Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 205

Thread: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

  1. #101
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,497

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    No you haven't. You've posted their position on when life sustaining treatment (as stated under law) may become unnecessary and are under no further obligation to provide. You have not demonstrated any malfeasance on the part of the hospital.
    Bull****, Ben....

    You're just being lazy. You want ME to go back and cherry pick my posts and collect post numbers. I posted that information several times.

    And besides...if you simply disagree...then so be it. No skin off my teeth...or finger tips.

  2. #102
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)It is true, rights are held by the individual, not property. A corpse is not human, it is not an individual, it is not even alive. It is at best property, and property has no rights.

    2.)These are just emotional arguments you're making because you are caught up in the case. Emotion has no place in law.
    1.) again not true as already discussed and theres more people involved than just the the wife
    2.) nope they are legal ones

    besides me saying this would never have to me, which was emotional

    the rest i base on law, thanks but you dont get to make that decision, you can try and give me your opinion but just like mine thats all it is

    and so far you havent presented anything that sways my opinion not one logical thing, not sure why this bothers you especially on an opinion debate which i dont even usually do on most topics.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #103
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) again not true as already discussed and theres more people involved than just the the wife
    2.) nope they are legal ones

    besides me saying this would never have to me, which was emotional

    the rest i base on law, thanks but you dont get to make that decision, you can try and give me your opinion but just like mine thats all it is

    and so far you havent presented anything that sways my opinion not one logical thing, not sure why this bothers you especially on an opinion debate which i dont even usually do on most topics.
    it's not already discussed, you just made a statement and pretended it to be fact. But rights are rooted in the individual and to be an individual you must be alive. Dead things are dead, inanimate objects have no rights. You can disagree with that all you want, it is your right; but you're wrong. It's just not possible for inanimate objects to possess rights.

    The law, BTW, was that the body had to be kept warm in order to preserve the life of the unborn; so obviously you are not basing your arguments on law, but rather what you'd like the law to be. Emotion has clouded your reason.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #104
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)You are in fact talking about property vs. life, no matter how much you wish to hide it.
    2.) The husband has right to property over the corpse of his former wife.
    3.)The fetus is a living, human organism.
    4.) It's very clearly property vs. life for anyone who wants to be honest enough to admit it.
    1.) nope just your opinions
    its funny i thought you just got angry and almost had meltdowns when facts defeat your posts but even when talking opinion if someone simply doesnt agree you get flustered to, thats weird.
    2.) wife/husband/family all have rights
    3.) yes that is correct
    4.) nope just your opinion LMAO keep trying though its cute and funny
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #105
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) nope just your opinions
    its funny i thought you just got angry and almost had meltdowns when facts defeat your posts but even when talking opinion if someone simply doesnt agree you get flustered to, thats weird.
    2.) wife/husband/family all have rights
    3.) yes that is correct
    4.) nope just your opinion LMAO keep trying though its cute and funny
    There's no flustering here, you're inventing it to satiate your own ego.

    I never said that the husband didn't have rights. I did in fact say that he had right to property in this case. It is very clearly the life of the fetus vs the property rights of the husband. No matter how much you want to say otherwise, you cannot distract from this fact. Live vs. property, you come down on the side of property and I come down on the side of life. That's all there is to it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #106
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)Quit lying, I never claimed everyone was dead.
    2.) I did in fact state that the husband has property rights, do please try to keep up.
    3.) You're being overly emotional and it's not helping your arguments.
    1.) you said they are already at rest they are dead when talkign about my family
    2.) im ahead of you since i never claimed you didnt say this lol
    3.) no emotions involved at all in this, you fail again

    like i said i only had ONE post based on emotion, the rest i base on my opinion and law, this is afact you can never change
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #107
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    He didn't describe 'decaying.' He described contractures, a normal muscle event when someone becomes comatose. If there is an anticipation the person will come out of the coma, the staff is supposed to move the limbs and exercise the muscles so they will not become immovable.
    I was referring to the husband stating that when he went to kiss her forehead, she smelled like death, instead of her usual scent.

  8. #108
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Bull****, Ben....

    You're just being lazy. You want ME to go back and cherry pick my posts and collect post numbers. I posted that information several times.

    And besides...if you simply disagree...then so be it. No skin off my teeth...or finger tips.
    No, you simply can't go back and read. You clearly stated the hospital was using "underhanded techniques". I asked you to prove that in any sense. You tell me to read. I read what the hospital intended. I don't see what the underhanded techniques are.

    You're in support of lazy legislation staying on the books until the next controversy comes around I take it? It should state a brain dead persons status is decided by next of kin or living will....no exceptions of pregnancy.

  9. #109
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    1.)it's not already discussed, you just made a statement and pretended it to be fact.
    2.) But rights are rooted in the individual and to be an individual you must be alive. Dead things are dead, inanimate objects have no rights. You can disagree with that all you want, it is your right; but you're wrong. It's just not possible for inanimate objects to possess rights.

    3.) The law, BTW, was that the body had to be kept warm in order to preserve the life of the unborn;
    4.) so obviously you are not basing your arguments on law, but rather what you'd like the law to be.
    5.) Emotion has clouded your reason.
    1.) thats because its true per the examples
    2.) see 1#
    3.) yes this was the texas law
    4.) wrong again and your dishonest is further showing, i have stated the hospital did the right thing BY TEXAS LAW and i have also said the the law needs challenged because in my opinion it violates other laws and rights. So YES i am factually basing it on law
    5.) lol another failed lie and defleciton
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #110
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Judge: brain-dead pregnant woman to be removed from life support

    And this could turn into another Karen Quinlan case:

    When she was 22, Quinlan became unconscious after arriving home from a party. She had consumed diazepam, dextropropoxyphene, and alcohol (however, it is disputed whether any drugs (diazepam, dextropropoxyphene) were found in her system). After she collapsed and stopped breathing twice for 15 minutes or more, the paramedics arrived and took her to a hospital, where she lapsed into a persistent vegetative state. After she was kept alive on a ventilator for several months without improvement, her parents requested the hospital to discontinue active care and allow her to die. The hospital refused, and the subsequent legal battles made newspaper headlines and set significant precedents. The New Jersey Supreme Court eventually ruled in her parents' favor. Although Quinlan was removed from mechanical ventilation during 1976, she lived on in a persistent vegetative state for almost a decade until her death from pneumonia in 1985.
    Karen Ann Quinlan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    If it does and the woman does not die when removed from life support, then the fetus will come to term and be delivered anyway.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •