Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #311
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,552

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Wow. Why am I not surprised here? You continueally ignore the fact that your initial response to me was your contention that marijuana has no deadly carcinogens. I showed you that marijuana has THE SAME DEADLY CARCINOGENS as tobacco and yet you STILL refuse to acknowledge this SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN FACT of which I have provided links showing that they have the same.

    And to top it all off every time I show this to be true you try to shift and claim that I claimed that Marijuana kills. SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE SAID THIS? ALL that I have said was that Marijuana has the SAME DEADLY CARCINOGENS as Tobacco. I have provided links showing this to be true.

    Thank you for proving that marijuana apparently does kill brain cells.
    Jesus ****ing christ. Because WITHOUT DEATHS SOMETHING CAN'T BE DEADLY. There have been no deaths from marijuana, therefore marijuana can not be deadly. That's the simplest ****ing statement in the world. That's like saying corn is full of deadly carcinogens, when nobody has ever died from corn. That just makes it carcinogens! You're essentially saying that if a chemical compound can kill someone in any situation, it can kill them in all situations. That's idiotic.

    You can not classify something that has never in the history of mankind killed anybody as deadly. That's bull****. I guess my left nutsack is deadly too, even though I've never killed anyone with it, I just feel like calling it deadly to prove a point.

    In summary:

    Deaths
    - Tobacco: Millions
    - Marijuana: Zero


    Therefore Marijuana is not in any way, shape or form deadly.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 01-28-14 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #312
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Jesus ****ing christ. Because WITHOUT DEATHS SOMETHING CAN'T BE DEADLY. There have been no deaths from marijuana, therefore marijuana can not be deadly. That's the simplest ****ing statement in the world. That's like saying corn is full of deadly carcinogens, when nobody has ever died from corn. That just makes it carcinogens! You're essentially saying that if a chemical compound can kill someone in any situation, it can kill them in all situations. That's idiotic.

    You can not classify something that has never in the history of mankind killed anybody as deadly. That's bull****. I guess my left nutsack is deadly too, even though I've never killed anyone with it, I just feel like calling it deadly to prove a point.

    In summary:

    Deaths
    - Tobacco: Millions
    - Marijuana: Zero


    Therefore Marijuana is not in any way, shape or form deadly.
    Where have I stated that Marijuana is deadly? I haven't. I have said that there are deadly caracinogens in marijuana. When are you going to get that into your head? Do you not know or understand the difference between the two phrases? Do you not know what the following words mean?...

    Both tobacco and cannabis smoke contain the same cancer-causing compounds (carcinogens).
    Pot Smoke: Less Carcinogenic Than Tobacco?

    Smoke from tobacco and cannabis contains many of the same carcinogens and tumor promoters
    Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic

    Do you not know what the word "inhibits" means?

    1: to prohibit from doing something

    2a: to hold in check : restrain
    b: to discourage from free or spontaneous activity especially through the operation of inner psychological or external social constraints
    Merriam-Webster definition of inhibit

    This does not say that it gets rid of or makes something to not exist. It simply stops something from working. In this case the THC in marijuana is stopping the same cancer causing carcinogens that are in marijuana that is in tobacco from taking effect.

    Again. THC does not get rid of or keeps those cancer causing carcinogens from being in the marijuana plant. It just stops those carcinogens from causing cancer. Those carcinogens still exist. They are still in the marijuana plant. Just as they are in the tobacco plant. They are just prevented from causing cancer. They are not gone. They are not deleted, ate at, prevented from existing or anything else like that. They are simply stopped from causing cancer due to the THC's suppressive effect. If the THC was not inhibiting them, IE if you removed the THC from the marijuana plant, those carcinogens are just as deadly in that marijuana plant as they are in a tobacco plant due to the fact that they are the SAME deadly carcinogens.

    Reading comprehension....learn it. Now, if you STILL do not get it then there is nothing I can do for you.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #313
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,552

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Where have I stated that Marijuana is deadly? I haven't. I have said that there are deadly caracinogens in marijuana. When are you going to get that into your head? Do you not know or understand the difference between the two phrases? Do you not know what the following words mean?...



    Pot Smoke: Less Carcinogenic Than Tobacco?



    Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic

    Do you not know what the word "inhibits" means?



    Merriam-Webster definition of inhibit

    This does not say that it gets rid of or makes something to not exist. It simply stops something from working. In this case the THC in marijuana is stopping the same cancer causing carcinogens that are in marijuana that is in tobacco from taking effect.

    Again. THC does not get rid of or keeps those cancer causing carcinogens from being in the marijuana plant. It just stops those carcinogens from causing cancer. Those carcinogens still exist. They are still in the marijuana plant. Just as they are in the tobacco plant. They are just prevented from causing cancer. They are not gone. They are not deleted, ate at, prevented from existing or anything else like that. They are simply stopped from causing cancer due to the THC's suppressive effect. If the THC was not inhibiting them, IE if you removed the THC from the marijuana plant, those carcinogens are just as deadly in that marijuana plant as they are in a tobacco plant.

    Reading comprehension....learn it. Now, if you STILL do not get it then there is nothing I can do for you.
    If they're being inhibited and haven't killed anyone, then they're not deadly. I have no idea why you're even trying to make this point because it's completely idiotic. "It has non-deadly deadly carcinogens that haven't killed anyone. I just wanted to make everyone super aware of how non-deadly deadly it is!"
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Oh, because it tells you means people listen? Get real. Allegra D is an over the counter medication which actually does have side effects with low risk so no warnings are given. Allegra D is also a stimulant which is a major difference so apples and oranges on your part not mine. Alcohol a LEGAL over the counter drug which causes the same type effects on the body as THC. That would be apples to apples. But you can't win that argument so you have to move the goal posts to an over the counter med (Allegra D) which is stimulant and not a depressant. Zyrtec, Claritin or Benadryl are depressants which have the same effects as Alcohol/THC and are all SOLD over the counter.

    Just admit you are wrong.. I don't have the time to waste arguing with a parrot who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
    can't you respond without personal attacks or is that just beyond your intellect?

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No, it was not. You claimed texting was not relevant. It is a parallel example showing that something being legal does not infringe on your rights *until* they drive distracted. Your objection to legalizing pot was that it would infringe on your rights..
    and texting is so far out in left field it is laughable

  6. #316
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    343

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    White House docs say pot causes brain damage and lower IQ in teens, alcohol does not

    President Obama’s latest claims about marijuana are contradicted by research and official positions of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, which is part of the White House. And Mr. Obama’s words have anti-drug leaders worried about negative repercussions among youth.

    Mr. Obama claimed to The New Yorker magazine that marijuana is no worse than cigarettes or alcohol and he promoted state efforts by Colorado and Washington to legalize marijuana, which remains illegal under federal law.

    The National Drug Control Policy’s official stance, posted on the whitehouse.gov website, says the opposite of Mr. Obama on all counts.

    For example, as documented in agency reports, marijuana smoke has significantly more carcinogens than tobacco smoke.

    And as reported by the government’s National Institute on Drug Abuse, adolescent use of marijuana does something that alcohol does not; it causes permanent brain damage, including lowering of I.Q.

    Taxpayers have spent billions of dollars warning about drugs, often about marijuana, but these efforts were dramatically undercut by the president’s comments.

    Mr. Obama might as well have rolled that money into a joint and smoked it on national television.

    He told the interviewer, David Remnick, that his earlier years of prodigious puffery were “a bad habit and a vice.” Yet he doesn’t warn others not to follow in his footsteps.



    Read more: ISTOOK: Obama's White House drug experts contradict his marijuana claims - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    The truth is, freedom depends on a well educated citizenry. The politicians, especially liberals, are trying to dumb down the population. That's why they want the rampant use of mind altering drugs. That is also why our schools have been failing, especially since the government has taken over (illegally) the public school system. There are a host of other things they are doing to dumb our children down.

  7. #317
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    and texting is so far out in left field it is laughable
    How so? It is legal to do at home and infringes on no one else's rights, but becomes deadly when driving. Thus, most states have enacted laws against driving and texting...but NOT texting itself.

    Smoking pot at home infringes on no one else's rights (and it legal to do so in 2 states). It can be dangerous if people drive with pot in their systems. Hence, all states have enacted DUI laws...but the smoking of pot at home is legal where the substance is legal and legal or not, infringes on no one. If it does so, please give examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #318
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    can't you respond without personal attacks or is that just beyond your intellect?
    That's not even close to a personal attack but rather an observed fact. So how about you refute the facts I brought in my posts.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    How so? It is legal to do at home and infringes on no one else's rights, but becomes deadly when driving. Thus, most states have enacted laws against driving and texting...but NOT texting itself.

    Smoking pot at home infringes on no one else's rights (and it legal to do so in 2 states). It can be dangerous if people drive with pot in their systems. Hence, all states have enacted DUI laws...but the smoking of pot at home is legal where the substance is legal and legal or not, infringes on no one. If it does so, please give examples.
    no one stated it did at home, unfortunately it does not leave your system immediatley. I will be glad when you actually decide WTF you are talking about

  10. #320
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Obama is such a fraud.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •