Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #231
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I've yet to see any evidence of this, and there have been no documented cases of marijuana causing cancer. In fact, there are many studies that have shown that it retards cancer growth.

    Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute
    20 Medical Studies That Prove Cannabis Can Cure Cancer | Collective-Evolution

    It also helps against Alzheimers and a variety of other brain diseases.



    Texting while driving is illegal, just like smoking cannabis while driving will be illegal. So either you thought all texting was illegal, and that's why cannabis should be, or your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking.
    I dunno.

    It's smoke dammit. Smoke is bad. I don't care what you're burning.


    That's the entirety of my argument. And probably wildly incorrect.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Not very odd since cancer is one of the top causes of death in older people. Did they all die of cancers likely to be related to smoking ie. lung, mouth, esophagus? Did none of them also smoke tobacco or other drugs? Were none of them exposed to other respiratory hazards such as a spray paint, smoke, car exhaust etc? Were none of them veterans exposed to chemicals, radiation, smoke from explosions etc.?

    Even if the facts indicate that cannabis may be a cause of their cancer it would not prove anything since six people are not significantly significant, esp. if they lived in the same geographic area.
    I don't call 47 old

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It only shows that your statement was 'selective' and really didnt apply to things that actually infringe on our rights...only things you dont like.

    Thankfully, you are part of a quickly shrinking pool of Americans
    We know that is a lie with only two states allowing it at the present time

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So if I understand you right, your stance and argument now isn't that bad things can happen in conjunction with pot, but you have issues with things that impair judgement, yes?
    yes, and there is structure for testing people that are drunk, unfortunately people come work after smoking a joint in the parking lot and no one notices until the take a forklift and run over someone

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Ha! You do realize Alcohol kills close to 80,000 Americans a year right? And that's a low ball number because today they are realizing Alcohol can lead to cancers never suspected to be caused by Alcohol.
    We do not track deaths from illegal drugs by drug, so this argument is silly

  6. #236
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,921

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    We know that is a lie with only two states allowing it at the present time
    No...I posted your own words that prove either YOU are lying or only capable of reading at a 4th grade level.

    The pool of Americans disproving of legalizing pot IS shrinking and those 2 states is evidence.

    So.....where's the lie?
    Last edited by Lursa; 01-26-14 at 04:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,921

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The only way it would affect my employment is if it was still illegal at a federal level.

    If its isn't illegal at a federal level then it wouldn't have a severe impact on my Clearance and it wouldn't be grounds for removal from my job. As such, if it wasn't illegal federally it wouldn't affect my employment, which means I'd probably give it a try.



    I don't know if you're just confused or if you're trying to move the goal posts of what I'm talking about.

    I never said anything about showing up to work intoxicated. I can't show up to work intoxicated on alcohol...that doesn't keep me from drinking alcohol responsibly during my off time.

    I absolutely imagine that businesses, if it's made federally legal, will disallow people to show up to work intoxicated since they ALREADY disallow people from showing up to work intoxicated on anything else. I don't imagine we'll see many businesses suggesting you're not able to be employed if you smoke on your own time and do not show up intoxicated. And if it's LEGALIZED federally, I am positive that would be the case for my work place.

    I've not been talking about smoking a joint and then immediately going to work. I'm talking about giving it a try on a Friday night, with the intoxicating effects of the marijuana long being out of my system by work Monday morning.
    OK, I was just trying to clarify MY statement that I dont believe many more people will end up using pot (after an initial surge to try it). If your job doesnt have alcohol or drug restrictions in your employee contract now (I just assumed it since you have a security clearance) then you can do anything you want when it's legalized.

    But for most people, because their employer may test for it, still have to restrict their use of alcohol and drugs....legal or not. It will be tougher for pot users....it stays in the system longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #238
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I dunno.

    It's smoke dammit. Smoke is bad. I don't care what you're burning.


    That's the entirety of my argument. And probably wildly incorrect.
    There are numerous ways to consume cannabis. You can bake it into things, you can turn it into a juice, you can even use a thing called a vaporizer, which uses hot air instead of smoke, making it 100% healthy for your lungs.

    Open your mind and learn a little about the thing your bashing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Whether the effect of a crime is immediate or long term what difference does it make ?

    The way I look at it is , is it's effect on our society destructive enough to justify it's current legal classification in 48 States ?

    I think it is, and you disagree and thats fine.

    And as far as I know my position on it may be irrelevent as more and more states start to decriminalize small amounts.

    My sisters ex was a chronic user and wasted a good chunk of his life ( 30 years ) in a pot induced haze. Started when he was 14 and never stopped.

    He also never achieved anything, never excelled, bounced around from crappy low paying job to low paying job. Claimed he was "happy" but I guarantee he wasn't.

    He didn't mature properly, physically or mentally or emotionally. His natural process of maturing, getting stronger and smarter menatally stopped when he was a teenager.

    All I saw was wasted opportunity, wasted life and wasted talent.

    You may be exceptional, but I'm not so naive that I would agree that you represent the majority.

    From what I've seen, he represented the majority
    What do you mean the effect of crime is long term or short? Are you saying that when you consume cannabis you will statistically go out and hurt somebody after a long enough time line? Why haven't I murdered anyone yet?

    Your sister's ex is a loser, plain and simple. For every loser pot smoker there are 100's of losers that don't smoke, and plenty of non-loser potsmokers like myself. It does not make an effective member of society suddenly a loser. As I've explained before, the losers seem overrepresented because the responsible people keep their mouth shut about it. You know lots of people that smoke that you don't know they do.

    And I've still yet to see a convincing argument of why YOU want to put ME in a cage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The war on drugs is a failure meme is whats a failure.

    It's the typical superficial left wing demagogy.

    All laws cost money to enforce.

    Unbeliveable.

    Anyway. what would your advice be to a youngster that was willing to experiment with marijuana ?

    Or do you think its "healthy" ?
    If the war on drugs is a great success, as you suggest, why is it that drug use over the past 40 years has done nothing but sky rocket instead of decreasing? We've spent $1 trillion on the drug war to date. Now, seeing as how you're a big government statist type, that type of money is just a drop in the bucket, but for a liberty loving, fiscally conscious constitutionalist like myself, that's a HUGE amount of money for ZERO gains.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 01-26-14 at 06:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #239
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    There are numerous ways to consume cannabis. You can bake it into things, you can turn it into a juice, you can even use a thing called a vaporizer, which uses hot air instead of smoke, making it 100% healthy for your lungs.

    Open your mind and learn a little about the thing your bashing.
    I already know all that. For what has to be the third ****ing time, I don't have an issue with pot, my issue is with the smoking part of it. That is all
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #240
    Educator Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    835

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    my great aunt died of lung cancer at 62,never smoked anything ever and never exposed to asbestos.
    My Co-workers wife has lung cancer at 38, and she never smoked either.
    Black Lives matter. Until you multiply them by the speed of light squared, then Black Lives energy.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •