Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #131
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    .... and when the gov is involved maybe on any accident they will want to test you for THC... since now the gov is involved ... what point is not clear? whent he Obama gov is involved in making it "legal" your freedoms will be trampled.. soon sugar will be monitored and you will be tested..
    Travis...

    THE GOVERNMENT IS ALREADY INVOLVED.

    The fact it's illegal means the government is involved. What you're arguing for is continued GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT.

    It's no more reasonable to suggest that legalizing weed is going to lead to sugar being monitored and test as it is to suggest that keeping the government involved with making weed illegal will lead to sugar being illegaled.

    You're seriously trying to argue for continued, tangable, factual, UNQUESTIONED government involvement by putting forward a boogeyman of hypothetical, questionable, unknown government involvement.

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Your rights can't infringe on mine endangering my life because you make a poor choice and get behind the wheel and kill someone. Using your logic murder should be legal.
    See, here you seem to understand it and yet it's still going over your head.

    YES! Your rights were infringed upon because they made a poor choice and got behind the wheel and killed someone.

    Your rights were not infringed BECAUSE THEY SMOKE POT.

    Smoking pot does not cause someone to kill someone with a vehicle.

    Smoking pot, making the poor decision to drive, and then hitting someone with your car causes someone to kill someone with a vehicle.

    The act of HITTING YOU WITH A CAR is what infringed upon your rights, not smoking pot.

    By YOUR logic, guns should be illegal...because guns can be used irresponsably in the process of murdering someone, therefore they must be banned. This is YOUR logic in suggesting Marijuana should be banned, because it could be used irresponsably and in the process cause someone to be killed.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Travis...

    THE GOVERNMENT IS ALREADY INVOLVED.

    The fact it's illegal means the government is involved. What you're arguing for is continued GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT.

    It's no more reasonable to suggest that legalizing weed is going to lead to sugar being monitored and test as it is to suggest that keeping the government involved with making weed illegal will lead to sugar being illegaled.

    You're seriously trying to argue for continued, tangable, factual, UNQUESTIONED government involvement by putting forward a boogeyman of hypothetical, questionable, unknown government involvement.
    Boogie man? cmon... we already see that Obamacare will be testing for for all sorts of things to allow you to get insurance.. TRUST ME.. THC will be on that list and TRUST ME you do not want the gov involoved in anything they "make legal" ... making legal equate to GOV CONTROL...

    take it to the bank..

  4. #134
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Funny my brother in law has smoked pot for over 30 years without any lung trouble. Also many people get liver disease from alcohol. Many things affect people differently. The point being marijuanna should not be illegal.

    Is it healthy to smoke pot? Nope. However there are plenty of things that are unhealthy and legal.
    How does this line jive with the government more and more trying to force people to be healthy?

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    How does this line jive with the government more and more trying to force people to be healthy?
    Outside of places like New York that are draconian in their "Healthy" measures, for the most part people can and still do eat, smoke, and drink things that are not healthy for them.

  6. #136
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    Boogie man? cmon... we already see that Obamacare will be testing for for all sorts of things to allow you to get insurance.. TRUST ME.. THC will be on that list and TRUST ME you do not want the gov involoved in anything they "make legal" ... making legal equate to GOV CONTROL...

    take it to the bank..
    Sorry Travis, but I just can't understand this logic.

    You say making it legal will get the government involved? Well keeping it illegal already has the government involved. So I'm not sure what you're argument is other than "We can't let the government stop being involved, because then the government would be involved!"

    You say they could test your blood for it for Obamacare to get insurance? Well, since it's ILLEGAL and the government is involved with it right now, the exact same hypothetical could happen NOW. If THC could be on the list to check for when getting insurance when it's legal, then THC could be on the list to check for when getting insurance when it's ILLEGAL currently.

    NONE of what you're suggest in terms of government involvement, none of which is guaranteed, is any less capable of happening NOW. Actually, it's MORE capable, because they could use the basis of it's illegality as justification for it.

    You say "making legal equates to GOV CONTROL"....well keeping it illegal already equates to GOV CONTROL, with the added caveat that the government can physically incarcerate you for it.

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    White House docs say pot causes brain damage and lower IQ in teens, alcohol does not

    President Obama’s latest claims about marijuana are contradicted by research and official positions of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, which is part of the White House. And Mr. Obama’s words have anti-drug leaders worried about negative repercussions among youth.

    Mr. Obama claimed to The New Yorker magazine that marijuana is no worse than cigarettes or alcohol and he promoted state efforts by Colorado and Washington to legalize marijuana, which remains illegal under federal law.

    The National Drug Control Policy’s official stance, posted on the whitehouse.gov website, says the opposite of Mr. Obama on all counts.

    For example, as documented in agency reports, marijuana smoke has significantly more carcinogens than tobacco smoke.

    And as reported by the government’s National Institute on Drug Abuse, adolescent use of marijuana does something that alcohol does not; it causes permanent brain damage, including lowering of I.Q.

    Taxpayers have spent billions of dollars warning about drugs, often about marijuana, but these efforts were dramatically undercut by the president’s comments.

    Mr. Obama might as well have rolled that money into a joint and smoked it on national television.

    He told the interviewer, David Remnick, that his earlier years of prodigious puffery were “a bad habit and a vice.” Yet he doesn’t warn others not to follow in his footsteps.



    Read more: ISTOOK: Obama's White House drug experts contradict his marijuana claims - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    You think that is bad; the right denies and disparages something they claim to have Faith in regarding Intelligent Design, by claiming a potentially seed bearing is bad and not good. Why do "original sinners" believe they are more Right, that a god.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Sorry Travis, but I just can't understand this logic.

    You say making it legal will get the government involved? Well keeping it illegal already has the government involved. So I'm not sure what you're argument is other than "We can't let the government stop being involved, because then the government would be involved!"

    You say they could test your blood for it for Obamacare to get insurance? Well, since it's ILLEGAL and the government is involved with it right now, the exact same hypothetical could happen NOW. If THC could be on the list to check for when getting insurance when it's legal, then THC could be on the list to check for when getting insurance when it's ILLEGAL currently.

    NONE of what you're suggest in terms of government involvement, none of which is guaranteed, is any less capable of happening NOW. Actually, it's MORE capable, because they could use the basis of it's illegality as justification for it.

    You say "making legal equates to GOV CONTROL"....well keeping it illegal already equates to GOV CONTROL, with the added caveat that the government can physically incarcerate you for it.
    well ..Im not going to do this dance again.. my point is valid .. once the Gov "makes it legal" the Gov will conrtol it and YOU.. very simple.. maybe one day my words will resonate ( no pun lol) with you..

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    he and most supporters think legalized pot is less harmful than alcohol, when it fact it is probably much worse. My uncle died at 47 from lung cancer and pot was all he smoked.
    The people who started smoking cannabis in the sixties would be filling the cancer wards now that they are in their 60s and 70s if it was a significant cancer hazard. That is not happening.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The people who started smoking cannabis in the sixties would be filling the cancer wards now that they are in their 60s and 70s if it was a significant cancer hazard. That is not happening.
    any stats to back that up?..and do we know the quantity of it or what else it effected in their lives?

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •