Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 244

Thread: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

  1. #181
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    For some reason BAC, none of this seems to matter to those determined to support American aggression in the ME. Like minions of patronizing robots, US actions are always framed in moral superiority, regardless. This is what concerns me about China and Russia's positions of late.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #182
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin' Monte.....Yeah I am not into the nation building deal at all. Not when we need to be building our own. If there is some alterior motive we don't know about. I would think we would see some sort of pattern. I don't see it anywhere.

    But I have been waiting to see all those pics of the Genocide that they say Gadhafi was committing. For some reason.....none have been able to show such Right before the West jumped him.
    pack of lies most likely, such as the Viagra rape crap Susan Rice was peddling.

    IF I recall the Iran election was before the Libyan war, and Obama said nothing about the Basij run wild in the streets of Tehran.
    If ever there was a time to say something it was when Neda was shot by Revolutionary Guards or some part of that regime ("Remember Neda")

    it was described as "probably the most widely witnessed death in human history".[14]
    Death of Neda Agha-Soltan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So Obama decides he's going to regime change Libya - Mr. Screw Up that he is in foreign wars. Just my take on the sordid affair, but it fits.
    Last edited by annata; 02-01-14 at 12:57 PM.
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  3. #183
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    pack of lies most likely, such as the Viagra rape crap Susan Rice was peddling.

    IF I recall the Iran election was before the Libyan war, and Obama said nothing about the Basij run wild in the streets of Tehran.
    If ever there was a time to say something it was when Neda was shot by Revolutionary Guards or some part of that regime ("Remember Neda")

    it was described as "probably the most widely witnessed death in human history".[14]
    Death of Neda Agha-Soltan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So Obama decides he's going to regime change Libya - Mr. Screw Up that he is in foreign wars. Just my take on the sordid affair, but it fits.
    I think it was the Libyans who decided on regime change, and once we saw that they were able to leverage force, and make gains against Gaddafi's security forces (all lacking in Iran), other powers decided they would support them (with the US coming in rather late). Their precarious position was only discovered later when it was realized that what many took as a mass routing was more a reorganization of the state's security forces

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    pack of lies most likely, such as the Viagra rape crap Susan Rice was peddling.

    IF I recall the Iran election was before the Libyan war, and Obama said nothing about the Basij run wild in the streets of Tehran.
    If ever there was a time to say something it was when Neda was shot by Revolutionary Guards or some part of that regime ("Remember Neda")

    it was described as "probably the most widely witnessed death in human history".[14]
    Death of Neda Agha-Soltan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So Obama decides he's going to regime change Libya - Mr. Screw Up that he is in foreign wars. Just my take on the sordid affair, but it fits.


    Well lets not forget who Gadhafi was rubbing elbows with in those UK Castle parties.....Nor Bilbo cutting a message to Gadhafi telling him to step aside. They thought he would take Bilbo's advice.....huh?

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I think it was the Libyans who decided on regime change, and once we saw that they were able to leverage force, and make gains against Gaddafi's security forces (all lacking in Iran), other powers decided they would support them (with the US coming in rather late). Their precarious position was only discovered later when it was realized that what many took as a mass routing was more a reorganization of the state's security forces

    Do they have Muhjadeen in Libya that had any type of Authority and or Control of any part of Libya? What about the Saud? Any communities of them hanging out in Libya? Any control?

    What gains did any make against Gadhafi prior to the Advent of the NO Fly Zone? Which Berber tribes ever accepted any traitors coming out of Gadhafi's own forces?

    This whole nation change with Gadhafi was brought on by the French.....again, who was in the UN filing resolutions against Libya, the Ivory Coast, Somalia and the Central Republic of Africa. Course lets not forget Syria.....and who has billions tied up in Iran.

  6. #186
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I think it was the Libyans who decided on regime change, and once we saw that they were able to leverage force, and make gains against Gaddafi's security forces (all lacking in Iran), other powers decided they would support them (with the US coming in rather late). Their precarious position was only discovered later when it was realized that what many took as a mass routing was more a reorganization of the state's security forces
    No. The NTC stalled in their advances, that much I know for sure . These were the "pick up truck" guys, everyt ime they tried to break out of Bengazi Qaddafi shelled them.
    Wasn't the first time they tried to break out, this happened a few times, and Qaddafi rightly put down the insurrection(s)

    The "humanitarian war" I'm not all that up on, I do know the NTC could not take Misrata - same thing - Qaddafi was shelling them.
    NATO had to come in and literally bomb their every step of advance to take Misrata. ( how do you "humanely bomb a city?)

    Point being the NTC wasn't a popular uprising, they picked up no popular support on the way to Tripoli. none. Then the sodomizing of Qaddafi outside Sirte ( with a dagger)
    by the 'rebels' before someone put a bullet thru Qaddafi's head. Then they stuck his body in the frozen foods aisle of a local grocery for a few day ( an abomination for Muslims)

    The US hit the Qaddafi convoy with a missile - that WAS the regime change. We decided "Qaddafi must go" way past the UN mandate.
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  7. #187
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Do they have Muhjadeen in Libya that had any type of Authority and or Control of any part of Libya? What about the Saud? Any communities of them hanging out in Libya? Any control?
    i'm not sure what you are asking

    What gains did any make against Gadhafi prior to the Advent of the NO Fly Zone? Which Berber tribes ever accepted any traitors coming out of Gadhafi's own forces?

    This whole nation change with Gadhafi was brought on by the French.....again, who was in the UN filing resolutions against Libya, the Ivory Coast, Somalia and the Central Republic of Africa. Course lets not forget Syria.....and who has billions tied up in Iran.
    No, the rebels were able to make temporary gains early in the conflict while the state security forces pulled back and regrouped. Which gave the impression that they had a significant chance of overthrowing the regime. It was only later, after the french came out in open support, that it was apparent that the security force pullback was intentional and strategic

  8. #188
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    No. The NTC stalled in their advances, that much I know for sure .
    Yes, stalled after their original gains that gave the appearance they represented a significant threat to the regime


    Point being the NTC wasn't a popular uprising, they picked up no popular support on the way to Tripoli. none. Then the sodomizing of Qaddafi outside Sirte ( with a dagger)
    If anyone has any actual figures on breakdown of support no one is stopping you from posting them

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    i'm not sure what you are asking

    What gains did any make against Gadhafi prior to the Advent of the NO Fly Zone? Which Berber tribes ever accepted any traitors coming out of Gadhafi's own forces?



    No, the rebels were able to make temporary gains early in the conflict while the state security forces pulled back and regrouped. Which gave the impression that they had a significant chance of overthrowing the regime. It was only later, after the french came out in open support, that it was apparent that the security force pullback was intentional and strategic
    Oh I see what you are saying now Doc.....thanks for clarification. Yeah that's exactly what took place.

  10. #190
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Egyptian embassy staff "seized" in Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    For some reason BAC, none of this seems to matter to those determined to support American aggression in the ME. Like minions of patronizing robots, US actions are always framed in moral superiority, regardless. This is what concerns me about China and Russia's positions of late.
    I don't care what people think who are blind to our horrors. They support the evil of monsters. The goal is never to convince those who support evil, the goal is to speak truth that evil. Where are all the democrats who claimed to be antiwar when Bush was in office .. claimed to believe in the sanctity of innocent human life? That was all partisan bull****. Today they hardly make a peep while Obama wages war on planet earth using the exact same tactics that there were screaming about when Bush was using them.

    Amazingly, much of the world is increasingly looking to China, Russia, and the SCO to protect them from the war-mongering West.
    The foreign policy of a rising China
    “No people can be both ignorant and free.”
    - Thomas Jefferson

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •