Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 128

Thread: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

  1. #21
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

    As the Democrats thrive off this type of **** except when it is brought their way.

    Also I would note how many times **** has been leaked by someone that was on the inside. Yet aligned with the left and there to only get whatever dirt they can on whatever Republican.

    Now you know why I want the Demos to start seeing it being brought to them. From their mouthpieces in the Media. To their Politicians.

    Beat them with their own tactics and game.
    I disagree. This sort of malarkey has been played out ever since there has been people running for or trying to hold on to a office; it went on then, and it's going to go on now.
    "The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations." `Thomas Jefferson

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Com'on man. you really think the Republicans have been infiltrated by them lefties? There is evidence against Christie, emails from one of his closest aides and sworn statements. The Faux rages consisted of unnamed sources on the ground which many claims have been proven untrue and no evidence for the others and a low level IRS guy in Cincinnati that somehow Obama was suppose to meet at the Easter party or something absurd like that. The RW noise machine makes up outrages. that is why no one accepts supposed responsibility. And there are hundreds mroe of made up BS from the right, not to mention the birther thing...

    Yep.....all one has to do is look at how they caught Romney up with what he said, in a private fundraiser. No press.

    Well this Morning Mak it was WBBM.....that's CBS not Fox. Also over the IRS Scandal.....there goes that theory about owning up to ones actions. Like Personally firing the Inspector general that was all up into Obama's Pal and Mayor of Sacremento. Which came long before Obama and anything he did with the IRS this past week.

    Yet look at what you are saying Mak.....that most of the Right turned on Christie. Yet he never ever had most of the Right in the first place.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    I disagree. This sort of malarkey has been played out ever since there has been people running for or trying to hold on to a office; it went on then, and it's going to go on now.

    Mornin' Bob. Yeah I know it has.....other than for the fact of the Press. Which when event are held with No press. Then Just who shows up to leak what someone said, pretty much puts that all into perspective.

    While all can agree such has gone on from the beginning.....none can deny what these Two parties are able to do. By Influence alone.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    I still like Christie and would vote for him over Clinton.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #25
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    Where is the evidence, huh?
    Even Gov. Christie's office admitted yesterday that he knew "during" the lane closures of the "lane closures".
    They just haven't said when.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman909 View Post
    where is the evidence?
    I only count two that have taken the 5th, presumably waiting for immunity.
    I don't imagine this was the Super weekend for which Christie was looking .
    Last edited by NIMBY; 02-01-14 at 01:01 PM.
    Physics is Phun

  6. #26
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    Mine eyes have shifted to Gov. Beshear in KY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I still like Christie and would vote for him over Clinton.
    His approval rating is miles ahead of Paul and McConnell in KY, both of whom are barely ahead of Obama in KY.
    Clinton needs put out to pasture .
    Physics is Phun

  7. #27
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    Mornin' MMC--another 6 inches and counting overnight--the thaw will be frought with dangerous flooding.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin' Bob. Yeah I know it has.....other than for the fact of the Press. Which when event are held with No press. Then Just who shows up to leak what someone said, pretty much puts that all into perspective.

    While all can agree such has gone on from the beginning.....none can deny what these Two parties are able to do. By Influence alone.
    Do you really think the totality of New Jersey events doesn't rise to the level of our jailbird govs, Ryan and Blago?
    I can always count on our Tribune to fairly pounce on all skunks.
    Christie is in over his head with his connections to the DEM Mob bosses .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Mornin' MMC--another 6 inches and counting overnight--the thaw will be frought with dangerous flooding.

    Do you really think the totality of New Jersey events doesn't rise to the level of our jailbird govs, Ryan and Blago?
    I can always count on our Tribune to fairly pounce on all skunks.
    Christie is in over his head with his connections to the DEM Mob bosses .

    So far 9-10 inches of snow out by me Nimby and Mornin" to you too......Nah.....Joisey Politicans are lightweights when it compares to the Corruption of Chicago.

    Yeah the Tribune is pretty good going after All sides.....but their own. Course they don't mind dumping on us, their own.

  9. #29
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    On Friday, the New York Times blasted out a seemingly explosive story about New Jersey governor Chris Christie and the ongoing "Bridgegate" scandal. The story said that David Wildstein, a Port Authority official, "said on Friday that the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening, and that he had the evidence to prove it."

    But then the Times changed the lede of the story:

    -snip-

    Here, preserved for posterity, is our extremely crude Photoshopped-together comparison of the two ledes side by side. The one on the top is the original one. The one on the bottom is the changed one.



    Here Is The NY Times Christie Tweak That Drove Twitter Crazy (UPDATE)
    Go Vols

  10. #30
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Christie Linked to Knowledge of Shut Lanes

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I think the fact that few Republicans havenít rushed to defend him probably shows they really didnít want him as their presidential nominee to begin with. American may be right, he may be more of a product of the media than Republicans themselves. I do not know if Christie is toast, especially if it is proven he wasnít behind the lane closures and really didnít know. But even so, he is probably damaged goods. But two years is a long time to recoup some of his standing among the American electorate.
    The lane closures will not put him away, unless there is corroborated evidence he planned them or covered them up.
    I'm more concerned about the MOB-style gangster tactics with Hurricane Sandy money and misappropriation of funds.
    I could see a President Rand Paul commuting CC's sentence in 2021 after being elected to his second POTUS term .
    Physics is Phun

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •