Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 305

Thread: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

  1. #171
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post

    It appeared you were dismissive of the targeting of civilians because it wasn't modern times. Not sure why that would matter.
    You assumed that because I had made a time-based presumption, I was dismissing prior time periods.

    I was not.

    Frankly, I hadn't recalled.

    And my point about it being a different kind of war stands, along with the excellent statements on the topic by ecofarm.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #172
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The United States is the greatest threat to world peace. Thatís the finding of an end-of-the- year, WIN/Gallup International survey of people in 65 countries.
    Of the 66,000 people polled, just under a quarter named Uncle Sam as the greatest threat to world peace.
    Other menaces didnít even come close: 8 percent named Pakistan, putting that country in second place, while 6 percent named China. A mere 4 percent found Iran threatening ó which tied it with Israel.

    US is the greatest threat to world peace: poll | New York Post
    Others believe US is greatest threat to World Peace =/= the US is the greatest threat to world peace. I really don't care what they think.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I said I didn't actually look at it.

    I said nothing about dismissing it, or any presumptions on my part about something I hadn't seen.

    You assumed all that.
    I see. So you have something to say about the polls findings?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #174
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Others believe US is greatest threat to World Peace =/= the US is the greatest threat to world peace. I really don't care what they think.
    I understand. Had the poll found that Iran was the greatest threat to world peace we'd be very interested in what they think. But as it turned out, a mere 4% found Iran menacing! Feature that, just doesn't square with the hawks meme.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Iran on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything' - CNN.com


    Israel was right. It looks like force is the only thing these ****ers respect. I predict there's going to be a war eventually. Obama either lied to us, or is a fool.


    Obama fed us a bunch of hooey.
    We need to find a peaceful solution to this issue.

  6. #176
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I see. So you have something to say about the polls findings?
    Nope. I made a suggestion that perhaps the disagreement was over the relevance of the poll.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #177
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I understand. Had the poll found that Iran was the greatest threat to world peace we'd be very interested in what they think. But as it turned out, a mere 4% found Iran menacing! Feature that, just doesn't square with the hawks meme.
    I never said I wasn't interested, I said I don't care. You also are conflating two separate things. Plenty of people see Iran as menacing and are opposed to its nuclear program even to the point of military intervention. That does not exclude the possibility that many people also dislike or cast blame on the United States for its foreign policy posture.

    Also from Pew/Gallup:

    Global Views of Iran Overwhelmingly Negative | Pew Global Attitudes Project

    Majorities in Egypt, the US, France, Germany, Britain, Lebanon (surprisingly), and most of the GCC would support military intervention of other methods failed.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Nope. I made a suggestion that perhaps the disagreement was over the relevance of the poll.
    Okie dokie.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #179
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I never said I wasn't interested, I said I don't care. You also are conflating two separate things. Plenty of people see Iran as menacing and are opposed to its nuclear program even to the point of military intervention. That does not exclude the possibility that many people also dislike or cast blame on the United States for its foreign policy posture.

    Also from Pew/Gallup:

    Global Views of Iran Overwhelmingly Negative | Pew Global Attitudes Project

    Majorities in Egypt, the US, France, Germany, Britain, Lebanon (surprisingly), and most of the GCC would support military intervention of other methods failed.
    But the Gallop poll is specific to who the world views as the greatest threat to world peace. The poll understands Iran can't threaten the peace of the whole world, but the US can and does.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #180
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,263

    Re: Iranian official on nuke deal: 'We did not agree to dismantle anything'

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    We need to find a peaceful solution to this issue.
    I thought we did, looks like Kerry failed.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •