Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Ummmm are you on the sauce too? The post you quoted me on specifically said:



    Um that IS pot, which IS the topic. Maybe you just demonstrated that alcohol is just as bad as pot

    which was in reference to the other things you posted about deflection which was a lie on your part. That is one of your character traits that probably won't change.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    which was in reference to the other things you posted about deflection which was a lie on your part. That is one of your character traits that probably won't change.
    How is it a lie, are you saying eating/drinking, passengers in the car, and the radio do not perform ANY form of distraction that causes accidents? The only way I would be lying is if NONE of those things I listed caused accidents. The fact is those things HAVE caused accidents and YOU said you wanted the highways SAFE.

    Shall I show you the quote where you said you wanted the highways safe? Your character trait is you like to blame ONE thing without looking at other things that cause the SAME THING you claim to rally against. You claimed you wanted the highways safe. That wasn't my claim, that was YOURS.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your'e comparing soda to a chemical that's illegal in 48 States and Federally.

    It seems to be a trend here.
    Yes there does seem to be a trend. Just a few years ago marijuana was illegal in all 50 states and federally. This trend you talk about is to legalize weed. I imagine this trend will continue until possession of marijuana is legal in most, if not all of the states.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,694

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Your rights can't infringe on mine endangering my life because you make a poor choice and get behind the wheel and kill someone. Using your logic murder should be legal.
    By that logic, texting should be made illegal. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #125
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So what's the Washington Post printing, marijuana builds strong bones and big muscles?
    Only that it will get you high like alcohol, but you don't puke on your shoes.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    I don't care what ANY doctor says...even that smoking pot will kill you in 5 seconds.

    IT IS NONE OF THE GOVERNMENTS BUSINESS WHAT ANY SANE ADULT PUTS IN THEIR BODY.

  7. #127
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    its different.. guns and pot are not same .. period...
    So guns make people do bad things, or pot makes people do bad things. Which is it?

    Why do you think it's intelligent to use liberal arguments? Do you have any respect for liberty whatsoever, or are you one of the big government statist types that wants to control what people do in the privacy of their own homes?

    Alcohol, cigarettes, big macs, cars, guns, etc. etc. etc. all kill thousands and thousands of people every year, while marijuana kills zero. Why aren't you begging the government to control those things for you as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your'e comparing soda to a chemical that's illegal in 48 States and Federally.

    It seems to be a trend here.
    You seem to be highly uneducated on the subject. Marijuana is legal as a medication in 20 states. If you actually read the history of it's prohibition, you'd realize it had more to do with being worried that black men will get high and rape white women than it has to do with any actual danger.

    And why do you want the government defining what happens in the privacy of your home? Would you like them defining your sexual position, or what you may eat?
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 01-23-14 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Your rights can't infringe on mine endangering my life because you make a poor choice and get behind the wheel and kill someone. Using your logic murder should be legal.
    Murder involves demonstrable harm, not the possibility of harm.

    By your logic we should ban cars. Everybodys safer that way.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So guns make people do bad things, or pot makes people do bad things. Which is it?

    Why do you think it's intelligent to use liberal arguments? Do you have any respect for liberty whatsoever, or are you one of the big government statist types that wants to control what people do in the privacy of their own homes?

    Alcohol, cigarettes, big macs, cars, guns, etc. etc. etc. all kill thousands and thousands of people every year, while marijuana kills zero. Why aren't you begging the government to control those things for you as well?



    You seem to be highly uneducated on the subject. Marijuana is legal as a medication in 20 states. If you actually read the history of it's prohibition, you'd realize it had more to do with being worried that black men will get high and rape white women than it has to do with any actual danger.

    And why do you want the government defining what happens in the privacy of your home? Would you like them defining your sexual position, or what you may eat?
    No, he just wants the govt defining OUR sexual positions and deciding what WE eat based on HIS preferences.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #130
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    its different.. guns and pot are not same .. period...
    Well, since you say "it's different" that clearly is enough of an argument to convince me...

    Oh wait, it's not.

    Just saying "it's different" and "they're not the same" doesn't actually say anything.

    HOW, specifically HOW is it not the same?

    An IRRESPONSIBLE person takes a gun, goes into a crowded area, and shoots people.

    An IRRESPONSIBLE person smokes some weed, goes into a car, and hits someone.

    In the first instance, the stance is we shouldn't blame the gun and ban it, we blame the person who CHOSE to take the gun and use it in an irresponsible way.

    Yet in the second instance, the stance seems to be we should blame the pot and ban it, NOT blame the person who CHOSE to take the pot and use it in an irresponsible way.

    Please, EXPLAIN how they're "not the same" because just saying "they're not the same" isn't an argument.

    If that is your only argument, let me issue an equally legitimate and sound retort.

    "Yes, they're the same"

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •