Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #141
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    Boogie man? cmon... we already see that Obamacare will be testing for for all sorts of things to allow you to get insurance.. TRUST ME.. THC will be on that list and TRUST ME you do not want the gov involoved in anything they "make legal" ... making legal equate to GOV CONTROL...

    take it to the bank..
    "Controlled substance" does not equal illegal, but it does mean controlled...and taxed which is really the only reason that states are considering legalizing it. Liquor and cigs are controlled too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    any stats to back that up?..and do we know the quantity of it or what else it effected in their lives?
    Well we hear plenty about how all the stroke and heart attack and diabetes 2 and lung cancer patients ended up there....if it was strongly correlated to any non-infectious diseases I think we'd have heard about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Ever heard of a pothead going into a blind
    rage and beating somebody to death for no reason at all? Ever heard of a pothead that smoked too much and died from an OD? No? Neither have I.
    Ever hear of a pot head who wasted the next 20 years of their life in a perperual state of intoxication ?

    Who's motivations changed all based on where the next bag of dope is going to come from ?

    Who traded their future and 30 points off their IQ for a perennial state of stupidity ? Who put off maturity and growth until the long term effects of chronic marijuana use finnaly overwhelm them but by then its too late.

    They've wasted decades of their lives being a lesser version of themselves.

    Tragic isn't it ? As it turns out its a common theme among chronic pot heads.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Ever hear of a pot head who wasted the next 20 years of their life in a perperual state of intoxication ?

    Who's motivations changed all based on where the next bag of dope is going to come from ?

    Who traded their future and 30 points off their IQ for a perennial state of stupidity ? Who put off maturity and growth until the long term effects of chronic marijuana use finnaly overwhelm them but by then its too late.

    They've wasted decades of their lives being a lesser version of themselves.

    Tragic isn't it ? As it turns out its a common theme among chronic pot heads.
    Alcohol does all of that and worse. Who are you to tell a person that they can't do something that is unhealthy for them?

  5. #145
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Alcohol does all of that and worse. Who
    are you to tell a person that they can't do something that is unhealthy for them?
    No, the effects of pot and alcohol are different.

    Why I have to tell YOU that is any ones guess.

    You folks seem to place your entire argument on those distinctions.

    I can drink 1 or two Scotch and waters ( Dewars White Label Please ) and still remain mentally sharp and with little to no long term effects on my motivation or my intellectual capabillities.

    Marijuana's effects are ultimately A-motivational. Stupifying and addicting.

    The REAL reason States are choosing NOT to go

  6. #146
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Alcohol does all of that and worse. Who
    are you to tell a person that they can't do something that is unhealthy for them?
    No, the effects of pot and alcohol are different.

    Why I have to tell YOU that is any ones guess.

    You folks seem to place your entire argument on those distinctions.

    I can drink 1 or two Scotch and waters ( Dewars White Label Please ) and still remain mentally sharp and with little to no long term effects on my motivation or my intellectual capabillities.

    Marijuana's effects are ultimately A-motivational. Stupifying and addicting.

    The REAL reason States are choosing NOT to go after pot smokers is THEY ARE BROKE.

    Good for pot heads, bad for society.

    Democrat Politicians want their constituents to be as dumb and unimformed as possible.

    Since burning books is a bit passe, legalizing pot is the next best thing.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, the effects of pot and alcohol are different.

    Why I have to tell YOU that is any ones guess.

    You folks seem to place your entire argument on those distinctions.

    I can drink 1 or two Scotch and waters ( Dewars White Label Please ) and still remain mentally sharp and with little to no long term effects on my motivation or my intellectual capabillities.

    Marijuana's effects are ultimately A-motivational. Stupifying and addicting.

    The REAL reason States are choosing NOT to go after pot smokers is THEY ARE BROKE.

    Good for pot heads, bad for society.

    Democrat Politicians want their constituents to be as dumb and unimformed as possible.

    Since burning books is a bit passe, legalizing pot is the next best thing.
    You've made it abundantly clear that you know very little about marijuana and its side effects. You're grasping at straws to try to justify the legality of alcohol over the legality of marijuana, but the reality is you can't. It doesn't cause cancer, it is not chemically addictive, and you cannot OD on it. In every way alcohol is worse for society than marijuana, yet marijuana stays illegal. The real reason it is illegal is the DEA and other entities that exist to enslave drug users in prisons for profit will take a serious hit if pot becomes legal.

  8. #148
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    he and most supporters think legalized pot is less harmful than alcohol, when it fact it is probably much worse. My uncle died at 47 from lung cancer and pot was all he smoked.
    I think at worst they're about equal, and at best alcohol is worse. Part of that is likely because it's legal and thus used more?

    To my understanding, however, alcohol is more addictive (much more?) than marijuana, and thus is more likely to become a long-term problem.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I think at worst they're about equal, and at best alcohol is worse. Part of that is likely because it's legal and thus used more?

    To my understanding, however, alcohol is more addictive (much more?) than marijuana, and thus is more likely to become a long-term problem.
    Keep in mind legalizing it and regulating it will take the drug dealer out of the picture. It won't take a criminal to get weed, and also less kids will get their hands on it when it is regulated and you get it with an ID at the store. Alcohol is generally harder for minors to get their hands on than weed is. Weed is not chemically addictive at all; you can die from alcohol withdrawals. You can not overdose on weed, but people die from alcohol poisoning all the time. There is really no way around the fact that alcohol is worse for you.

  10. #150
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Ever hear of a pot head who wasted the next 20 years of their life in a perperual state of intoxication ?

    Who's motivations changed all based on where the next bag of dope is going to come from ?

    Who traded their future and 30 points off their IQ for a perennial state of stupidity ? Who put off maturity and growth until the long term effects of chronic marijuana use finnaly overwhelm them but by then its too late.

    They've wasted decades of their lives being a lesser version of themselves.

    Tragic isn't it ? As it turns out its a common theme among chronic pot heads.
    Yep. I have. That's an addict.

    I've heard of and seen addicts of many types ruin their lives over alcohol, food, thrills, drugs, and other things

    The fact that some people are addicts or some people act irresponsibly with something is not a viable justification for the government forcefully disallowing the public at large from choosing on their own to undertake an action that is singularly directly affecting to themselves.

    You are no different at all from those who push for the banning of firearms and just as big of a statist, big government, mindset

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •