Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 96

Thread: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

  1. #11
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    And you don't live here, or the UK but that doesn't seem to stop you from misrepresenting how universal healthcare actually works in our nations.
    Where did I do that in this thread....Oh, I didn't...Fact.

    Cheaper than paying for crazy premiums and going bankrupt because I got sick.
    That's your opinion.

    If you do, that's great.
    I love where I live...Snow today, but near 60 degrees by this weekend....Mountains to one side of me, and Atlantic Ocean to the east...Lakes everywhere, and golf courses in every direction....Heaven on earth.

    I'm not saying you can't, but surely I'm allowed to be a proponent for what it is I believe in, and what I've witnessed to work.
    Didn't you just complain about me supposedly "misrepresenting" what you have, yet you feel it ok for you to do eh? Interesting.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Where did I do that in this thread....Oh, I didn't...Fact.



    That's your opinion.



    I love where I live...Snow today, but near 60 degrees by this weekend....Mountains to one side of me, and Atlantic Ocean to the east...Lakes everywhere, and golf courses in every direction....Heaven on earth.



    Didn't you just complain about me supposedly "misrepresenting" what you have, yet you feel it ok for you to do eh? Interesting.
    The lower cost most certainly is not an opinion. Anyone suggesting that the American system is cheaper is outright delusional.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I have lots of choice.

    This is the first time in my life I've had a long term relationship with healthcare in my area in Canada and for the most part (besides a couple of staff members, but that can happen anywhere) it's been pretty phenomenal, no one forces us to do anything and we have the choice of how we raise our newborn and the medical choices we make for him and ourselves.

    The other month I had some trouble with my knee, I was out of the doctors office and in X-Ray in 20 minutes.

    Can't argue with that.

    No bureaucrats involved like you believe.

    That's a myth.
    Then why are Canadians that can afford it leaving in droves for their serious healthcare needs.

    Your system works great if you have the flu. Not so much if you have a life-threatening condition.

    And I've heard this from multiple Canadians themselves. Not the media.

  4. #14
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,174

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We have heard since this law was first proposed in 2009, that Republicans have no alternatives. To some extent that is true, not in that Repubs didn't offer anything, indeed there were several plans put forth only to be set out there and blocked by Harry Reid, and then denounced as 'nothing to offer'....Well, here we go with another one. Will democrats again be the party of disingenuousness, and lie that nothing was put forward? Here are some key points of the latest proposal...



    It may not be a fix all, but it is a start, and a return to allowing American's to make the choice, not some government official....And further, it is something that American's want a return to, with nearly every measurement polled of the President's performance, from O-care, to trustworthiness Obama's, and democrat governance is coming in with approvals in the high 30s, and disapproval in the near 60% range....
    I like their proposal. Now let's see them craft it into a law and pass it. Not too many pages either, since that's one of the knocks on Obamacare. No exceptions to get certain members of Congress on board.

    The idea is fine, but until they actually make it into a bill it's empty rhetoric. Which given the timing....


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #15
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The lower cost most certainly is not an opinion. Anyone suggesting that the American system is cheaper is outright delusional.
    Obama promised that under his plan average families would see a savings of $2500. per family, so far, they have seen the exact opposite with the plans costing an average of $2500. more than what they had....So the delusion is yours my friend.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We have heard since this law was first proposed in 2009, that Republicans have no alternatives. To some extent that is true, not in that Repubs didn't offer anything, indeed there were several plans put forth only to be set out there and blocked by Harry Reid, and then denounced as 'nothing to offer'....Well, here we go with another one. Will democrats again be the party of disingenuousness, and lie that nothing was put forward? Here are some key points of the latest proposal...



    It may not be a fix all, but it is a start, and a return to allowing American's to make the choice, not some government official....And further, it is something that American's want a return to, with nearly every measurement polled of the President's performance, from O-care, to trustworthiness Obama's, and democrat governance is coming in with approvals in the high 30s, and disapproval in the near 60% range....
    So, sounds like if you have a pre-existing condition, as I do, which has kept you from getting insurance in the first place, you're still screwed, as it only covers changing from one insurer to another without a lapse in coverage.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #17
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    So, sounds like if you have a pre-existing condition, as I do, which has kept you from getting insurance in the first place, you're still screwed, as it only covers changing from one insurer to another without a lapse in coverage.
    Do you have insurance now?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The hardest thing to mandate is not denying coverage (or having extremely high premium rates) based on pre-existing conditions, and this proposal skirts that by assuming that all are now covered. Note that this proposal seems to allow not initially accepting anyone, it simply says that "continuous coverage" cannot be denied to those switching companies/policies. The problem occurs as follows: Joe has a very cheap policy (or none at all), then Joe gets seriously ill and wishes to "upgrade" his coverage (likely only for the duration of his expensive treatment) - the insurance company must then accept Joe's request only if Joe had prior coverage.
    I have asthma. Not serious but chronic. Puts me on the pre-existing condition list.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,453
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Do you have insurance now?
    No. Last I checked (pre ACA) it was either unobtanium or ludicrously expensive unless through work. In the process of joining the Stagehands union, where I'll get insurance. But that's a year or two off.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #20
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Senate Republicans pitch ObamaCare alternative on eve of presidential address

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    No. Last I checked (pre ACA) it was either unobtanium or ludicrously expensive unless through work. In the process of joining the Stagehands union, where I'll get insurance. But that's a year or two off.
    Better hurry, O-care's window is closing, you need that affordable insurance.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •