Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 136

Thread: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

  1. #121
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet'

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    I am trying to find out if "the Republican Party" is a private or public entity. It cannot be a government entity -right?

    So it can ban MSNBC as there no 1st Amendment requirements to carry their members political speech out to any 'press' (cable channel)....

    *lost on this line of thought*
    The headline to the link in the OP was sensational nonsense, as so many are these days. All they did was to ban MSNBC employees from appearing on Republican Party-sponsored TV and prevent them from sponsoring Republican Party primary debates. The Republicans also started a general boycott.

    That is perfectly within their rights as an organization.
    Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

  2. #122
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Almost every story on Fox is pro Right and anti left, and I do watch it a lot. That is fine, except they are not honest about it. And millions of Fauxites take it as Gospel.
    Do they talk about urinating, and deficating in Hillary's mouth? Do they have members of their line up constantly having to apologize for taking their vitriol too far? No.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #123
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Do they talk about urinating, and deficating in Hillary's mouth? Do they have members of their line up constantly having to apologize for taking their vitriol too far? No.
    MSNBC has attempted to do the Fox treatment to Republicans, they're just really bad at it. Fox just lies all the time, but they do a decent job of tempering their vitriol.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #124
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    MSNBC has attempted to do the Fox treatment to Republicans, they're just really bad at it. Fox just lies all the time, but they do a decent job of tempering their vitriol.
    By "lie" you mean refuse to use the media matters template like MSLSD admits to doing? FNC does indeed present commentary from a right of center position, but that is 1 outlet out of 7 possible tv network outlets. They scare you so much that you must lie and distort them? How weak your position must be to want so badly to shut down dissenting speech.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #125
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

    One more time, my problem with Fox is it is essentially dishonest AEB the fair and balanced motto. They aren't fair or balanced, yet millions of watchers believe unconditionally. Another thing I have noticed that I am sure is significant, but I am not sure why. People can say anything they want about MSNBC and I dont think many even bother to defend it, and if they do, without much passion, because, I think the libs are not as personally invested in MSNBC as thought leader. On conservative sites if you criticize Fox, the fierce defense of the Fox News company is almost like it was a personally attacking the conservative posters themselves. This post is a good example.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Do they talk about urinating, and deficating in Hillary's mouth? Do they have members of their line up constantly having to apologize for taking their vitriol too far? No.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  6. #126
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    One more time, my problem with Fox is it is essentially dishonest AEB the fair and balanced motto. They aren't fair or balanced, yet millions of watchers believe unconditionally. Another thing I have noticed that I am sure is significant, but I am not sure why. People can say anything they want about MSNBC and I dont think many even bother to defend it, and if they do, without much passion, because, I think the libs are not as personally invested in MSNBC as thought leader. On conservative sites if you criticize Fox, the fierce defense of the Fox News company is almost like it was a personally attacking the conservative posters themselves. This post is a good example.
    Karumph! Yeah that's why instead of denouncing the mindset at MSNBC that fosters a culture that a staffer thought that an unwarranted, and false meme attack like this was ok, and you defend them by trying to make it about FNC. It's pathetic.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #127
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

    MSNBC is insignificant. Nobody watches it. Fox has followers, millions,literally. If MSNBC said they were fair and balanced I would think they were dishonest too, but again, nobody watches them. Here is that fierce defense I was talking about.

    Normal people aint up this early on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Karumph! Yeah that's why instead of denouncing the mindset at MSNBC that fosters a culture that a staffer thought that an unwarranted, and false meme attack like this was ok, and you defend them by trying to make it about FNC. It's pathetic.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #128
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    MSNBC is insignificant. Nobody watches it. Fox has followers, millions,literally. If MSNBC said they were fair and balanced I would think they were dishonest too, but again, nobody watches them. Here is that fierce defense I was talking about.

    Normal people aint up this early on Sunday.
    I'm working what's your excuse?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #129
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

    I get up at 3am for work all week so getting up at 5am on the weekend really is sleeping in. Have a good day at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'm working what's your excuse?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #130
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republican Party bans MSNBC over 'offensive' tweet' [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I get up at 3am for work all week so getting up at 5am on the weekend really is sleeping in. Have a good day at work.
    Nice dodge. I accept your surrender on the topic. Buh bye now.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •