Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 231

Thread: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled[W:121]

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Of course not, that's why it's not proof. In fact if the general population increased consumption of marijuana, you would measure an increase in the number of people testing positive for pot in fatal accidents. Not because they were driving while high, but because of overall shifts in statistics.

    Could they be driving high? Yes. Should they be allowed to? No. But you have not presented anything that could count as evidence that the legalization of marijuana has led to an increase in fatal accidents caused by marijuana. In fact, all things being equal, if legalized pot led to more fatal car wrecks caused by driving while high, you'd expect an increase in the baseline number of fatalities. If, however, it is merely a statistical effect and not causing anymore accidents then you would expect the baseline measurement to remain the same. Now what do we have? Baseline staid the same. Hence the data you present is more consistent with a statistical shift in background consumption than it is with marijuana use leading to higher fatality rates.

    And that is why you fail.
    I will take state findings over your opinion every time. You have not brought anything to the discussion but opinion.

  2. #132
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    As always, education is the main ingredient for a problem.
    Colorado has been testing subjects for decades.
    They didn't just jump in head first.
    They have plenty of data on nanograms of THC per deciliter of blood.
    At this point, the legislators cannot agree on a number.
    It has been found that an everyday user 'wakes up' with an average of 10 ng/dL.
    However, an infrequent user would be stoned with this level .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    it shows an increase in fatalities for people with THC in their system while total fatalities including alcohol are down. When/if you lose someone close to you we are sure you will change your mind.
    Physics is Phun

  3. #133
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    it shows an increase in fatalities for people with THC in their system while total fatalities including alcohol are down. When/if you lose someone close to you we are sure you will change your mind.
    Emotional arguments are weak arguments. No change in baseline suggests that weed is not the cause of increased fatality rates. Rather it is more consistent with an increase in consumption with no affect on aggregate fatality rates.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #134
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I will take state findings over your opinion every time. You have not brought anything to the discussion but opinion.
    As have you.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    As always, education is the main ingredient for a problem.
    Colorado has been testing subjects for decades.
    They didn't just jump in head first.
    They have plenty of data on nanograms of THC per deciliter of blood.
    At this point, the legislators cannot agree on a number.
    it has been found that an everyday user 'wakes up' with an average of 10 ng/dL.
    However, an infrequent user would be stoned with this level .
    Wait until they start killing people, glad I was out there on the bike last summer and not this coming summer

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    As have you.
    Nope, I posted state findings, no opinions

  7. #137
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I will take the state's findings over your opinions (yes, that is what they are) every time.
    good because thats what im pointing out, i havent given my opinion on this subject yet accept for saying i doubt anybody here supports driving while under the influence.
    Facts win again.

    if you disagree PLEASE quote me giving my opinion that doesnt match the stats you posted in the OP and the PDF. They all state exactly what i said.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #138
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Nope, I posted state findings, no opinions
    and the state findings only say that recently more people have been found to have weed in their system, NOTHING else.
    This fact as already been proven.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 02-06-14 at 01:16 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #139
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    When subjects are tested, I would be interested in new findings about how the body reacts to being stoned 'first', and then start drinking;
    versus drinking first and then get stoned .
    I do believe the combination is the problem here, but have no data.
    Smart people I know are simply staying overnight at their buddies after a day of football watching just to be safe .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Emotional arguments are weak arguments. No change in baseline suggests that weed is not the cause of increased fatality rates. Rather it is more consistent with an increase in consumption with no affect on aggregate fatality rates.
    Last edited by NIMBY; 02-06-14 at 01:02 PM.
    Physics is Phun

  10. #140
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Nope, I posted state findings, no opinions
    Your opinion is in the interpretations of those numbers since they do not say what you claim. Ergo , you have brought nothing but opinion.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •