Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 244

Thread: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

  1. #201
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) How does the issue of SA address anything I wrote? 2) Yes, really. The whole idea of pursuing regime change was based on events in Libya. Perception of those events might have been flawed, but that doesn't change the fact that countries like france were responding to events within Libya and what they thought was an advantages development
    Oh I'm not denying the French involvement, but I'm not French.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #202
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) it still wouldn't address anything I wrote

    2) what are you even talking about? I never mentioned supporting anything in SA and I made clear I was still skeptical of our actions in Libya
    Well, I'm sorry, it wasn't clear to me before. But your skepticism of it is clear to me now, therefore I really have no disagreement with you.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #203
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Um...a bank owned by the Rothschild family? There are plenty of other banks.

    Yes, I would like an independent source to verify the idea that over a million people took to the streets to protest NATO intervention. It's impossible that no western journalists would have been able to notice this. I would demand the same evidence if it was made by rebel supporters, by the way.


    Here's what I wrote, with the part that you left out



    You mean the people he's droning

    That asshole got what was coming to him, for Lockerbie, La Belle, and Black September. I would advocate getting rid of him a majority of his brainwashed country did buy into his cult of personality. The fact that a sizable amount hated him and wanted democracy made intervention an even better undertaking



    Let me guess...you just looked at my lean and assumed my position on the matter. I'm ambivalent on Iraq - Saddam needed to go, but I'm not sure it was worth 4000 American lives, and I think our focus should have been on Afghanistan.
    :0) Obviously what you claim to 'lean' doesn't mean anything .. that's pretty common.

    Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan .. makes little difference, they are all failed wars.

    Good job warmongers .. damn good job.
    “No people can be both ignorant and free.”
    - Thomas Jefferson

  4. #204
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh I'm not denying the French involvement, but I'm not French.

    you're not making any sense

  5. #205
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    this wasn't a populist uprising, far from it. It was the selected tribes from east Africa.
    I think the uprising was geographic. But limited involvement in it does not translate into support for Qaddafi, the idea that people want him to remain in power, or that they don't support his removal. Like I said earlier, involvement could be limited for any number of reasons, besides there was no support for the rebels, including credible fear of retaliation from the regime and his success in addressing insurgents in the past and his ability to control the narrative in country

  6. #206
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    :0) Obviously what you claim to 'lean' doesn't mean anything .. that's pretty common.

    Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan .. makes little difference, they are all failed wars.

    Good job warmongers .. damn good job.
    Just and FYI, since you seem intent on harping on it: I was asking how you defined a Rothschild bank because there are multiple independent institutions that share the Rothchild name and b) we were offering no details on what basis you were claiming these banks were controlled by the Rothschilds, besides that they charged interest.

    So, yes, I continue to be lost on what is a "rothchilds bank"

  7. #207
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    you're not making any sense
    I'm not French. The people of France can be up their governments ass sideways, I'm concerned with what my government is using my tax dollars to do, and how the civilian leadership is using our military around the world.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #208
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    :0) Obviously what you claim to 'lean' doesn't mean anything .. that's pretty common.

    Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan .. makes little difference, they are all failed wars.

    Good job warmongers .. damn good job.
    I'm still waiting for you to explain why you misrepresented my jihad quote
    Last edited by MadLib; 02-01-14 at 07:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  9. #209
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I'm not French. The people of France can be up their governments ass sideways, I'm concerned with what my government is using my tax dollars to do, and how the civilian leadership is using our military around the world.
    this discussions stems from me pointing out that the reason people supported regime change in Libya was due to the fact that there seemed a real opposition movement was capable of dislodging Gaddafi, as opposed to Iran.

    So yeah, I'm still lost on what you are responding to

  10. #210
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    this discussions stems from me pointing out that the reason people supported regime change in Libya was due to the fact that there seemed a real opposition movement was capable of dislodging Gaddafi, as opposed to Iran.

    So yeah, I'm still lost on what you are responding to
    Ok, sorry Dr. C
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •