View Poll Results: Do you support Open Carry?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I live/d in TX and I generally support OC

    11 31.43%
  • I live/d in TX and I generally oppose OC

    3 8.57%
  • I have never lived in TX and I generally support OC

    18 51.43%
  • I have never lived in TX and I generally oppose OC

    2 5.71%
  • Other

    1 2.86%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127

Thread: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

  1. #101
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Mass shooters don't choose unarmed targts on accident
    I'm not going to bet on any mass shooters rationality.

  2. #102
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,182

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I'm not going to bet on any mass shooters rationality.
    Yeah, just ignore the facts and hope for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    She married a guy who was willing to cash in his 401(k) in order to put her through law school, and on the day that he made the last payment, she left him. But she left him with the kids because she wanted a political career, and being "mom" was such a time-wasting drag, you know. He even got custody of the kids that weren't his, which virtually never happens in Texas.
    Meh, sounds like what thousands of men...like doctors and lawyers and politicians...have been doing for decades. They are all throughout our political system. I dont hear much about it. I wasnt aware they were 'bad' politicians (altho that is very subjective)....are they getting the job done? Like I said...very hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, just ignore the facts and hope for the best.
    What facts?

  5. #105
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Sources?
    No kidding. I can provide the sources to prove the opposite all day....and the videos.

    Cut my teeth on all those FBI and other 'gunfights'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #106
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,182

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What facts?
    The fact that 9 out of 10 times mass shooters choose unarmed targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No doubt she will present as quite the reasonable 'moderate'...right up until the final vote is counted.
    Many states have OC (no permit required)....what are the stats on issues occurring from that in those states? IMO this is probably a non-issue in 'real terms.' Just a huge prejudicial one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The fact that 9 out of 10 times mass shooters choose unarmed targets.

    And the price of tea in China is?

    Most people aren't armed in the first place, sheesh

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Most people aren't armed in the first place, sheesh
    Most mass-shooters target the unarmed, so if you look unarmed, you look like a victim.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-08-14 at 03:30 PM.

  10. #110
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,182

    Re: Texas gov candidate Wendy Davis supports open carry law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And the price of tea in China is?

    Most people aren't armed in the first place, sheesh
    So, you think it's a coincidence that the targets are usually gun free zones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •