Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 501

Thread: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi [W:185]

  1. #411
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You may be right but I still feel safer in a bank then walking through a low income neighborhood at 2am.
    That's because the banks don't conk you on the head or put a gun in your face before taking your money. It's all nice and safe and peaceful.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #412
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi [W:185]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Just climb the ladder (posted by Disputatious in the political cartoon thread)

    It took me 30 years of hard work to go from less than zero to very comfortable. Thats 30 years of hard work, overtime, 2-3 jobs, and finding a way to fit in graduate school along the way. Hell...I have more living room in the loft of my barn today than my first apartment had. What...you expect someone to hand you not just a stepladder but a gold plated escalator to the penthouse?

    Life is no different today than yesterday. Millions of illegal immigrants come here today with nothing and start their own businesses. Every year we add thousands to the ranks of the millionaire club.

  3. #413
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi [W:185]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It took me 30 years of hard work to go from less than zero to very comfortable. Thats 30 years of hard work, overtime, 2-3 jobs, and finding a way to fit in graduate school along the way. Hell...I have more living room in the loft of my barn today than my first apartment had. What...you expect someone to hand you not just a stepladder but a gold plated escalator to the penthouse?

    Life is no different today than yesterday. Millions of illegal immigrants come here today with nothing and start their own businesses. Every year we add thousands to the ranks of the millionaire club.
    Good for you.

    You've always had to climb that ladder for yourself. It never was an escalator.

    But, it seems to me that the ladder into a middle class lifestyle is a lot harder to climb than it used to be.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #414
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi [W:185]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Good for you.

    You've always had to climb that ladder for yourself. It never was an escalator.

    But, it seems to me that the ladder into a middle class lifestyle is a lot harder to climb than it used to be.
    It wasnt exactly a picnic 30 years ago. Just sayin.

  5. #415
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi [W:185]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It wasnt exactly a picnic 30 years ago. Just sayin.
    No, probably not. I started the climb closer to 50 years ago, and it still wasn't easy. I think it was easier than than it was later, and even easier than it is today.

    Those middle class jobs are hard to find now. It used to be that a college degree meant something besides an ocean of student loan debt.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That's because the banks don't conk you on the head or put a gun in your face before taking your money. It's all nice and safe and peaceful.
    And it usually involves my signature.

    Banks, in fact, have contributed a lot to my personal wealth, such as it is, whereas the lower 10% have not contributed very much at all. I still prefer banks to look after my money rather than any alternative suggested so far.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi [W:185]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It took me 30 years of hard work to go from less than zero to very comfortable. Thats 30 years of hard work, overtime, 2-3 jobs, and finding a way to fit in graduate school along the way. Hell...I have more living room in the loft of my barn today than my first apartment had. What...you expect someone to hand you not just a stepladder but a gold plated escalator to the penthouse?

    Life is no different today than yesterday. Millions of illegal immigrants come here today with nothing and start their own businesses. Every year we add thousands to the ranks of the millionaire club.
    I'm a 'mature' man as well and see dozens of opportunities available to anyone who wants to be an independent entrepreneur. I'm just too lazy and independent now to bother with the bureaucracy and taxes but certainly suggest some ideas to my family and friends whenever they're interested.

  8. #418
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    I believe we should merely goad the wealthiest into insisting their public servants simply purchase the finest solutions money can buy, with an official Mint at their disposal, under our form of Capitalism.

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I believe we should merely goad the wealthiest into insisting their public servants simply purchase the finest solutions money can buy, with an official Mint at their disposal, under our form of Capitalism.
    You can't goad the wealthiest into anything, which is why it is great to be wealthy. It buys your freedom.

  10. #420
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    I am working on my political satire and comedy jokes.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •