Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 231

Thread: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled[W:121]

  1. #181
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    No you can't post anything but opinion, thought so
    It is, IN FACT, his opinion - does that count?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #182
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It is, IN FACT, his opinion - does that count?
    i havent posted any opinion i posted facts, if you disagree id love for you to point out what is opinion in these statements
    the OP and PDF does NOT show the drivers were high at the time of the accident. FACT
    the OP and PDF does NOT show the accident was cause by the driver that had weed in his system. FACT
    the OP and PDF does NOT show that when the accident was cause by the driver that had weed in his system that it was because of the impairment. FACT

    which one is opinion, please point it out and then prove its opinion, id love to read it lol.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 02-06-14 at 03:49 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #183
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    and all you and the other guy have presented are your own opinions with no data to say otherwise
    Because your OP is the data of our proof. The claim is that you have no real knowledge of the effects of marijuana legalization apon traffic fatality rates. The proof is that your numbers cite only positive tests for marijuana. But testing positive doesn't mean that one is currently high, and so you do not know if those who had tested positive were high at the time of the wreck and that being high was the cause of the wreck. Ergo, you lack the knowledge. You cannot demonstrate your claim and haven't done so.

    Supposition, assumption, and opinion is all you've presented. That doesn't demonstrate knowledge, sorry.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #184
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    i havent posted any opinion i posted facts, if you disagree id love for you to point out what is opinion in these statements
    the OP and PDF does NOT show the drivers were high at the time of the accident. FACT
    the OP and PDF does NOT show the accident was cause by the driver that had weed in his system. FACT
    the OP and PDF does NOT show that when the accident was cause by the driver that had weed in his system that it was because of the impairment. FACT

    which one is opinion, please point it out and then prove its opinion, id love to read it lol.
    I read the OP piece, and it seems pretty clear to me that they're not trying to fool anyone - with findings such as “If a driver is under the influence of alcohol, their risk of a fatal crash is 13 times higher than the risk of the driver who is not under the influence of alcohol,” Li said. “But if the driver is under the influence of both alcohol and marijuana, their risk increased to 24 times that of a sober person.” it's quite clear that the authors of the study are concluding that marijuana use is a contributing factor and has a causal relationship to an increased risk.

    No study, that I know of, claims that a fatal accident that involves a driver with a high blood alcohol level was solely and clearly caused by the alcohol consumption. There's no way to statistically prove such. These studies, and those involving alcohol consumption only, simply conclude the incidence of drug and alcohol use and the percentages of fatal accidents that are so affected.

    So it is, quite clearly, just your opinion that the drivers weren't high - that's not a matter totally determined by level of the drug in the system - you have no facts that prove they weren't high - just your opinion that the accident wasn't caused by a driver that had weed in his system - in fact, the quote above seems to prove the opposite - and just your opinion that the accident wasn't caused by the driver's impairment - the quote above seems to prove the opposite.

    You can bluster all you like - doesn't change the FACT that you view the study's findings the way you choose to view them - that makes it your opinion. I'm sure drunks also feel it wasn't the alcohol that caused their crashes either.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #185
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I read the OP piece, and it seems pretty clear to me that they're not trying to fool anyone - with findings such as “If a driver is under the influence of alcohol, their risk of a fatal crash is 13 times higher than the risk of the driver who is not under the influence of alcohol,” Li said. “But if the driver is under the influence of both alcohol and marijuana, their risk increased to 24 times that of a sober person.” it's quite clear that the authors of the study are concluding that marijuana use is a contributing factor and has a causal relationship to an increased risk.

    No study, that I know of, claims that a fatal accident that involves a driver with a high blood alcohol level was solely and clearly caused by the alcohol consumption. There's no way to statistically prove such. These studies, and those involving alcohol consumption only, simply conclude the incidence of drug and alcohol use and the percentages of fatal accidents that are so affected.

    So it is, quite clearly, just your opinion that the drivers weren't high - that's not a matter totally determined by level of the drug in the system - you have no facts that prove they weren't high - just your opinion that the accident wasn't caused by a driver that had weed in his system - in fact, the quote above seems to prove the opposite - and just your opinion that the accident wasn't caused by the driver's impairment - the quote above seems to prove the opposite.

    You can bluster all you like - doesn't change the FACT that you view the study's findings the way you choose to view them - that makes it your opinion. I'm sure drunks also feel it wasn't the alcohol that caused their crashes either.
    very telling that you dodged the questions

    I NEVER claimed they werent high
    I NEVER claimed that the driver didnt cause the accident
    I NEVER claimed that their impairment if present didnt cause the accident

    you just posted 3 lies and nobody is fooled

    if you disagree simple quote me saying those lies, ill wait but you will fail because you made it up
    posting lies wont help your failed posts

    so now that facts prove your post 100% factually wrong and expose the lies you posted, i will ask you AGAIN which statement is my opinion and not fact since you dodged them and tried to make stuff up

    the OP and PDF does NOT show the drivers were high at the time of the accident. FACT
    the OP and PDF does NOT show the accident was cause by the driver that had weed in his system. FACT
    the OP and PDF does NOT show that when the accident was cause by the driver that had weed in his system that it was because of the impairment. FACT

    which one is opinion, please point it out and then prove its opinion? weird you cant do this.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #186
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Because your OP is the data of our proof. The claim is that you have no real knowledge of the effects of marijuana legalization apon traffic fatality rates. The proof is that your numbers cite only positive tests for marijuana. But testing positive doesn't mean that one is currently high, and so you do not know if those who had tested positive were high at the time of the wreck and that being high was the cause of the wreck. Ergo, you lack the knowledge. You cannot demonstrate your claim and haven't done so.

    Supposition, assumption, and opinion is all you've presented. That doesn't demonstrate knowledge, sorry.
    This is no different from laws involving alcohol consumption. It's a fundemental misunderstanding of impairment and the conclusions reached from such a study. When similar studies are done solely involving fatal accidents and those with blood alcohol levels above zero, there is no way to tell if the driver was drunk or impaired just as there's no way to determine the level of impairment related to marijuana use. It is simply noted that when it comes to fatal accidents, someone with alcohol in their system is 13 times more likely to die or kill and someone with alcohol and marijuana in their system is 24 times more likely to die or kill.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #187
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    very funny you dodged the questions>

    I NEVER claimed they werent high
    I NEVER claimed that the driver didnt cause the accident
    I NEVER claimed that their impairment if present didnt cause the accident

    you just posted 3 lies and nobody is fooled
    if you disagree simple qoute me saying those lies, ill wait but you will fail because you made it up
    posting lies wont help you i will ask you AGAIN which statement is my opinion and not fact

    so now that facts prove your post 100% factually wrong and expose the lies you posted, i will ask my questions again since you dodged them and tried to make stuff up

    the OP and PDF does NOT show the drivers were high at the time of the accident. FACT
    the OP and PDF does NOT show the accident was cause by the driver that had weed in his system. FACT
    the OP and PDF does NOT show that when the accident was cause by the driver that had weed in his system that it was because of the impairment. FACT

    which one is opinion, please point it out and then prove its opinion? weird you cant do this.
    I gave you a reasoned answer. You're welcome to your own opinion on the validity of my answer - and now, you go back on ignore.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    This is no different from laws involving alcohol consumption. It's a fundemental misunderstanding of impairment and the conclusions reached from such a study. When similar studies are done solely involving fatal accidents and those with blood alcohol levels above zero, there is no way to tell if the driver was drunk or impaired just as there's no way to determine the level of impairment related to marijuana use. It is simply noted that when it comes to fatal accidents, someone with alcohol in their system is 13 times more likely to die or kill and someone with alcohol and marijuana in their system is 24 times more likely to die or kill.
    Exactly. The truth is that it's purposeful deciete meant to artificially inflate numbers, cause people to react emotionally, and justify power grabs by the government. I'm not going to trust the arguments of a propagandist who can't be honest with his numbers.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #189
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Same thing happens with alcohol. What's your point, exactly? I had a cop once tell me that he pulled over a driver for a busted tail light to find that he was blew a .2 (aka, he should be dead). The only way he could tell he was drunk was the smell. I'm not entirely sure what your point is because we still ticket hardcore drunks for driving over the limit when they may not technically be impaired.
    Pot is detectable LONG after it could possibly be impairing.

    States.are determining "levels" for impairment now. Once theyre ironed out, then it will be possible to determine whether thc IMPAIRMENT is an element.

    This study looks you right in the eye and says "pot smoked a month ago contributed to additional fatalities". Which isn't true.

    Lots of folks stand to lose lots of money when pot is legalized. Bureaucracies will lose power.

    So they lie. SOP.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #190
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    1.)I gave you a reasoned answer.
    2.) You're welcome to your own opinion on the validity of my answer
    3.) and now, you go back on ignore.
    1.) no you posted 3 lies that were factually proven wrong, the questions were NEVER answered because they also factually prove your post wrong
    2.) no opinion was given, its a fact you posted 3 lies and didnt answer the question
    3.) translation: facts defeated your failed post and theres no logical, honest and or factual path for you to take to back up your false claims so you post a deflection.
    facts win again and I accept your concession.

    Please remains civil and simply point out and woute me saying the lies you claimed and answer the 3 questions.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 02-06-14 at 04:49 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •