Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #51
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The comparison argument doesn't fly with me.

    Pot and alcohol are different as are their effects both short time and long term.

    When it comes down to it, by legalizing pot your allowing it to wash into the Communities that MY kids have to grow up in.

    And its effects ARE self destructive.

    Why does a stoners self destructive habit have to infringe upon my wanting to raise my family in a Community not awash with idiot stoners ?

    Why does his "rights" supercede mine ?
    Again...what makes you think so many more people will be smoking? Anyone that wants it now gets it, pretty easily.

    And you are way off base when you dismiss the affects of pot as worse than booze. Pot is much less dangerous to ones health AND mental state and does not cause the violence that alcohol does. Long AND short term.

    And I do drink but I dont smoke pot and dont plan to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    With regards to the supposition that alot more people will be smoking pot,think about this:

    Millions of people try alcohol and cigarettes. Most people who continue to drink do NOT become alcoholics.

    And of the ones that try cigarettes....many dont become addicted and keep smoking. I'm sure most people have tried smoking cigarettes, didnt like it and dropped it.

    People try things and often dont like them or become interested in them.

    I tried smoking a few times in my early teens. Thankfully I didnt like it and didnt care enough about being cool.

    So probably some people will try pot....some will like it and some wont. I never really saw the attraction myself....not worth the $$ for the high and I dont like inhaling smoke. Bongs were ok I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #53
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    so she said



    Do you have any proof otherwise?

    If you do you should post it.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well then I guess you are for prohibition
    then since kids, due to either the fault of the parents or someone buying it for them, might have alcohol too right?

    There are NEGATIVE effects to teens and alcohol as well. So are you for prohibition then?
    Pot and alcohol are different.

    The REAL issue is that your'e allowing an additional chemical to flood into a society that I have to raise my family in.

    And all because some stoner wants continue with his self destructive habit.

    Pots effects on the young minds of highly impressionable teenagers can lead to life long issues.

    Why do we have laws at all ?

  5. #55
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Again...what makes you think so many more
    people will be smoking? Anyone that wants it now gets it, pretty easily.

    And you are way off base when you dismiss the affects of pot as worse than booze. Pot is much less dangerous to ones health AND mental state and does not cause the violence that alcohol does. Long AND short term.

    And I do drink but I dont smoke pot and dont plan to start.
    Based on what ? Your opinion ?

    Obama's opinion ?

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Pot and alcohol are different.
    How so, are you saying alcohol is ok for teens to use?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The REAL issue is that your'e allowing an additional chemical to flood into a society that I have to raise my family in.
    Already being done with alcohol. Deal with it. Lousy parents are going to let their kids use alcohol as well. No, they are no different in the fact BOTH harm the healthy development of a teen that uses it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    And all because some stoner wants continue with his self destructive habit.
    Sorry, that's America, we also have drunks to. Are you for prohibition?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Pots effects on the young minds of highly impressionable teenagers can lead to life long issues.
    So does alcohol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Why do we have laws at all ?
    Again, if you aren't for prohibition, making pot illegal is illogical. The fact is BOTH alcohol and pot are unhealthy and prevent healthy development of a teen. That is why both would be FOR ADULTS ONLY.

    If you can't parent your kid, don't have one.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    How so, are you saying alcohol is ok for teens to use?




    Already being done with alcohol. Deal with it. Lousy parents are going to let their kids use alcohol as well. No, they are no different in the fact BOTH harm the healthy development of a teen that uses it.



    Sorry, that's America, we also have drunks to. Are you for prohibition?



    So does alcohol.




    Again, if you aren't for prohibition, making pot illegal is illogical. The fact is BOTH alcohol and pot are unhealthy and prevent healthy development of a teen. That is why both would be FOR ADULTS ONLY.

    If you can't parent your kid, don't have one.
    Thats America ? Who's America ?

    The stoners ? Yours ? Pot is illegal, in most states and Federally for a damn good reason.

    So no, its NOT America.

    And I've already addressed your argument based on the alcohol comparison.

    Im not going to repeat myself.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Thats America ? Who's America ?

    The stoners ? Yours ? Pot is illegal, in most states and Federally for a damn good reason.

    So no, its NOT America.

    And I've already addressed your argument based on the alcohol comparison.

    Im not going to repeat myself.
    No it isn't a good reason, just your irrational fear. Again, pot is harmful to teens JUST LIKE ALCOHOL is.

    That is why it is for adults only. Deal with it. As soon as people realize how foolish you and others are being by looking at Colorado and Washington, it will be legal everywhere.

    Your authoritarianism is clear for all to see.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No
    it isn't a good reason, just your irrational fear. Again, pot is harmful to teens JUST LIKE ALCOHOL is.

    That is why it is for adults only. Deal with it. As soon as people realize how foolish you and others are being by looking at Colorado and Washington, it will be legal everywhere.

    Your authoritarianism is clear for all to see.
    I live in Texas, so I dont have to "deal with it ".

    Is keeping black tar heroin illegal a "authortarian" policy ? Laughing gas ?
    Cocaine ?

    Where do you draw the line ? Do we use the drug addicts position to justify flooding a harmful chemical into a society ?

  10. #60
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Pot and alcohol are different.

    The REAL issue is that your'e allowing an additional chemical to flood into a society that I have to raise my family in.

    And all because some stoner wants continue with his self destructive habit.

    Pots effects on the young minds of highly impressionable teenagers can lead to life long issues.

    Why do we have laws at all ?
    It's called personal freedom..why cant he sit with his doobie the way someone else sits with his beer?

    And TV, movies, video games, idiocy on the Internet, PARENTS....all affect these 'highly impressionable teenagers' much more and can lead to life long issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •