Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 324

Thread: ISTOOK: The blunt truth — White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana [W:91]

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,437
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    when it comes to intoxicated people endangering the lives of others, yes
    Lifes a risky prospect.

    How about we deal with what actually HAPPENS and not what could.possibly maybe happen.

    Does the term "nanny state" mean anything to you? You know, where the state.protects you from yourself.

    How unlibertarian of you pushing my rights back like that. I thought that was THE key of your platform. Liberty and responsibility. Where's the violation of your rights? (You don't have a right to dictate others behavior without demonstrable harm)

    We could spend WEEKS listing things that increase our risks and provide no benefits.

    And any attempt to address some of them would elicit cries of "Big Government","Nanny State", "Gun Grabber", etc etc, ad nauseum from you.

    You don't like pot and want the state to enforce your displeasure.

    Doesn't work that way. (Unless you got lots of money for campaign donations).
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The rights for someone to smoke in the privacy of their own home. Why are you against freedom?
    .... and when the gov is involved maybe on any accident they will want to test you for THC... since now the gov is involved ... what point is not clear? whent he Obama gov is involved in making it "legal" your freedoms will be trampled.. soon sugar will be monitored and you will be tested..

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    .... and when the gov is involved maybe on any accident they will want to test you for THC... since now the gov is involved ... what point is not clear? whent he Obama gov is involved in making it "legal" your freedoms will be trampled.. soon sugar will be monitored and you will be tested..
    Dude are you on the sauce, you are making NO sense.

    Fact is with alcohol being legal, so should marijuana. The fact YOU aren't satisfied with testing is no reason for it being illegal.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,264

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Because the right YOU'RE asking for is forcing other people to act in a certain way to accomodate YOUR desires.

    The right THEY'RE asking for is the ability for HTEMSELVES to act in a certian way to accomodate THEIR desires.

    YOU don't have hte right to demand how other people act if it does not DIRECTLY impact you. What you're basically saying is that as long as that impact can be manufactured through loose jumps of logic and multiple steps of seperation, then it's reasonable for the government to act.

    Well thank you Mr. Bloomberg, I didn't realize Mr. Soda Ban was posting on the Debate Politics forum under the screen name of Fenton
    Your'e comparing soda to a chemical that's illegal in 48 States and Federally.

    It seems to be a trend here.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  5. #115
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Dude are you on the sauce, you are making NO sense.

    Fact is with alcohol being legal, so should marijuana. The fact YOU aren't satisfied with testing is no reason for it being illegal.
    I busted out laughing. Now everyone thinks I'm crazy.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Lifes a risky prospect.

    How about we deal with what actually HAPPENS and not what could.possibly maybe happen.

    Does the term "nanny state" mean anything to you? You know, where the state.protects you from yourself.

    How unlibertarian of you pushing my rights back like that. I thought that was THE key of your platform. Liberty and responsibility. Where's the violation of your rights? (You don't have a right to dictate others behavior without demonstrable harm)

    We could spend WEEKS listing things that increase our risks and provide no benefits.

    And any attempt to address some of them would elicit cries of "Big Government","Nanny State", "Gun Grabber", etc etc, ad nauseum from you.

    You don't like pot and want the state to enforce your displeasure.

    Doesn't work that way. (Unless you got lots of money for campaign donations).
    Your rights can't infringe on mine endangering my life because you make a poor choice and get behind the wheel and kill someone. Using your logic murder should be legal.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Do you have any idea how many people die from alcohol related illness? No you don't.
    no one I know, it is probably close to 100 on the cancer side

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Smoking pot when someone is AT HOME does NOT infringe on your rights. The fact YOU and others don't understand how to test for it on the road is not a reason to make it illegal.

    You were the one that brought up that you want the highways "SAFE" and I just poked holes in your comment, that isn't deflection. That is your lack of being able to defend your position.
    yes the things you posted had nothing to do with alcohol or pot, so in fact it was deflection and off topic.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Ever heard of a pothead going into a blind rage and beating somebody to death for no reason at all? Ever heard of a pothead that smoked too much and died from an OD? No? Neither have I.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISTOOK: The blunt truth White house drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    yes the things you posted had nothing to do with alcohol or pot, so in fact it was deflection and off topic.
    Ummmm are you on the sauce too? The post you quoted me on specifically said:

    Smoking pot when someone is AT HOME does NOT infringe on your rights.
    Um that IS pot, which IS the topic. Maybe you just demonstrated that alcohol is just as bad as pot

    AGAIN YOU stated you wanted the highways SAFE. YOU are the one who brought that up. I just pointed out to you the things that are LEGAL that DON'T make the highways safe and you deflected, dodged and ducked. Pathetic.

    The ONLY reason you brought up pot being illegal was some straw man about the highways. Pathetic response dude given ALL the other LEGAL distractions on the highway.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 01-23-14 at 12:40 AM.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •