Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 305

Thread: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

  1. #201
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wasn't it you who time traveled back to settlers of this nation, and the early US to highlight our own illegitimacy as a nation? I see, only you can do that right?



    No one is warmongering...It would be nice though if we didn't just drop our pants and lay prostrate in hopes that our enemies will somehow like us...Your contempt of your own nation noted.
    No, that was just to demonstrate that it permeates our entire history and founding. And diplomacy, and suing for peace is not dropping ones drawers. Inexperience with compromise and negotiation, inferior intelligence and greed and selfishness drive people to hostilities. Peace is Nobel, you may mock it all you like, but just make sure its you and your kids leading the charge of the next country you'd like to launch a pre-emptive strike on because if not, they MIGHT do something to us. And, my contempt is for war, not my country. But nice try.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #202
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    If in the pursuance of their interests innocent civilians get killed and YOU wish to define that as murder, then when the US kills innocent civilians in pursuant of our interests, it too must be murder. The point being apdst, the label you attach to the death is meaningless to the Iraqi, Pakistani, Afghani, Yemeni civilians dying by US aggressions in their neighbourhoods. It's murder when they do it and its always foreign policy when we do it.
    That's collateral damage. Not murder. The US never took 53 people hostage and held them for 444 days, like the Iranians.

    Why you would trash your own country and defend a terrorist state is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's collateral damage. Not murder. The US never took 53 people hostage and held them for 444 days, like the Iranians.

    Why you would trash your own country and defend a terrorist state is beyond me.
    Why you would dismiss the senseless killing of hundreds of thousands of civilians as collateral damage, is what's beyond reason. It shows your lack of respect for human life. We blow children up and eh, it's just collateral damage, anybody else does it and its murder. Dear lord, there is no help.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #204
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Do you even have a clue what was agreed on? (yeah, that is kind of a problem for everyone. Nobody seems to know the details....)
    No, I don't what was agreed upon...I guess it's a big secret since even the people who made the agreement don't seem to know what was agreed upon! For something as important as this could be, you'd think they'd be shouting it from the rooftops! It's a shame we have to read foreign newspapers to learn what's going on in our own country, though! Perhaps if the MSM would stop the daily character assassinations they seem to be so fond of covering, and instead concentrated on giving us the news that affects us all, we'd all be better informed!

    Greetings, Cole.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    But the Gallop poll is specific to who the world views as the greatest threat to world peace. The poll understands Iran can't threaten the peace of the whole world, but the US can and does.
    You have either misread my point or ignored it.

  6. #206
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, that was just to demonstrate that it permeates our entire history and founding. And diplomacy, and suing for peace is not dropping ones drawers. Inexperience with compromise and negotiation, inferior intelligence and greed and selfishness drive people to hostilities. Peace is Nobel, you may mock it all you like, but just make sure its you and your kids leading the charge of the next country you'd like to launch a pre-emptive strike on because if not, they MIGHT do something to us. And, my contempt is for war, not my country. But nice try.
    I see a little backpedaling from you there...But, I will say that I served my country for peace, so I don't need some snot nosed kid telling me how I should think because he thinks that his liberal college professors have the answers...What have you done? Have you traveled to another land in service of peace? Have you done anything larger than your selfish, feel good bloviating, and regurgitation of borderline communist punk professors that also dodged their own commitments to this nation, and you look to as hero figures...Peace is noble, and to stand in uniform protecting that hope, or even fighting to ensure that a future peace can be achieved is of the most noble of endeavors. You don't understand that because your mind has been polluted to see those in uniform as tools of war, and I see them as necessary tools for peace.

    I don't want to strike Iran, however, I will not just give into their desires in order to avoid any conflict either...It is akin to giving the bully your lunch money not to beat you up...Your words do show a contempt for the US, as well as a propensity to blame the US for the ills of the world...Maybe it is you that should step back and check yourself, but that comes with time, age, and wisdom....We will see.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #207
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's collateral damage. Not murder. The US never took 53 people hostage and held them for 444 days, like the Iranians.

    Why you would trash your own country and defend a terrorist state is beyond me.
    Why you would defend the killing of innocent people is beyond me.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #208
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,696

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by WillyPete View Post
    Those attitudes had started changing before the coup. The coup empowered and legitimized those radicals.
    Again, false. But funny to see you change your argument all the same. The people supported the Shah, not Khomeini. What "legitimized" Khomeini in the eyes of his followers was the Qur'an and Islam. Khomeini and his followers saw granting legal rights to women and non-Muslims to be a threat to Islam. If the coup was the catalyst then why not go back to the Soviet backed coup of 1921? Or the 1905 Constitutional revolution? You conveniently pick the US as the bad guy and ignore history.


    The coup was a UK\USA venture triggered because the Mohammad Mosaddegh was planning to nationalize their oil industry, and vague fears of Communist influence. That Iranian monster had to be stopped!
    You don't seem to know your Iranian history all that well. It would make sense that you choose to place the blame for Iran's current state on the US given that you don't seem to know anything about the country before the 1950s. There wasn't anything vague about the Communist influence. Reza Shah Pahlavi (Reza Khan) took the Iranian throne and crushed the Qajar dynasty in 1921 commanding an army of Soviet Cossacks. The Soviets had previously taken large swaths of former Persia from the Qajar dynasty and created the Persian Soviet Socialist Republic, from which Reza Khan launched his 1921 coup.

    "Vague Communist Influence"?

    If we had left well enough alone in the '50s, they may well have placed those reform on their own by now.
    Hah! If they hadn't been so quick they'd be done by now?

    The West created the situation we face today.
    False, again. Your evaluation is myopic and stinks of bias. You simply WANT your explanation to be true so you ignore everything that came for 1950.

    You should probably read the links you post.

    Pay close attention to how Mosaddegh handled the constitutional dispute between him and the Shah over cabinet appointments:

    "On 16 July 1952, during the royal approval of his new cabinet, Mosaddegh insisted on the constitutional prerogative of the Prime Minister to name a Minister of War and the Chief of Staff, something the Shah had done up to that point. The Shah refused, and Mosaddegh announced his resignation appealing directly to the public for support, pronouncing that "in the present situation, the struggle started by the Iranian people cannot be brought to a victorious conclusion".[37]

    Veteran politician Ahmad Qavam (also known as Ghavam os-Saltaneh) was appointed as Iran's new Prime Minister. On the day of his appointment, he announced his intention to resume negotiations with the British to end the oil dispute, a reversal of Mosaddegh's policy. The National Front — along with various Nationalist, Islamist, and socialist parties and groups[38] — including Tudeh — responded by calling for protests, strikes and mass demonstrations in favor of Mosaddegh. Major strikes broke out in all of Iran's major towns, with the Bazaar closing down in Tehran. Over 250 demonstrators in Tehran, Hamadan, Ahvaz, Isfahan, and Kermanshah were killed or suffered serious injuries.[39]"
    So when Mosaddegh didn't get everything he wanted, he called on his communist, nationalist and Islamist thugs to crack heads until the Shah agreed to his terms.

    Tell me again how he was going to modernize the Iranian culture? He was the maniac who introduced the Islamists to strong arm politics in Iran in the first place! In the end Mosaddegh was ultimately responsible for the rise of militant political Islamists in Iran because he made the same mistake that every utopian socialist idealist makes with Islamists... he thought he could control it and harness the militant fervor for his own uses. He was not going to be able to put that jinni back in the bottle, and he would never control it.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 01-24-14 at 12:05 PM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #209
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    If managing to avoid another war (even if temporarily) is screwing "us" again, I suppose. But I would imagine that at best it hurts the MIC of war profiteers. And maybe pisses off bored soldiers and hawks, but that's about it.
    Nope. not what I mean, but good try to make the idiot look brilliant!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #210
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I see a little backpedaling from you there...But, I will say that I served my country for peace, so I don't need some snot nosed kid telling me how I should think because he thinks that his liberal college professors have the answers...What have you done? Have you traveled to another land in service of peace? Have you done anything larger than your selfish, feel good bloviating, and regurgitation of borderline communist punk professors that also dodged their own commitments to this nation, and you look to as hero figures...Peace is noble, and to stand in uniform protecting that hope, or even fighting to ensure that a future peace can be achieved is of the most noble of endeavors. You don't understand that because your mind has been polluted to see those in uniform as tools of war, and I see them as necessary tools for peace.

    I don't want to strike Iran, however, I will not just give into their desires in order to avoid any conflict either...It is akin to giving the bully your lunch money not to beat you up...Your words do show a contempt for the US, as well as a propensity to blame the US for the ills of the world...Maybe it is you that should step back and check yourself, but that comes with time, age, and wisdom....We will see.
    Still trying to paint peace activists as communists. And diplomacy doesn't mean capitulation except from the person that wants his position, ONLY. When those people have the power to press for, their position only, all other participants suffer. The thing that scares guys like you about a balance of power is the thing that others appreciate about it.

    Wait!!! In last weeks Gallop poll, the world finds the US to be the biggest threat to world peace, and YOU liken Iran to a bully. How do such notions even materialise in your mind. I mean this level of self deceit and denial is prolific in these halls. God damn it, is there ever going to be an end to aggression.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 01-24-14 at 12:12 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •