Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 657

Thread: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

  1. #131
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    The gap in scores between the U.S. and Russia speaks for itself, Putin is elected through fraud is that enough proof and just common knowledge.
    I don't doubt that there may be more corruption in Russia than the US. But don't kid yourself, there's plenty of election fraud in the US and we suffered a terrible decade of senseless war and growth to government unprecedented because of it. But to the op. the Olympics aren't about that. And if we need a corrupt free country to hold them in, then we won't be having them, because even by your inadequate graph, no such country exists. If we have the Olympics in the US, do all the participating countries support the death penalty? Is the largest per capita group of corrupt people in the world residing in the US, or do we just have the largest prison population because our justice system is corrupt? I mean to say, do you want to hold the Olympics, or do you want to criticize Russia??
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #132
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,150

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    ****ing traitors, you mean?
    They fought for their freedom from slavery. We do have a museum dedicated to Benedict Arnold though.

  3. #133
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,150

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't doubt that there may be more corruption in Russia than the US. But don't kid yourself, there's plenty of election fraud in the US and we suffered a terrible decade of senseless war and growth to government unprecedented because of it. But to the op. the Olympics aren't about that. And if we need a corrupt free country to hold them in, then we won't be having them, because even by your inadequate graph, no such country exists. If we have the Olympics in the US, do all the participating countries support the death penalty? Is the largest per capita group of corrupt people in the world residing in the US, or do we just have the largest prison population because our justice system is corrupt? I mean to say, do you want to hold the Olympics, or do you want to criticize Russia??
    Well we held them last time. You seem to just be whining now.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well we held them last time. You seem to just be whining now.
    Lol. Couldn't refute any of that could you?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #135
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,150

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Lol. Couldn't refute any of that could you?
    Well you are kind of making irrelevant points now, and you are whining about the party you like not winning elections.

  6. #136
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    From what I'm hearing out of Vancouver, residents are still upset about Canada even hosting the Olympics, with all that money spent and such .
    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well we held them last time. You seem to just be whining now.
    Physics is Phun

  7. #137
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,150

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    From what I'm hearing out of Vancouver, residents are still upset about Canada even hosting the Olympics, with all that money spent and such .
    Everyone seems happy that we did, we even won gold in hockey. It never had a negative affect on Vancouver if anything it increased tourism and therefore the economy.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well you are kind of making irrelevant points now, and you are whining about the party you like not winning elections.
    No. I'm non partisan, neither party suits me. The point was there's plenty of corruption in America. We don't need to be kicking Russia around, at least not at game time for Pete's sake.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #139
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Well said.
    Not aimed at you, but I can't believe how many of the threads on here have disintegrated in the last half hour .
    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Everyone seems happy that we did, we even won gold in hockey. It never had a negative affect on Vancouver if anything it increased tourism and therefore the economy.
    Physics is Phun

  10. #140
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rainbow Flag Will Fly Over Montreal City Hall During Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The Corruption Perceptions Index has received criticisms over the years. The main one stems from the difficulty in measuring corruption, which by definition happens behind the scenes. The Corruption Perceptions Index therefore needs to rely on third-party survey which have been criticized as potentially unreliable. Data can vary widely depending on the public perception of a country, the completeness of the surveys and the methodology used. The second issue is that data cannot be compared from year to year because Transparency International uses different methodologies and samples every year. This makes it difficult to evaluate the result of new policies.[11] The Corruption Perceptions Index authors replied to these criticisms by reminding that the Corruption Perceptions Index is meant to measure perception and not "reality". They argue that "perceptions matter in their own right, since... firms and individuals take actions based on perceptions".[12]

    Transparency International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If you would do something more than frantically google for some means to undermine the index, you would find out that the only accessible source is a discussion about the merits and fault of the index and hardly defines it as worthless. They also highlight the problem with measurements is largely centered around small poor states, which russia could hardly be described as. Not to mention, the measure of Russia would seemingly correlate with the data that is available publicly and which you tried to already dismiss

Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •