View Poll Results: Do you support Open Carry?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I live/d in TX and I generally support OC

    11 31.43%
  • I live/d in TX and I generally oppose OC

    3 8.57%
  • I have never lived in TX and I generally support OC

    18 51.43%
  • I have never lived in TX and I generally oppose OC

    2 5.71%
  • Other

    1 2.86%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 127

Thread: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you think it's a coincidence that the targets are usually gun free zones?
    If perps chose their target based on being armed, mass shootings would only occur inside police stations and never schools or malls.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you think it's a coincidence that the targets are usually gun free zones?
    I think it is indifferent to their motivations.

    Mass Murderers: 'Some People Deserve To Be Killed' | Psychology Today

    Opinion flashback: NRA's gun-free zone myth

  3. #113
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,757

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    There is no shooting back because I get to shoot first.
    well time for some education

    what is the hit probability
    what is the chance that the person you hit will not be able to return fire?



  4. #114
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,757

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yeah because mass killers like that are the bastion of rational thinking
    that's funny coming from someone who thinks more gun laws-and the consequences of breaking those laws-will deter mass killers



  5. #115
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,757

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The OPINION of some asshole from MOTHER JONES

    LOL



  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The OPINION of some asshole from MOTHER JONES

    LOL
    Vs the opinion of an anon internet poster named Turtle Dude

  7. #117
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,757

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Vs the opinion of an anon internet poster named Turtle Dude
    I suspect my credentials on the subject are years ahead of ANYONE who works for Mother Jones. Don't think any of their drones were ever general counsel to major league gun groups, gun makers, or law enforcement agencies. but the evidence is obvious

    Newtown-GFZ
    Aurora Co-the killer bypassed closer or more populous theaters that were not GFZ
    EVER HS shooting is a GFZ
    Long Island RW shooting-GFZ
    Luby's Texas-GFZ
    San Ysidro McDonald's massacre-GFZ



  8. #118
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Vs the opinion of an anon internet poster named Turtle Dude
    Odds are that the opinions of an anonymous netizen are more reliable, sensisble, and sane than those of a writer for Mother Jones.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I suspect my credentials on the subject are years ahead of ANYONE who works for Mother Jones. Don't think any of their drones were ever general counsel to major league gun groups, gun makers, or law enforcement agencies. but the evidence is obvious

    Newtown-GFZ
    Aurora Co-the killer bypassed closer or more populous theaters that were not GFZ
    EVER HS shooting is a GFZ
    Long Island RW shooting-GFZ
    Luby's Texas-GFZ
    San Ysidro McDonald's massacre-GFZ
    Correlation does not equal causation. That old saw fits here.

    I'm not disputing the overall argument but this is not 'proof.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #120
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,757

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Correlation does not equal causation. That old saw fits here.

    I'm not disputing the overall argument but this is not 'proof.'
    The Aurora shooting certainly is

    I wonder about people who claim to be pro gun who constantly whine about pro gun posts that are far more accurate than anti gun posts



Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •