Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 362

Thread: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

  1. #201
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    The fact is that some European countries have NOT honored extradition treaties with America, and the world has not come to an end.
    Which countries and what cases?
    PeteEU

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and in this case, there is no such evidence whatsoever
    I'm not familiar with the details of this case. Crime dramas bore me. I'm only interested in the geo-political angle here.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    punishment is inappropriate if the victim of a rape doesn't ask for it.
    I disagree.

  4. #204
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Send us Polanski, and then we can talk.
    Time has been served according to the plea deal.
    PeteEU

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Time has been served according to the plea deal.
    So he's not wanted by the US authorities?

  6. #206
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Send us Polanski, and then we can talk.
    France ≠ Italy. I'm sure you knew.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  7. #207
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    What is funny here is Americans actually believe this bitch because she is pretty and has a good PR team.

    I too followed the case pretty closely and can say I have serious doubts about her and the boyfriend. They acted very strangely after the murder and had inconsistent stories. Along with the evidence that was not tainted by incompetence.. like that the whole scene looked staged as a burglary.. and you can only conclude that either they did it or were heavily involved in the murder.

    As for the trial being a sham trial and the Italian court system being inept and corrupt.. funny coming from the Americans.. who piss up and down on the law depending on how much money you have or where you are from. Amanda got consular help.. pity the US does not give that to people visiting the US..

    Well I Amanda Knox wont be leaving the US for the rest of her life.. because step outside and an international arrest warrant will bring her back to Italy to serve her time.
    While I agree in principle with your comments, ie US justice system sucks and therefore we have no leg to stand on while attempting to ridicule other country's systems, it does seem kind of cruel and unusual for a system to not accept the not guilty verdict of a jury and then re-try her on the same charges, double jeopardy I think that's called. That seems wrong in any system. I imagine we have our own version of that perversion here. In either place, that would seem quite wrong. Took her to trial, she was found not guilty, iirc, and that should be the end of it, imo.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #208
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Yep, if a European country were to block an extradition process like that the American government would not be happy.
    Europe blocks extradition routinely.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    France ≠ Italy. I'm sure you knew.
    I was responding to PeteEU.... a notorious EU cheerleader and one whom I've debated the Roman Polanski affair with in the past. You know that to EU supporters there is no more difference between France and Italy than there is between Texas and Oklahoma to an American.

    And yes of course I know that Italy and France are different countries, my father is from Italy.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian court - CNN.com

    apparently she was sentenced to 28.5 years

    of course she isn't in Italy

    I think the verdict is more of a condemnation of the laughably inept, corrupt and completely dysfunctional Italian justice system.

    One former prosecutor doubts the USA would grant extradition given the double jeopardy argument


    I followed this trial pretty closely and read numerous reviews. Based on what I learned, I would have "Rule 29'd" the case. (meaning grant the defense a directed verdict at the close of the prosecution case). The Prosecution was a joke in this matter
    Based on what new evidence? Or are they just allowed to keep trying her until they get the verdict they want? She should give them the big middle finger.

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •