Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 362

Thread: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

  1. #111
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    This could also further strain relations with Italy which has in recent decades already been unhappy with the extradition arrangements it has with the US.



    Furthermore Meredith Kercher is a British Citizen, a country which has also been critical of the one way extradition street in terms if the US, with not one IRA Terrorist ever extradited from the US, but numerous people extradited from the UK since 9/11.

    Lets also not forget that America still keeps people locked away at Guantanamo Bay who have had no due process as all, at least Amanda Knox has been before a proper civil court.
    OMG that is funny



  2. #112
    Professor
    Chatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Britain
    Last Seen
    07-14-14 @ 06:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,742

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    OMG that is funny
    Amanda Knox has been before the Italian Courts, which is more than can be said for those at Guantanamo. It's Italy's system and there's an old saying 'when in Rome do as the Romans do'. The US signed an extradition treaty with Italy in which it adhered to it's criminal system. If you don't want people extradited or don't agree with a countries criminal system then don't sign such treaties.

  3. #113
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Amanda Knox has been before the Italian Courts, which is more than can be said for those at Guantanamo. It's Italy's system and there's an old saying 'when in Rome do as the Romans do'.
    What does Gitmo have to do with the incompetence of the Italian courts and the seething hatred of America by Eurosocialists who want to use this girl as a scapegoat for their rage that America is more important than their have been countries?



  4. #114
    Professor
    Chatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Britain
    Last Seen
    07-14-14 @ 06:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,742

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    What does Gitmo have to do with the incompetence of the Italian courts and the seething hatred of America by Eurosocialists who want to use this girl as a scapegoat for their rage that America is more important than their have been countries?
    I don't think the Italian Courts have been incompetent, and in terms of Americans like you who criticise other countries criminal systems I suggest you take a good look at your own and indeed places such as Guantanamo Bay.

    BBC News - Amanda Knox appeal: Reviewing the murder case evidence

  5. #115
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    I don't think the Italian Courts have been incompetent, and in terms of Americans like you who criticise other countries criminal systems I suggest you take a good look at your own and indeed places such as Guantanamo Bay.
    GITMO bay is irrelevant since it is not part of our domestic criminal court system

    tell me, other than hating America, what evidence do you have that the Italian court system fairly adjudicated this case

    Do you have any experience in criminal law?



  6. #116
    Professor
    Chatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Britain
    Last Seen
    07-14-14 @ 06:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,742

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    GITMO bay is irrelevant since it is not part of our domestic criminal court system

    tell me, other than hating America, what evidence do you have that the Italian court system fairly adjudicated this case

    Do you have any experience in criminal law?
    You can see the evidence here and it's far from clear cut.

    BBC News - Amanda Knox appeal: Reviewing the murder case evidence

    Then again American Criminal Law lets you get away with murder - O.J Simpson, Trayvon Martin/Zimmerman, Joe Horn etc. Because the US Justice System is never seen as laughable and incompetent by the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Chatter; 01-31-14 at 12:24 PM.

  7. #117
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    The whole purpose of justice in a rape is compensating the victim.
    I thought it was also to keep them from doing it again, to others? Just because one rape victim doesnt care that she was raped doesn't mean others want to be raped by the guy.

  8. #118
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. there was not even probable cause she is guilty.

    Most euro nations have refused to honor extradition treaties to send a person back to the USA for a death penalty trial. That often involves AMERICAN nationals who have fled.

    The Italian court system isn't just bad, its a complete joke. Every possible screw up I have ever seen in 24 years of reviewing federal criminal cases was made in the Knox case. Tainted evidence poor investigations, lack of a motive, ignoring obvious more probable suspects etc etc etc
    If you believe it to be a complete joke then you need to renounce your extradition treaty, because having an extradition treaty means the opposite of thinking it's a complete joke.

    European nations refusing to extradite people to the US in capital cases is a totally different matter. It doesn't mean that there is no confidence in the US judicial system, just that they are all signatories to Protocol 13 of the ECHR which prohibits the death sentence.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  9. #119
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    If you believe it to be a complete joke then you need to renounce your extradition treaty, because having an extradition treaty means the opposite of thinking it's a complete joke.

    European nations refusing to extradite people to the US in capital cases is a totally different matter. It doesn't mean that there is no confidence in the US judicial system, just that they are all signatories to Protocol 13 of the ECHR which prohibits the death sentence.
    and we don't believe in double jeopardy



  10. #120
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian Court

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Amanda looks like a murderer to me. If I was casting a movie about a murder like this I would pick her, she has evil eyes.
    The case for professional juries: exhibit A

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •