Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    it holds plenty when comparing apples to apples and not using deflection, your personal freedoms only apply when not infringing on others
    If you smoke at home it's none of your business so why is pot illegal then?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  2. #212
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    moving the goal post again NE? this is pot versus alcohol, maybe you should start a thread on that other stuff since we do not ingest our phones or other passengers in the car.
    Ha! You do realize Alcohol kills close to 80,000 Americans a year right? And that's a low ball number because today they are realizing Alcohol can lead to cancers never suspected to be caused by Alcohol.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  3. #213
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Life-long users of cigarettes, alcohol, and pot are more than likely to become a drain on our medical resources, insured or not.
    Does the Federal government have a responsibility to protect insured non-users from insured/uninsured users with respect to insurance rates ?
    Nope.. tobacco and alcohol pay taxes (Sin Tax) which is fee the government collects. Hell, Uncle Sam collects $1 a pack of smokes for Healthcare programs. So view it as them paying for their future insurance premiums.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

  4. #214
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,104

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    using your logic as to the definition of libertarian there should not be laws against murder or rape which is silly and illogical
    Rape and murder were never legal in the US. Drugs were. If you fail to see the distinction between crime and vice, well, were glad you are not an attorney.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    We obviously have a major issue in this
    country with politicians doing whatever the **** they want, or whatever the hell corporations want them to do, while ignoring the will of the people. My question is why YOU want to overrule the will of the people and keep locking people in cages for not hurting anybody in any way.
    Because the "will of the people " may or may not be whats best for our society as a whole.

    Cant think of any better example than the election and re-election of Barrack Obama.

    Currently pot is illegal in a vast majority of locals, and Countries.


    Societies evolve, like life, as they learn from their mistakes and move forward.

    But because humans are involved in that process they inevitably will ignore historical lessons learned and then go through a process of devolution.

    Laws and regulations are then ignored and we get to repeat the same failed experiment and at the expense of the majority.

    My dad used to tell me that all laws and regulations pertaining directly to safety are written in blood.

    He was right of course but a good PR camapign can apparently convince just about anyone that what used to be dangerous is now a " healthy alternative "....

    Why we have to keep relearning our lessons is mystery to me.

    Do I think YOU shoukd go to jail for a minor possesion charge. ? No.

  6. #216
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,568

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Because the "will of the people " may or may not be whats best for our society as a whole.

    Cant think of any better example than the election and re-election of Barrack Obama.

    Currently pot is illegal in a vast majority of locals, and Countries.


    Societies evolve, like life, as they learn from their mistakes and move forward.

    But because humans are involved in that process they inevitably will ignore historical lessons learned and then go through a process of devolution.

    Laws and regulations are then ignored and we get to repeat the same failed experiment and at the expense of the majority.

    My dad used to tell me that all laws and regulations pertaining directly to safety are written in blood.

    He was right of course but a good PR camapign can apparently convince just about anyone that what used to be dangerous is now a " healthy alternative "....

    Why we have to keep relearning our lessons is mystery to me.

    Do I think YOU shoukd go to jail for a minor possesion charge. ? No.
    I just want you to think about the fact that you just said you would like to overrule our democratic society in order to lock people in cages that have harmed nobody. That's about as fascistic as it comes.

    I guess that's the core difference between you and I. I truly favor liberty, even when I disagree with the decisions other people make.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I just want you to think about the fact
    that you just said you would like to overrule our democratic society in order to lock people in cages that have harmed nobody. That's about as fascistic as it comes.

    I guess that's the core difference between you and I. I truly favor liberty, even when I disagree with the decisions other people make.
    Well, would you speak out against the " legalization " of theft under a certain dollar amount ?

    Even if it was "the will of the people " that allowed it to be legalized ?

    Even if it saved municipalities a lot of money ? I'm not trying to be fascist but I AM a Conservative.

    I believe in laws, and I understand the need for them. I believe your rights stop where mine start.

    PLUS, pure Democracy is essentially Mob rules, and we're a Representitive Republic as I'm sure your'e aware of.

  8. #218
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Well, would you speak out against the " legalization " of theft under a certain dollar amount ?

    Even if it was "the will of the people " that allowed it to be legalized ?

    Even if it saved municipalities a lot of money ? I'm not trying to be fascist but I AM a Conservative.

    I believe in laws, and I understand the need for them. I believe your rights stop where mine start.

    PLUS, pure Democracy is essentially Mob rules, and we're a Representitive Republic as I'm sure your'e aware of.
    You seem to fail to recognize that theft, even a small amount, is a crime against another person. Smoking mj at home or in an allowed place without the intent to drive or operate heavy machinery isn't.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #219
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,568

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Well, would you speak out against the " legalization " of theft under a certain dollar amount ?

    Even if it was "the will of the people " that allowed it to be legalized ?

    Even if it saved municipalities a lot of money ? I'm not trying to be fascist but I AM a Conservative.

    I believe in laws, and I understand the need for them. I believe your rights stop where mine start.

    PLUS, pure Democracy is essentially Mob rules, and we're a Representitive Republic as I'm sure your'e aware of.
    Theft has a direct victim. You are taking someone's property. Same with murder, rape, assault, etc. Ingesting a plant does not harm anybody. Why would we not just continue having all of the rape, murder, assault and theft laws be applicable regardless of your mental state? It doesn't matter if you were sober, drunk, or high, you're responsible for your actions.

    I hope you're at least informed enough to realize that smoking marijuana doesn't make you want to commit a crime. High people are passive and even "lazy", as you claimed. If we're that lazy, why would we also not be too lazy to commit crimes?

    You said you wouldn't lock me in jail for possession, but that's not the truth. Me not being locked in a cage for smoking is called legalization, which you adamently oppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #220
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Not entirely true. There are undoubtably a population of people out there that won't use it now due to it being illegal, but would if it was legal.

    Those with security clearances, professional athletes, and even folks that generally stay within the boundries of the law whenever possible. I'm actually a perfect example. Never smoked pot, never will while it's illegal, but I'd at least give it a try if it was legal. I'm positive I'm not alone on that.

    With that said though...so what. What I would do with myself is my business , not the business of Fenton and his desired nanny state
    Well I'd say those you listed dont really 'want' pot. But if they did, it's still easily available to them.

    My claim is that there wont be a significant change in people using pot, which I think you've confirmed....their work and personal circumstances prevent them now and would continue to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •