Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 205

Thread: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

  1. #191
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    I have to wonder if this is one of the reasons they did not sign the death certificate when she died in November, so they technically bill for services. Since they have now acknowledged she has been dead for 2 months, I cannot see how they could legally charge a dime.

    And since the judge has acknowledged the law did not pertain to dead people....they really have no cause to charge. They probably (clearly definitely)should have gone to the courts in November.

    Can you imagine that as insurance nickel and dimes living patients who need the care....they pay full out on a dead woman for 2 months of critical care???I would be so surprised if that happened.
    They can charge up to the second he wanted to take his wife off life support (obviously).

  2. #192
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    I have to wonder if this is one of the reasons they did not sign the death certificate when she died in November, so they technically bill for services. Since they have now acknowledged she has been dead for 2 months, I cannot see how they could legally charge a dime.

    And since the judge has acknowledged the law did not pertain to dead people....they really have no cause to charge. They probably (clearly definitely)should have gone to the courts in November.

    Can you imagine that as insurance nickel and dimes living patients who need the care....they pay full out on a dead woman for 2 months of critical care???I would be so surprised if that happened.
    if they charge for ANYTHING past the moment he let them know his wife doesnt want to be on machines he should add that to the very strong court case he already has, if needed i hope this goes all the way to SCOTUS.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #193
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,300

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    They can charge up to the second he wanted to take his wife off life support (obviously).
    So they should have no charges after NOvember 28th 2013.

  4. #194
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,952

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    A person on life support is not 'decaying.'
    She was decaying.
    Her brain was dead. It had been denied oxygen and blood for an extended period time.

    The brain was decaying and since she could not clear her airways it is very likly her digestive system
    Was starting to decay too.

    This woman was not in a coma or a vegetive state.
    She was dead and try as they might they cannot stop a dead body from decaying.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  5. #195
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    She was decaying.
    Her brain was dead. It had been denied oxygen and blood for an extended period time.

    The brain was decaying and since she could not clear her airways it is very likly her digestive system
    Was starting to decay too.

    This woman was not in a coma or a vegetive state.
    She was dead and try as they might they cannot stop a dead body from decaying.
    Not to mention Atrophy starts as a person stops moving, coma, life-support. Atrophy is the breakdown of organs and tissue...decay.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  6. #196
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,952

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    And this could turn into another Karen Quinlan case:



    Karen Ann Quinlan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If it does and the woman does not die when removed from life support, then the fetus will come to term and be delivered anyway.
    Karen was not brain dead she was in a permanent vegetive state.

    Apples and oranges as the say.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  7. #197
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,300

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Karen was not brain dead she was in a permanent vegetive state.

    Apples and oranges as the say.
    I do not get why Quinlon is even brought up. PVS was nowhere near brain death.

  8. #198
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You can't possibly be serious. You do realize that life sustaining treatment is for people who are... you know... alive? This is why the law was being misapplied to begin with:

    Compassion and Support - End-of-Life and Palliative Care Planning, MOLST for New York State



    This woman was not on life support for an illness or disease. She did not have a treatable condition. She was for all intended purposes: dead. Anti-choicers tried to turn her body into an incubation chamber under a law they misapplied.
    Your link is for New York. This case is in Texas.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  9. #199
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,300

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Your link is for New York. This case is in Texas.
    Can you at least acknowledge that she has been dead since November 28th 2013 - according to the doctors, the hospital, and her husband?

    Can you at least acknowledge that the judge ruled that the law in question does not apply since she was dead?

  10. #200
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Can you at least acknowledge that she has been dead since November 28th 2013 - according to the doctors, the hospital, and her husband?

    Can you at least acknowledge that the judge ruled that the law in question does not apply since she was dead?
    I am quite aware of what has been in the press about this case. She has been on life support all that time, not death support. It is fairly well a moot point right now, though. Take a break and get your states straightened out.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •