7. #347
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Here's Putin's agenda and why he has taken this route.

    “Many Euro-Atlantic countries have moved away from their roots, including Christian values,” Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a recent keynote speech. “Policies are being pursued that place on the same level a multi-child family and a same-sex partnership, a faith in God and a belief in Satan. This is the path to degradation.”

    In his state of the nation address in mid-December, Mr. Putin also portrayed Russia as a staunch defender of “traditional values” against what he depicted as the morally bankrupt West. Social and religious conservatism, the former KGB officer insisted, is the only way to prevent the world from slipping into “chaotic darkness.”

    As part of this defense of “Christian values,” Russia has adopted a law banning “homosexual propaganda” and another that makes it a criminal offense to “insult” the religious sensibilities of believers.

    The law on religious sensibilities was adopted in the wake of a protest in Moscow’s largest cathedral by a female punk rock group against the Orthodox Church’s support of Mr. Putin. Kremlin-run television said the group’s “demonic” protest was funded by “some Americans.”

    Mr. Putin’s views of the West were echoed this month by Patriarch Kirill I of Moscow, the leader of the Orthodox Church, who accused Western countries of engaging in the “spiritual disarmament” of their people.

    In particular, Patriarch Kirill criticized laws in several European countries that prevent believers from displaying religious symbols, including crosses on necklaces, at work.

    Who's 'godless' now? Russia says it's U.S. - Washington Times
    so Putin and other Russians want to violate peoples freedom of speech and of religion in the name of the Russian orthodox church figured as much already but I guess I didn't appreciate the hypocrisy of not letting people say what they like about your religion so you can use your religion to say whatever you want about them

  8. #348
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Not sure how old you are, but remember the Marlboro Man ? He was outlawed in the USA from being on television, magazine advertisements and on billboards.

    Watch a little of Americana that has been outlawed in America. -> https://archive.org/details/tobacco_yyp23e00
    ok that part is not false your right

  9. #349
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And they use to try to sell them to kids:

    just wish I knew who was trying to sell being gay to kids pretty sure the Russians need to narrow down the list of suspects as well as their limits on free speech

  10. #350
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    so Putin and other Russians want to violate peoples freedom of speech and of religion in the name of the Russian orthodox church figured as much already but I guess I didn't appreciate the hypocrisy of not letting people say what they like about your religion so you can use your religion to say whatever you want about them
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's freedom of speech in Russia.

Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •