Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #61
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    T Pot is illegal, in most states and Federally for a damn good reason.
    What reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's called personal freedom..why cant he sit
    with his doobie the way someone else sits with his beer?

    And TV, movies, video games, idiocy on the Internet, PARENTS....all affect these 'highly impressionable teenagers' much more and can lead to life long issues.
    NO, your "personal freedom" STOPS when it imposes upon my personal freedoms.

    Your comparing movies to a highly potent chemical and mild hallucinogen is just desperate flailing.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    NO, your "personal freedom" STOPS when it imposes upon my personal freedoms.

    Your comparing movies to a highly potent chemical and mild hallucinogen is just desperate flailing.
    So how is someone smoking pot at home any different than the guy drinking a beer at home?

    And it's not remotely a fail. Movies, TV, video games, PARENTS and the Internet have ALL been associated with violent behavior in teens and other life-long issues. Not sure such a thing has been documented in pot...maybe, but certainly the links are much stronger in the things I listed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    a highly potent chemical and mild hallucinogen is just desperate flailing.
    Er...the only 'affect' people feel from pot is that euphoria from the 'mild' hallucinogenic chemical. So what harm exactly is this 'highly potent chemical' doing? In what way is its influence infringing on your rights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I live in Texas, so I dont have to "deal with it ".

    Is keeping black tar heroin illegal a "authortarian" policy ? Laughing gas ?
    Cocaine ?

    Where do you draw the line ? Do we use the drug addicts position to justify flooding a harmful chemical into a society ?
    Yeah, because TAR HEROIN is the same as pot.

    Your ignorance is the problem. Unless you are asking for prohibition as well, making pot illegal is compeltely illogical.

    Pot is the same as alcohol is. BOTH are to be used by ADULTS only. Anything more than that is criminal by either the parents or the person who buys it for them. But BOTH should be LEGAL. And yes, eventually YES, pot will be legal even in Texas when they realize what fools they have been.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What reason?
    Because its a dangerous and destructive drug.

    Why is a any drug illegal ? Same reason.

    Again, your'e forgetting about my right to want to raise a family in a Community not awash with dangerous chemicals.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Because its a dangerous and destructive drug.

    Why is a any drug illegal ? Same reason.

    Again, your'e forgetting about my right to want to raise a family in a Community not awash with dangerous chemicals.
    So no answer and no reason.

    And your community is already awash in dangerous chemicals...car exhaust, air and water pollution, your neighbor's weed killer for his beautiful lawn, factory waste and emissions....not to mention everyone in your community already impaired on an epidemic of PRESCRIPTION drugs.

    You have nothing here....you know you cant use a moral argument here and are trying to use law and pseudo-science.

    You think 'drugs are bad.' Well for the most part, so do I and the people that use them stupid. No laws against being stupid. I'm an American and believe in personal liberties...not making things illegal just cuz I dont like them. You're not much of a conservative to wish to see a failed GIANT bureaucratic program against pot be eliminated and the laws associated with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah, because TAR HEROIN is the same
    as pot.

    Your ignorance is the problem. Unless you are asking for prohibition as well, making pot illegal is compeltely illogical.

    Pot is the same as alcohol is. BOTH are to be used by ADULTS only. Anything more than that is criminal by either the parents or the person who buys it for them. But BOTH should be LEGAL. And yes, eventually YES, pot will be legal even in Texas when they realize what fools they have been.
    How would you know ?

    Youv'e applied your arbitrary knowledge of pots dangers without any legitmate study to back it up.

    I'm guessing your'e basing the effects of marijuana use on your personal opinion, so why would black tar heroin be any different ?

    They're both destructive and people who are high on either one are at a intellectual and physical disadvanatge.

    Its their problem until they go out into the society and impose their addiction on the rest of us.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    How would you know ?

    Youv'e applied your arbitrary knowledge of pots dangers without any legitmate study to back it up.

    I'm guessing your'e basing the effects of marijuana use on your personal opinion, so why would black tar heroin be any different ?

    They're both destructive and people who are high on either one are at a intellectual and physical disadvanatge.

    Its their problem until they go out into the society and impose their addiction on the rest of us.
    You can say the SAME thing about alcohol. When abusing a substance, ANY substance, you are at a intellectual and physical disadvantage. The problem is I bet you like alcohol, so you just believe the MYTH that pot is some sort of great devil weed.

    So you are ok with alcohol being "imposed" on you but not pot. It's clear you're letting your ignorance get in the way.

    Go read some articles for once. Shall I google them for you too?

  10. #70
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,559

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Because its a dangerous and destructive drug.

    Why is a any drug illegal ? Same reason.

    Again, your'e forgetting about my right to want to raise a family in a Community not awash with dangerous chemicals.
    First, it's not dangerous. If you have any data to actually support this, let's see it. I smoke just about every evening and I have a great job, a great family, and am a productive, tax paying member of society. Pot has done nothing but enrich my life, and I have at no point ever had destruction or danger in my life because of it.

    And you do not have a right to define and control the society your kids live in. There is no such right defined in the constitution. You have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. You do not get to tell free human beings what they can and can not put in their own bodies. Do you have any respect for liberty whatsoever? Or just for your own contorted view of how people should act?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •