Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 501

Thread: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi [W:185]

  1. #191
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh no, no you don't. You don't get to make a declarative statement then just brush it over, as though only your point gets to stand....It was NOT taken out of context, the excuse of Obama speaking about infrastructure like roads, was only the cover for a larger Marxist point he was making with that statement. If he doesn't want stupid things to be used as mantra's against him, then he shouldn't embrace such vitriolic, contemptible, and hyperbolic speech when he wants to attack those that disagree with him. He accomplished two things in that sentence, 1. he let his taker mentality base know that he understands they want more stuff at others expense, and 2. He threaten business by ramping up animosity felt by those who don't own businesses.
    The statement in context:


    "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If youíve got a business -- you didnít build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didnít get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
    but that's still beside the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Let's be clear here, it isn't only "Billionaires" that this vitriol and threat is directed at today, it is anyone that attains success. It was a billionaire that wrote the original article to the paper, but we are talking about a larger problem.
    If "anyone who attains success" means the middle class, then I totally disagree. The middle class is becoming an endangered species, with wealth concentrated in a few hands while the vast majority of Americans can only dream of being middle class.

    The way to counter this envy is to make attainment of middle class status as easy as it was back in the '50s and '60s, when I was working to attain that goal.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am sure that the rich during the French Revolution thought the same before anything happened...Didn't end too well for them did it now?
    So, we've gone from the billionaires being treated like Jews in Nazi Germany to the middle class being guillotined?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Note, after using the same joke more than twice it gets just plain dumb.



    Notice in that quote of scripture it doesn't say anywhere in it, "at the tip of the Roman Spear."
    nor did I suggest that government power be involved in any way.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ah, I see....So he only deserves your respect if he gives all of his money away eh? Pretty presumptuous of you Ditto.
    Nor did I say that. If he did give his money away and spend all of his energy and time trying to follow the admonitions of Christ, then he would make news.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #192
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The statement in context:




    but that's still beside the point.
    My points stand.

    If "anyone who attains success" means the middle class, then I totally disagree. The middle class is becoming an endangered species, with wealth concentrated in a few hands while the vast majority of Americans can only dream of being middle class.
    Why are you trying so hard to dishonestly frame what I said...It isn't the false dichotomy you present here...It's not either billionaire, or middle class thousandaire...There are many in between. This OWS, meme about wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, is just part of the narrative that feeds the threat.

    The way to counter this envy is to make attainment of middle class status as easy as it was back in the '50s and '60s, when I was working to attain that goal.
    Bring manufacturing back, bring capital back, open up Keystone (at this point there is NO reason to continue to block it), open up drilling. But this narrative that the pie is static, and that we can only be as prosperous as the lowest common denominator is foolish period.

    nor did I suggest that government power be involved in any way.
    You may not suggest it, but that is the theme we see today.

    Nor did I say that. If he did give his money away and spend all of his energy and time trying to follow the admonitions of Christ, then he would make news.
    Oh, so you are into making nonsense points to junk things up....I get it....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #193
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    My points stand.
    But not on their own. They have to be propped up by BS, as there are no facts to support them.


    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why are you trying so hard to dishonestly frame what I said...It isn't the false dichotomy you present here...It's not either billionaire, or middle class thousandaire...There are many in between. This OWS, meme about wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, is just part of the narrative that feeds the threat.
    Wealth is concentrated in the hands of the few. That is a fact. More and more of it is in fewer and fewer hands. That is also a fact. How we deal with that fact is the issue.


    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Bring manufacturing back, bring capital back, open up Keystone (at this point there is NO reason to continue to block it), open up drilling. But this narrative that the pie is static, and that we can only be as prosperous as the lowest common denominator is foolish period.
    Yes, encourage workers to be represented by unions, educate the youth in science, mathematics, technology and make college more affordable, there are lots of things that could be done to bring back middle class America.



    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You may not suggest it, but that is the theme we see today.

    Yes, on that we agree. The government forcing people to give up wealth is not the way to go. We've seen the results of "nationalizing" in other nations.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, so you are into making nonsense points to junk things up....I get it....
    Not to "junk things up", but to illustrate that having wealth must not be such a bad thing. Few are willing to get rid of it and go live like the hoy polloy.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #194
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    1) 3% increase in top marginal tax brackets
    2) Genocide

    Ugh, such a tough choice to make.
    Clearly you missed the analogy to the "demonization" of a group of people, not the outcomes, and jumped right into more demonization.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    your innaction and deafness is the same as the German population before the rise of Hitler.. you speak like each year Obama not stirring up more hatred and he is..
    Your right if someone wanted to send you to a gas chamber I may not actually say anything.

  6. #196
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    your innaction and deafness is the same as the German population before the rise of Hitler.. you speak like each year Obama not stirring up more hatred and he is..
    hitler-phone.jpg

  7. #197
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    But not on their own. They have to be propped up by BS, as there are no facts to support them.
    Oh come now...Just because you want so hard to dismiss the thought of it, I think you are letting your own opinion get in the way. It is clear what the push of Obama was with that narrative...And many American's found it offensive.


    Wealth is concentrated in the hands of the few. That is a fact. More and more of it is in fewer and fewer hands. That is also a fact. How we deal with that fact is the issue.
    We could deal with it in many ways that have nothing to do with Government intervention.

    Yes, encourage workers to be represented by unions, educate the youth in science, mathematics, technology and make college more affordable, there are lots of things that could be done to bring back middle class America.
    Union membership is a relic of a foregone past. They no longer have a place in today's society. Many have seen, and hopefully learned the lesson of what out of control negotiations have done to harm business, and jobs, and don't want to repeat that nightmare. As for education I agree. We need stronger focus on educating our young people, and less focus on nonsense degrees, and tenured, bloated administrations that do little to educate, and are all about protecting the academic bloat.

    Yes, on that we agree. The government forcing people to give up wealth is not the way to go. We've seen the results of "nationalizing" in other nations.
    Agreed, but the current populist bent, unfortunately is all about nationalizing.

    Not to "junk things up", but to illustrate that having wealth must not be such a bad thing. Few are willing to get rid of it and go live like the hoy polloy.
    Why should they? If I worked hard all my life to build wealth, and did things right to get there, why should I just give it up? What's the incentive in that case to get there?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Your right if someone wanted to send you to a gas chamber I may not actually say anything.
    classy... good to know my insticts are never wrong..

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    is that some sort of sick comedy?...considering this sub human killed part of one side of my family
    Last edited by Travis007; 01-28-14 at 03:17 PM.

  10. #200
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Silicon Valley billionaire compares treatment of America's rich to Nazi persecuti

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    is that some sort of sick comedy?...consdiering this sub human killed part of one side of my family

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •