Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No, you are deflecting....this statement had NOTHING to do with ingestion:



    Can you support the statement or not? Is not texting in the car potentially (and proven to be) deadly?
    yes but it is a totally different animal than alcohol and drugs and BTW texting is illegal in many states. SO if texting is illegal, pot should be as well. Thanks for proving my point.

  2. #192
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I knew two people that are no longer with us, one because he co-worker smoked a joint before coming into work, they other was killed by someone driving while high on pot. I don't care what you do at home if you keep your ass at home, but in younger people that is hardly ever the case and even in older people that think they can control it even it their judgement is impaired.

    Fact is pot is illegal because it alters judgement and hard to detect within a reasonable amount of time in the workplace. There are victims from altered minds with bad judgement and your illogical comments like the one above do not change that.
    How is pot intrinsically more dangerous than alcohol and the other legal drugs, and why do you want to lock people in cages that haven't ever hurt anybody? You're letting a few bad apples criminalize tens of millions of people. People rape, murder and steal while drunk, at an even higher per capita rate, and yet you have no problem with that at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    yes but it is a totally different animal than alcohol and drugs and BTW texting is illegal in many states. SO if texting is illegal, pot should be as well. Thanks for proving my point.
    Not at all. The premise is that supposedly, pot or booze affects someones focus and ability to drive. As does texting. Texting is not illegal. Booze is not illegal. Pot is not illegal in WA and CO.

    Driving while texting and driving while *under the influence* (pot or alcohol) ARE illegal.

    Your point is not proven. According to your statement, texting *should* be illegal in order to prevent distracted driving, just like you're implying pot should be illegal so that someone cannot drive under the influence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Your rights can't infringe on mine endangering my life because you make a poor choice and get behind the wheel and kill someone. Using your logic murder should be legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    By that logic, texting should be made illegal. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    How is pot intrinsically more dangerous than alcohol and the other legal drugs, and why do you want to lock people in cages that haven't ever hurt anybody? You're letting a few bad apples criminalize tens of millions of people. People rape, murder and steal while drunk, at an even higher per capita rate, and yet you have no problem with that at all?
    I never said it was worse or more dangerous, I just don't think it should be made legal and until the structure for testing is similar to alcohol enforcement. And they may while high once the structure to track is similar to alcohol. I am not criminalizing anyone, that is an asinine statement.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Not at all. The premise is that supposedly, pot or booze affects someones focus and ability to drive. As does texting. Texting is not illegal. Booze is not illegal. Pot is not illegal in WA and CO.

    Driving while texting and driving while *under the influence* (pot or alcohol) ARE illegal.

    Your point is not proven. According to your statement, texting *should* be illegal in order to prevent distracted driving, just like you're implying pot should be illegal so that someone cannot drive under the influence.
    no that is your statement, there is no structure in place to test for pot users in the workplace in a reasonable amount of time, until there is it should remain illegal IMO and I will not change my mind no matter what deflection you post. People do not injest their cellphones as they do alcohol and pot so that argument is asinine.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    no that is your statement, there is no structure in place to test for pot users in the workplace in a reasonable amount of time, until there is it should remain illegal IMO and I will not change my mind no matter what deflection you post. People do not injest their cellphones as they do alcohol and pot so that argument is asinine.
    Um nope...back to square one, see if you can get it this time:


    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    yes but it is a totally different animal than alcohol and drugs and BTW texting is illegal in many states. SO if texting is illegal, pot should be as well. Thanks for proving my point.
    No....texting is LEGAL. Texting WHILE DRIVING is not. Booze and pot are LEGAL (in 2 states, and proposed for more)....driving WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE is not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    Not at all. The premise is that supposedly, pot or booze affects someones focus and ability to drive. As does texting. Texting is not illegal. Booze is not illegal. Pot is not illegal in WA and CO.

    Driving while texting and driving while *under the influence* (pot or alcohol) ARE illegal.

    Your point is not proven. According to your statement, texting *should* be illegal in order to prevent distracted driving, just like you're implying pot should be illegal so that someone cannot drive under the influence.
    Original:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    Your rights can't infringe on mine endangering my life because you make a poor choice and get behind the wheel and kill someone. Using your logic murder should be legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    By that logic, texting should be made illegal. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    It's a bad choice to get behind the wheel and text or drink or smoke pot. All the same...all endanger other drivers. The first things are not illegal unless involved with driving.

    So your claim that pot should be illegal because it infringes on your right because it endangers you is invalid. No one is claiming driving while high will be or should be legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #197
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    There are no harmful chemicals. If you'd like to make an accusation, please be specific. THC is not dangerous, nor are the Cannabinoids, which occur naturally in the body.
    Perhaps I am mistaken. I was under the impression that marijuana smoke had harmful chemicals in it, much as tobacco smoke does - I specifically excluded THC.



    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Then don't hang around stoners. Seems like an extremely easy solution to a fabricated problem.
    You have misinterpreted my meaning.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #198
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    For those looking for more high, pot is only the first step before they get to other drugs that are more addictive
    That's hardly marijuana's fault. It's relatively easy to produce, and relatively cheep to acquire (I think?)...plus it's not very dangerous, compared to other drugs.

    If something else were cheaper, easier to produce, and less dangerous, it would be the "first step" you speak of.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Um nope...back to square one, see if you can get it this time:




    No....texting is LEGAL. Texting WHILE DRIVING is not. Booze and pot are LEGAL (in 2 states, and proposed for more)....driving WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE is not.



    Original:
    you are still comparing apples and oranges, reposting all of that crap created by you does not change that.....LOL

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    That's hardly marijuana's fault. It's relatively easy to produce, and relatively cheep to acquire (I think?)...plus it's not very dangerous, compared to other drugs.

    If something else were cheaper, easier to produce, and less dangerous, it would be the "first step" you speak of.
    I disagree. pot is cheap here, making it legal made it expensive in CO

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •