Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 99

Thread: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Cookies are a health risk! All that sugar, all those calories, he was within his right to defend himself, dammit! She was trying to kill him with cookies!!!
    No. She was just part of a Liberal plot to destroy all of humanity through organizations like the Girl Scouts of America.

  2. #82
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,345

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    I don't understand the charge: "arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon." How was the child or father (or hooker and pimp, I don't care) assaulted?

  3. #83
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,485

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I don't understand the charge: "arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon." How was the child or father (or hooker and pimp, I don't care) assaulted?
    A quick Google tells me that in California, a threat of attack (such as pointing a gun) is defined as assault. Actually carrying out the threat would be battery. Legal terminology is often misleading like that.

  4. #84
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,345

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    A quick Google tells me that in California, a threat of attack (such as pointing a gun) is defined as assault. Actually carrying out the threat would be battery. Legal terminology is often misleading like that.
    Thank you, that makes it clear.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    I think the important issue is being missed here. That girl was trying to be rescued. The Girl Scouts use these girls as slave labor to sell their products and nobody seems to mind.

  6. #86
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    What kind of wacko seeings a little girl in a girl scout uniform at their door and thinks a home invasion is imminent?
    Why do you assume that he could see who was at his door? I'm not saying that he isn't a little "touched" to answer the door pointing a gun, but you're making assumptions that are not fact.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why do you assume that he could see who was at his door? I'm not saying that he isn't a little "touched" to answer the door pointing a gun, but you're making assumptions that are not fact.
    I think its a fair assumption with the invention of windows and "peep holes." But a girl scout is short you say, she might be under the peep hole, in that case all you do is ask who it is and for them to show themselves to the peep hole.

  8. #88
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I don't understand the charge: "arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon." How was the child or father (or hooker and pimp, I don't care) assaulted?
    Uhh, that would be the gun pointing.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #89
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    I really do not understand extreme paranoia. I'm all for gun ownership, but it is important for people to be responsible gun owners, not paranoid idiots.

    Now, it is completely possible that the whole story is not as reported and someone is lying about or exaggerating the situation. On the other hand, I witnessed a guy pull out a handgun in the middle of our neighborhood and threaten to shoot our dog who was across the street fighting his dog and reaiming the gun toward several people in the neighborhood to make the threat. People can be idiots. So if this is true, the guy deserves to be in trouble. Responsible gun owners do not answer their doors aiming a gun at someone who they are not positive is an actual threat.

    And there is a lot of paranoia out there if you think anyone knocking at your door is going to invade your home, particularly during daylight hours. While I think guns can save people during in an actual home invasion, it won't be because you shot someone before they even showed themselves as a threat at all or threatened them prior to that time. It will be because you are smart about when you use your gun and how. Answering the door with it aimed to shoot whoever is there, regardless of the threat that person actually poses is not being smart, at all.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Man allegedly points gun at girl selling cookies door-to-door

    Dammit. Is this really what America is becoming? A grown ass man pulled a gun on a girl scout for selling cookies and people are defending that.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •