Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #71
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So no answer and no reason.


    And your community is already awash in dangerous chemicals...car exhaust, air and water pollution, your neighbor's weed killer for his beautiful lawn, factory waste and emissions....not to mention everyone in your community already impaired on an epidemic of PRESCRIPTION drugs.

    You have nothing here....you know you cant use a moral argument here and are trying to use law and pseudo-science.

    You think 'drugs are bad.' Well for the most part, so do I and the people that use them stupid. No laws against being stupid. I'm an American and believe in personal liberties...not making things illegal just cuz I dont like them. You're not much of a conservative to wish to see a failed GIANT bureaucratic program against pot be eliminated and the laws associated with it.
    Wow, now your justifying it's use with " car exhaust ".

    I tell you what, take 4 kids each from two different bus stops located on heavily traveled roads.

    One group is affected by "car exhaust" the other group is stoned.

    Test them as soon as they arrive at school on a variety of subjects. Math, Science, English , etc.

    Are you saying the group affected by car exhaust is going to test the same as the group high on weed ?

    See how ridiculous your argument is ?


    Jesus H, just go away. If that the extent of your argument for legalization then youv'e lost.

    And yea it cost money to enforce laws. Big deal.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Wow, now your justifying it's use with " car exhaust ".

    I tell you what, take 4 kids each from two different bus stops located on heavily traveled roads.

    One group is affected by "car exhaust" the other group is stoned.

    Test them as soon as they arrive at school on a variety of subjects. Math, Science, English , etc.

    Are you saying the group affected by car exhaust is going to test the same as the group high on weed ?

    See how ridiculous your argument is ?


    Jesus H, just go away. If that the extent of your argument for legalization then youv'e lost.
    Alright, go ahead and take 4 students from two different groups. One is high on pot and the other group is drunk and test them on a variety of subjects.

    Now, when you realize how stupid that was and that BOTH are not meant for TEENS, then MAYBE, just maybe you might not make such ignorant comparisons.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Wow, now your justifying it's use with " car exhaust ".

    I tell you what, take 4 kids each from two different bus stops located on heavily traveled roads.

    One group is affected by "car exhaust" the other group is stoned.

    Test them as soon as they arrive at school on a variety of subjects. Math, Science, English , etc.

    Are you saying the group affected by car exhaust is going to test the same as the group high on weed ?

    See how ridiculous your argument is ?


    Jesus H, just go away. If that the extent of your argument for legalization then youv'e lost.

    And yea it cost money to enforce laws. Big deal.
    They have been doing studies here about schools located next to major highways....they are finding exactly that.

    Nice try tho. I'd rather have my kid smoke pot occasionally than be exposed to car exhaust. See how blind your biases make you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #74
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    What do real medical experts think?

    Over the last year, I have been working on a new documentary called "Weed." The title "Weed" may sound cavalier, but the content is not.I traveled around the world to interview medical leaders, experts, growers and patients. I spoke candidly to them, asking tough questions. What I found was stunning.Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive. Reading these papers five years ago, it was hard to make a case for medicinal marijuana. I even wrote about this in a TIME magazine article, back in 2009, titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot."Well, I am here to apologize.I apologize because I didn't look hard enough, until now. I didn't look far enough. I didn't review papers from smaller labs in other countries doing some remarkable research, and I was too dismissive of the loud chorus of legitimate patients whose symptoms improved on cannabis.Instead, I lumped them with the high-visibility malingerers, just looking to get high. I mistakenly believed the Drug Enforcement Agency listed marijuana as a*schedule 1 substance*because of sound scientific proof. Surely, they must have quality reasoning as to why marijuana is in the category of the most dangerous drugs that have "no accepted medicinal use and a high potential for abuse.
    The rest of the article can be found here.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #75
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    What do real medical experts think?

    The rest of the article can be found here.
    I liked this:

    "We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that."

    Dr. Sanjay Gupta
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    he worked as a bartender and some farm work
    Ah, ag chemicals.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The comparison argument doesn't fly with me.

    Pot and alcohol are different as are their effects both short time and long term.

    When it comes down to it, by legalizing pot your allowing it to wash into the Communities that MY kids have to grow up in.

    And its effects ARE self destructive.

    Why does a stoners self destructive habit have to infringe upon my wanting to raise my family in a Community not awash with idiot stoners ?

    Why does his "rights" supercede mine ?
    Cuz its your job to raise your kids, not mine.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I live in Texas, so I dont have to "deal with it ".

    Is keeping black tar heroin illegal a "authortarian" policy ? Laughing gas ?
    Cocaine ?

    Where do you draw the line ? Do we use the drug addicts position to justify flooding a harmful chemical into a society ?
    Don't draw a line.

    Natural selection ftw!
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,387

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    he and most supporters think legalized pot is less harmful than alcohol, when it fact it is probably much worse. My uncle died at 47 from lung cancer and pot was all he smoked.
    Do you have any idea how many people die from alcohol related illness? No you don't.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    NO, your "personal freedom" STOPS when it imposes upon my personal freedoms.

    Your comparing movies to a highly potent chemical and mild hallucinogen is just desperate flailing.
    Bet you don't support gun control, even though it CAN endanger your family.

    Picking and choosing like your ilk always do.

    An argument can be made that spectator sports have a negative effect on the family.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •