Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #171
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So legalizing it wont lead to a increase in the amount of chronic users ? Legalizing it wont lead to a increase in the amount of young people becoming chronic users ?
    Anyone that wants pot now gets it. It's not hard.

    Does everyone that tries cigarettes become a smoker? Absolutely not...some try it and dont like it and dont get addicted.

    Does everyone who drinks become an acoholic (chronic user). Absolutely not.

    There might be an upswing upon legalization but pot isnt for everyone....if it was, believe me, more people would smoking it now. It's available easily in most states. Not everyone will use pot, just like they dont now...just like everyone is addicted to cigarettes or booze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    WRONG !!

    Unbelievable. Wow, your'e really going overboard with your justifications now. ( You actually went full on left field when you compared marijuana to "SODA" )

    Your'e telling me that a group of kids after smoking a joint, EACH, will test the same as a group of kids who never smoked weed in their life ?

    It's called "dope" for a reason.
    So? It wont be legal for kids....just like booze.

    Do some get it illegally? Sure. Legalization wont make any difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So legalizing it wont lead to a increase in the amount of chronic users ? Legalizing it wont lead to a increase in the amount of young people becoming chronic users ?
    It won't lead to more users. It is easy enough to get now that few people who want to use it are deterred by the law or availability. If legalized it will probably become harder for young people to access since currently most sellers don't refuse to sell to teens as legal sellers will be required to do.
    Last edited by Hard Truth; 01-24-14 at 02:18 PM.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    First and foremost, my experience is not the exception, but rather the rule. A few statistics for you:
    Source
    95,916,972 American adults have used marijuana
    22,003,805 American adults have used marijuana this year
    8,120,045 American adults have likely used marijuana today

    22 million American adults have used Marijuana this year. That's 7% of the population, meaning statistically, one of your friends or family members, if not more than one, smoke on a semi-regular or regular basis, and you have no idea about it.

    Most smokers are like me, we do it in the privacy of our homes, and we keep quiet about it. We have to, because we'll be fired and judged for it. You would never suspect I smoked if you met me in real life. I'm a high stress, motivated engineer that works in electronics research. I use my brain all day long to its fullest potential, and at night I want to calm it down and relax.

    You're trying to fit 22 million people into a stereotype that you can throw stones at. Only a small portion of people ever get arrested for cannabis, and when they do, it's usually only for having cannabis, and not for their actions on it. You think that everyone who smokes has no motivation and is a criminal, because all you see is the criminals. You don't see the other 98% of the smokers who mind their own business, keep to themselves about it, and subsequently don't get caught.

    Do you have no respect for liberty? Do you want the government to be so powerful that they can control what we can and can not put into our own bodies? Whether you want to smoke or not is your decision, but why you would want to make criminals out of 96 million Americans that have harmed nobody blows my mind altogether.



    This is completely incorrect. Most of the medical marijuana initiatives, and both of the legalization initiatives in CO and WA were citizen ballots. That means the CITIZENS of those states decided as a majority to legalize. The CO governer openly and vehemently disagrees with legalization, but he respected the will of the people. Do you respect democracy and the will of the people, or do you want to override them to push your agenda?
    Your numbers in terms of what the pro-legalize crowd want ( to legalize it nationally ) are not relevant. And it's been my contention throughout this debate that the universal legalization of marijuana will have a negative impact on the society as a whole.

    I like the Co, Governor's statement. When did politicians sincerely start caring about the will of the people ? C'mon, Texas will never legalize it, not in my lifetime and it's still illegal in 48 States and possession is illegal in a majority of countries.

    You cant tell me the CO or Ca Governor was absolutely powerless ? Of-course the see the fiscal benefit of legalization, and it's my contention that THAT's what motivates their position on legalization.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  5. #175
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your numbers in terms of what the pro-legalize crowd want ( to legalize it nationally ) are not relevant. And it's been my contention throughout this debate that the universal legalization of marijuana will have a negative impact on the society as a whole.

    I like the Co, Governor's statement. When did politicians sincerely start caring about the will of the people ? C'mon, Texas will never legalize it, not in my lifetime and it's still illegal in 48 States and possession is illegal in a majority of countries.

    You cant tell me the CO or Ca Governor was absolutely powerless ? Of-course the see the fiscal benefit of legalization, and it's my contention that THAT's what motivates their position on legalization.
    We obviously have a major issue in this country with politicians doing whatever the **** they want, or whatever the hell corporations want them to do, while ignoring the will of the people. My question is why YOU want to overrule the will of the people and keep locking people in cages for not hurting anybody in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    By that logic, texting should be made illegal. Period.
    that is silly, I have never injested my smart phone, have you?

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    See, here you seem to understand it and yet it's still going over your head.

    YES! Your rights were infringed upon because they made a poor choice and got behind the wheel and killed someone.

    Your rights were not infringed BECAUSE THEY SMOKE POT.

    Smoking pot does not cause someone to kill someone with a vehicle.

    Smoking pot, making the poor decision to drive, and then hitting someone with your car causes someone to kill someone with a vehicle.

    The act of HITTING YOU WITH A CAR is what infringed upon your rights, not smoking pot.

    By YOUR logic, guns should be illegal...because guns can be used irresponsably in the process of murdering someone, therefore they must be banned. This is YOUR logic in suggesting Marijuana should be banned, because it could be used irresponsably and in the process cause someone to be killed.
    that is not logic, just assumption. Guns should not be illegal because no one's judgement becomes impaired by owning one? See how that works? smoke a joint, you no longer have the same judgement as you did before smoking it so your choices will be different.

    Owning guns, my judgement remains the same, before and after the purchase.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I think at worst they're about equal, and at best alcohol is worse. Part of that is likely because it's legal and thus used more?

    To my understanding, however, alcohol is more addictive (much more?) than marijuana, and thus is more likely to become a long-term problem.
    For those looking for more high, pot is only the first step before they get to other drugs that are more addictive

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Aren't libertarians the one's that advocate for minimal government intrusion? Are they the ones the generally advocate that the nation's drug war is a lost cause? So much for the theory that libertarian is just a conservative that wants to get laid and smoke dope....
    using your logic as to the definition of libertarian there should not be laws against murder or rape which is silly and illogical

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Sorry for your loss, but if alcohol was all your uncle drank, he would have died a lot sooner.

    I don't know which is more harmful...neither is good for you, IMO.

    The point should not be which is worse.

    The point should be does the government have the right to tell a sane adult what they can put into their own bodies?

    I say 'NO'.
    thanks, not sure I agree with the alcohol statement though, my grandfather drank at least one glass of wine almost every night and he lived to be 94, never going to a rest home or assisted living

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •