Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Last Seen
    10-14-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,543

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    A seagull and a black crow swept down on the doves after they were set free from the Apostolic Palace during the Pope's weekly Angelus prayer.

    Tens of thousands of people watched as one dove struggled to break free.

    But the crow pecked repeatedly at the other dove. It's not clear what happened to the doves that flew away.

    See more of this article (With photos.) here:BBC News - Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull




    What message does anyone believe that God sent to to the worlds people by allowing this to happen?

    It kind of looks like He rejected the Pope's peace gesture.

    What might that mean for the future of the world?
    The Lord provides for all the earths creatures. The fowls of the air recently dined on nice fat domestic doves from the very seat of God upon on earth. How can this not be appropriate ?

  2. #12
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Or obtain some peregrine falcons that avoid doves but are pure hell on crows and seagulls
    the Pope can tell the more gullible that said hawks are the Archangels Michael and Gabriel!
    !



    Works for me and I'm sure that lots of people will believe that.

  3. #13
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Works for me and I'm sure that lots of people will believe that.
    well if the Angels struck down the Egyptians during Passover, its just as believable when they tear the crap out of heathen gulls and crows. I always thought both those birds were the devil's spawn anyway!



  4. #14
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbler View Post
    The Lord provides for all the earths creatures.
    The fowls of the air recently dined on nice fat domestic doves from the very seat of God upon on earth. How can this not be appropriate ?



    It's the way that life works - some days you have a nice lunch, some days you are lunch.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    -- What message does anyone believe that God sent to to the worlds people by allowing this to happen?

    It kind of looks like He rejected the Pope's peace gesture.

    What might that mean for the future of the world?
    It's not the first time and won't be the last time. Just looks like the local carnivores have learnt to wait for hapless docile flying food to be released unwillingly to serve as dinner.

    It's an obsolete gesture and simply serves as feeding time for the seagulls.

  6. #16
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    To be honest, I never realized seagulls eat other birds...maybe just the Italian variety?

    And further, I'll take crows over doves. Ever see one up close? Crows are beautifull.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,272

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    A seagull and a black crow swept down on the doves after they were set free from the Apostolic Palace during the Pope's weekly Angelus prayer.

    Tens of thousands of people watched as one dove struggled to break free.

    But the crow pecked repeatedly at the other dove. It's not clear what happened to the doves that flew away.

    See more of this article (With photos.) here:BBC News - Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull




    What message does anyone believe that God sent to to the worlds people by allowing this to happen?

    It kind of looks like He rejected the Pope's peace gesture.

    What might that mean for the future of the world?
    Don't worry. But remember! Doves often fall prey.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,272

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    To be honest, I never realized seagulls eat other birds...maybe just the Italian variety?

    And further, I'll take crows over doves. Ever see one up close? Crows are beautifull.
    Most birds are mean, but some only carcasses.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    To be honest, I never realized seagulls eat other birds...maybe just the Italian variety?

    And further, I'll take crows over doves. Ever see one up close? Crows are beautifull.
    I'm a fellow Corvidae lover myself

  10. #20
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Pope's peace doves attacked by crow and seagull

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    To be honest, I never realized seagulls eat other birds...maybe just the Italian variety?

    And further, I'll take crows over doves. Ever see one up close? Crows are beautifull.
    yeah they are-I have shot dozens of them. seagulls are nasty beasts though



Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •