Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Personally? His crimes don't shake my opposition to the death penalty. Executing him serves no purpose and will accomplish no end. The families lives cannot be made whole or healed
    But it can bring closure to the living relatives and closure to those that survived this mans atrocities.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #12
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

    Good. I am glad they are going all in for this son of a bitch.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  3. #13
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,731

    Re: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    But it can bring closure to the living relatives and closure to those that survived this mans atrocities.
    Although I would love to see the death penalty used, I am still against it. Texas has executed more than one innocent person recently. That should be reason enough not to have a death penalty. Some people may deserve it, but innocent people do not. Those who ramrodded these executions need to either repent of the murders they committed in the name of the state, or spend eternity in hellfire.

    Carlos DeLuna

    Cameron Todd Willingham
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #14
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,681

    Re: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    While I oppose the death penalty I had to laugh at this argument:

    * Prosecutors and police ignored tips unearthed in the case files that Carlos Hernandez, an older friend of DeLuna, who had a reputation for wielding a blade, had killed Lopez. The defense failed to track down Hernandez, who bore a striking resemblance to DeLuna.

    s-MUGS-TEXAS-large.jpg

    In other words... they were both Hispanic males.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #15
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    It wasn't a loophole for Texas, we executed the murdering bastard anyway.
    And when our citizens are mistreated by foreign justice systems abandoning their diplomatic commitments to us, we'll have you to thank.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  6. #16
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    And when our citizens are mistreated by foreign justice systems abandoning their diplomatic commitments to us, we'll have you to thank.
    He killed a cop while in custody. He was far from being mistreated.

  7. #17
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,731

    Re: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    While I oppose the death penalty I had to laugh at this argument:

    * Prosecutors and police ignored tips unearthed in the case files that Carlos Hernandez, an older friend of DeLuna, who had a reputation for wielding a blade, had killed Lopez. The defense failed to track down Hernandez, who bore a striking resemblance to DeLuna.

    s-MUGS-TEXAS-large.jpg

    In other words... they were both Hispanic males.
    So your argument is, since they look alike, then screw it, let's just kill one of them (we don't care if it's the innocent one or the guilty one), and declare case closed, and justice served.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #18
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,681

    Re: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    So your argument is, since they look alike, then screw it, let's just kill one of them and declare case closed.
    No, I am saying they don't look alike. As I said, I oppose the death penalty so I wouldn't support putting either to death. I am simply pointing out that the "proof" of innocence by the Columbia students, as spelled out, is grasping.

    My point in all things is that while I support a given cause, I do not support poor arguments in favor of those causes. The DeLuna proof isn't actually proof at all, it is doubt.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #19
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,731

    Re: Feds Seek Death Penalty for Boston Bombing Suspect Tsarnaev

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    No, I am saying they don't look alike. As I said, I oppose the death penalty so I wouldn't support putting either to death. I am simply pointing out that the "proof" of innocence by the Columbia students, as spelled out, is grasping.

    My point in all things is that while I support a given cause, I do not support poor arguments in favor of those causes. The DeLuna proof isn't actually proof at all, it is doubt.
    Ah, OK. Reading is fundamental, so I'll go back to my remedial reading class. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •