Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 333

Thread: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

  1. #201
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It surprises me not at all that you are perfectly willing to simply gloss over exactly how bad the economy took a colossal dump in 2008.
    I find it interesting that even you cannot tell us how the collapse in 2008 affected you and your family but I do find it quite telling how Bush created that mess all by himself and the Democrat controlled Congress allowed it.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    02-08-14 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,124

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As has been shown here over and over again, you and your other liberal friends have a very selective memory and actually no clue as to what Bush did and didn't do as well as who helped him.
    Obama and liberalism has really used you and people like you because that is what you want to believe. The media destroyed Bush and brainwashed a lot of people. The guy to this day is a class act something Obama will never be.

    What you want to believe is that Bush with a Democrat Controlled Congress that rejected his legislation and budget created the 2009 disaster and that simply defies logic and common sense.
    As I said before, I accept that Bush did nothing at all on his watch. But I do hold Cheney accountable.

    I also have learned that conservatives in general avoid accountability and personal responsibility like the plague so I have no different expectations from you.

    What I do expect, and you have not disappointed in this regard, is lots of unfounded blame.

    What this adds up to, of course, is the explanation of why conservatism has failed government, business, and religion yet people like you carry on undisappointed and unlearned.

    You and your friends and your media evangelists are what you are. It would be foolish to expect more from people whose heroes are Donald Trump, the Koch bros, Grover Norquist, Sheldon Adelson, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, John Boehner, Rick Perry, Roy Spencer, etc.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Here is something from Gallup that should interest everyone here.

    January 31, 2014
    State of the Union: The Public Weighs In on 10 Key Issues
    Where Americans stand on immigration, energy, minimum wage, and other issues

    State of the Union: The Public Weighs In on 10 Key Issues
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    02-08-14 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,124

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I find it interesting that even you cannot tell us how the collapse in 2008 affected you and your family but I do find it quite telling how Bush created that mess all by himself and the Democrat controlled Congress allowed it.
    After 7 years of incompetent governance you were surprised when the economy dumped in 2008????

    Amazing.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    02-08-14 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,124

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Here is something from Gallup that should interest everyone here.

    January 31, 2014
    State of the Union: The Public Weighs In on 10 Key Issues
    Where Americans stand on immigration, energy, minimum wage, and other issues

    State of the Union: The Public Weighs In on 10 Key Issues
    Where's the data?

  6. #206
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,896

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Making a blanket statement about conservatives in general avoiding accountability and personal responsibility doesn't reflect well on you any more than the moronic statements by some conservatives about all liberals. Difficult to take what you say seriously when you begin with a statement such as this.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by PMZ View Post
    Where's the data?
    Click on the link, Gallup explains everything under each heading.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #208
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,880

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I find it interesting that even you cannot tell us how the collapse in 2008 affected you and your family but I do find it quite telling how Bush created that mess all by himself and the Democrat controlled Congress allowed it.
    Strawman alert!

    The 2008 collapse really didn't affect me, personally, except the resulting fallout had me on the edge of a layoff for a few years. But it affected millions of others.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #209
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,880

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So we were told and that is exactly what you wanted to hear. How did the 2007-09 recession affect you and your family. We didn't go off the cliff, TARP prevented that. Obama lost an opportunity to make a difference and rather than focus on job growth, economic growth, deficit reduction he piled on, blamed Bush and his little minions are marching in lock step. Amazing how you and others have a very selective memory and understanding. You people have such low standards when it comes to leadership and results
    So when you make a verifiably false statement, and I call you on it, you immediately get your back up about how people are "blaming Bush." When did I mention Bush?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by PMZ View Post
    As I said before, I accept that Bush did nothing at all on his watch. But I do hold Cheney accountable.

    I also have learned that conservatives in general avoid accountability and personal responsibility like the plague so I have no different expectations from you.

    What I do expect, and you have not disappointed in this regard, is lots of unfounded blame.

    What this adds up to, of course, is the explanation of why conservatism has failed government, business, and religion yet people like you carry on undisappointed and unlearned.

    You and your friends and your media evangelists are what you are. It would be foolish to expect more from people whose heroes are Donald Trump, the Koch bros, Grover Norquist, Sheldon Adelson, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, John Boehner, Rick Perry, Roy Spencer, etc.
    Guess it comes from 35 years in the business world actually running a 200 million dollar a year business with over 1200 employees. You see, I understand leadership, I understand the responsibilities of leadership and I voted against Obama because of his resume in 2008 and his record in 2012. Unlike you I know what happened in 2008 and 2009 and the results today are terrible compared to what they would have been with good leadership. Obama can do one thing well and that is campaign placing blame. Too bad there are too many people like you who buy the rhetoric.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •