Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #181
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Your rights can't infringe on mine endangering my life because you make a poor choice and get behind the wheel and kill someone. Using your logic murder should be legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    By that logic, texting should be made illegal. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    that is silly, I have never injested my smart phone, have you?
    Which statement had to do with ingestion? Do you have a relevant response? Or perhaps you can explain that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The people who started smoking cannabis in the sixties would be filling the cancer wards now that they are in their 60s and 70s if it was a significant cancer hazard. That is not happening.
    the hell it isn't, my uncle was one of those people, of the five closest friends he hung out with, only two are left and the others died of cancer as well, how odd is that?

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Which statement had to do with ingestion? Do you have a relevant response? Or perhaps you can explain that one.
    alcohol and pot are injested, cell phones and texting are deflection and not part of this thread

  4. #184
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    For those looking for more high, pot is only the first step before they get to other drugs that are more addictive
    If people are looking for 'more high' pot has nothing to do with it. Pot isnt much of a high compared to plenty of other things out there....and people know it.

    Alcohol and nicotine give you a high....but somehow escaped the whole 'gateway' drug label. It's just more anti-drug hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    alcohol and pot are injested, cell phones and texting are deflection and not part of this thread
    No, you are deflecting....this statement had NOTHING to do with ingestion:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    Your rights can't infringe on mine endangering my life because you make a poor choice and get behind the wheel and kill someone. Using your logic murder should be legal.alcohol and pot are injested, cell phones and texting are deflection and not part of this thread
    Can you support the statement or not? Is not texting in the car potentially (and proven to be) deadly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #186
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    C'mon, Texas will never legalize it, not in my lifetime and it's still illegal in 48 States and possession is illegal in a majority of countries.
    Maybe, Maybe not.

    While staunch conservative Gov. Rick Perry of Texas said "What I can do as the governor of the second largest state in the nation is to implement policies that start us toward a decriminalization and keeps people from going to prison and destroying their lives, and that’s what we’ve done over the last decade," , he did stop short of advocating legalization in Texas, but did say - "States should be allowed to make those decisions."
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    People that have no experience with or understanding of pot think it should be illegal for reasons that are largely false and completely made up. Right now you remind me of the idiots on the left that want to outlaw guns.

  8. #188
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    using your logic as to the definition of libertarian there should not be laws against murder or rape which is silly and illogical
    You are not a libertarian. You want the government to be powerful enough to dictate to private citizens what they can consume in their own homes. Rape and murder are violent crimes where there is a victim. Ingesting a plant has no victim.

    Who do you know that has gotten high then went on a killing spree? By your logic, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, and hundreds of prescription and over the counter medications should be illegal too. All of them alter your state of mind and change your decision making process.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    If people are looking for 'more high' pot has nothing to do with it. Pot isnt much of a high compared to plenty of other things out there....and people know it.

    Alcohol and nicotine give you a high....but somehow escaped the whole 'gateway' drug label. It's just more anti-drug hype.
    no its not, my wife's son is dead now from an overdose and he started with pot, soon that was not enough to quell his demons. Her brothers son is fighting a herioin addiction and he also started with pot. It is not purely recreational for everyone.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You are not a libertarian. You want the government to be powerful enough to dictate to private citizens what they can consume in their own homes. Rape and murder are violent crimes where there is a victim. Ingesting a plant has no victim.

    Who do you know that has gotten high then went on a killing spree? By your logic, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, and hundreds of prescription and over the counter medications should be illegal too. All of them alter your state of mind and change your decision making process.
    I knew two people that are no longer with us, one because he co-worker smoked a joint before coming into work, they other was killed by someone driving while high on pot. I don't care what you do at home if you keep your ass at home, but in younger people that is hardly ever the case and even in older people that think they can control it even it their judgement is impaired.

    Fact is pot is illegal because it alters judgement and hard to detect within a reasonable amount of time in the workplace. There are victims from altered minds with bad judgement and your illogical comments like the one above do not change that.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •