Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #201
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I disagree. pot is cheap here, making it legal made it expensive in CO
    It'll balance out some though - and more if all states legalize it.

    That, or everyone will be stoned because of second-hand pot smoke...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    the hell it isn't, my uncle was one of those people, of the five closest friends he hung out with, only two are left and the others died of cancer as well, how odd is that?
    Not very odd since cancer is one of the top causes of death in older people. Did they all die of cancers likely to be related to smoking ie. lung, mouth, esophagus? Did none of them also smoke tobacco or other drugs? Were none of them exposed to other respiratory hazards such as a spray paint, smoke, car exhaust etc? Were none of them veterans exposed to chemicals, radiation, smoke from explosions etc.?

    Even if the facts indicate that cannabis may be a cause of their cancer it would not prove anything since six people are not significantly significant, esp. if they lived in the same geographic area.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Cancer Risk

    A number of studies have yielded conflicting evidence regarding the risks of various cancers associated with Cannabis use.

    A pooled analysis of three case-cohort studies of men in northwestern Africa (430 cases and 778 controls) showed a significantly increased risk of lung cancer among tobacco smokers who also inhaled Cannabis.[5]

    A large, retrospective cohort study of 64,855 men aged 15 to 49 years from the United States found that Cannabis use was not associated with tobacco-related cancers and a number of other common malignancies. However, the study did find that, among nonsmokers of tobacco, ever having used Cannabis was associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer.[6]

    A population-based case-control study of 611 lung cancer patients revealed that chronic low Cannabis exposure was not associated with an increased risk of lung cancer or other upper aerodigestive tract cancers and found no positive associations with any cancer type (oral, pharyngeal, laryngeal, lung, or esophagus) when adjusting for several confounders, including cigarette smoking.[7]

    A systematic review assessing 19 studies that evaluated premalignant or malignant lung lesions in persons 18 years or older who inhaled marijuana concluded that observational studies failed to demonstrate statistically significant associations between marijuana inhalation and lung cancer after adjusting for tobacco use.[8]

    With a hypothesis that chronic marijuana use produces adverse effects on the human endocrine and reproductive systems, the association between marijuana use and incidence of testicular germ cell tumors (TGCTs) has been examined.[9-11] Three population-based case-control studies report an association between marijuana use and elevated risk of TGCTs, especially nonseminoma or mixed-histology tumors.[9-11] However, the sample sizes in these studies were inadequate to address marijuana dose by addressing associations with respect to recency, frequency, and duration of use. These early reports of marijuana use and TGCTs establish the need for larger, well-powered, prospective studies, especially studies evaluating the role of endocannabinoid signaling and cannabinoid receptors in TGCTs.

    A comprehensive Health Canada monograph on marijuana concluded that while there are many cellular and molecular studies that provide strong evidence that inhaled marijuana is carcinogenic, the epidemiologic evidence of a link between marijuana use and cancer is still inconclusive.[12]

    National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page5

  4. #204
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    you are still comparing apples and oranges, reposting all of that crap created by you does not change that.....LOL
    It only shows that your statement was 'selective' and really didnt apply to things that actually infringe on our rights...only things you dont like.

    Thankfully, you are part of a quickly shrinking pool of Americans
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #205
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,963

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    WRONG !!
    Wow, your sterling argument has won me over


    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your'e telling me that a group of kids after smoking a joint, EACH, will test the same as a group of kids who never smoked weed in their life ?
    .
    Well first, this is a retarded test as you've described it. You could have five straight a students as the pot smokers and 5 d students who never touched it, or vise versa, so not useful

    The better question would be take a group of kids. Test them without having done pot, test them having just smoked pot, and test them a month after smoking pot.

    Similarly, based on your claim, do the same test but substitute alcohol.

    I'd wager in both cases the test while intoxicated would be worse, while the test a month later would be similar to the first....because contrary to your claims there's no proof smoking pot a single time causes permanent brain damage.

  6. #206
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,963

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So legalizing it wont lead to a increase in the amount of chronic users ? Legalizing it wont lead to a increase in the amount of young people becoming chronic users ?
    It may very well. So, your argument is that we should have a nanny state. Well, that fits with your big government views you've been showing all thread

    Do firearms being legal likely increase the amount of illegal uses of firearms? Probably yes as well. But that's as much a justification I ban guns as it is to keep banning pot ( ie, not a justification)

  7. #207
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,963

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    that is not logic, just assumption. Guns should not be illegal because no one's judgement becomes impaired by owning one? See how that works? smoke a joint, you no longer have the same judgement as you did before smoking it so your choices will be different.

    Owning guns, my judgement remains the same, before and after the purchase.
    So if I understand you right, your stance and argument now isn't that bad things can happen in conjunction with pot, but you have issues with things that impair judgement, yes?

  8. #208
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,963

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Anyone that wants pot now gets it. It's not hard.
    Not entirely true. There are undoubtably a population of people out there that won't use it now due to it being illegal, but would if it was legal.

    Those with security clearances, professional athletes, and even folks that generally stay within the boundries of the law whenever possible. I'm actually a perfect example. Never smoked pot, never will while it's illegal, but I'd at least give it a try if it was legal. I'm positive I'm not alone on that.

    With that said though...so what. What I would do with myself is my business , not the business of Fenton and his desired nanny state

  9. #209
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Perhaps I am mistaken. I was under the impression that marijuana smoke had harmful chemicals in it, much as tobacco smoke does - I specifically excluded THC.



    You have misinterpreted my meaning.
    I've yet to see any evidence of this, and there have been no documented cases of marijuana causing cancer. In fact, there are many studies that have shown that it retards cancer growth.

    Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute
    20 Medical Studies That Prove Cannabis Can Cure Cancer | Collective-Evolution

    It also helps against Alzheimers and a variety of other brain diseases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    yes but it is a totally different animal than alcohol and drugs and BTW texting is illegal in many states. SO if texting is illegal, pot should be as well. Thanks for proving my point.
    Texting while driving is illegal, just like smoking cannabis while driving will be illegal. So either you thought all texting was illegal, and that's why cannabis should be, or your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 01-25-14 at 06:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #210
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    he and most supporters think legalized pot is less harmful than alcohol, when it fact it is probably much worse. My uncle died at 47 from lung cancer and pot was all he smoked.
    and? People who drink Alcohol die from Alcohol poisoning, Cirrhosis, Heart Disease, Kidney failure, Stomach cancer and kill brain cells (makes them dumber).. Tobacco usage causes varies cancers depending on usage. So the two products Americans been doing since 1776 have the same ability to kill. Yet legalizing pot is beyond the pail?

    For a libertarian you aren't very libertarian.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. H.L Mencken

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •